“Very nice horses and a great trail ride”

Cuadra San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Cuadra San Francisco, Los Cabos' Only Professional Equestrian Center, has horses for all levels of experience. Well trained, well fed horses will make your equestrian experience exhilarating! Owned by Master Horseman Francisco J Barrena with more than 50 years experience training horses. Trail Rides, Lessons, Carriage Rides Please call us directly DO NOT CLICK THE BOOK A TOUR BUTTON this goes to third party that does not represent us. Sorry.
Santa Clara, California, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very nice horses and a great trail ride”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I booked a 2 hour trail ride at Cuadra San Francisco. I had emailed them before we left for our trip and they answered promptly with many options for a ride. We spent an hour on the canyon side and an hour on beach side. I have a horse of my own and ride hunter/jumper, my boyfriend does not ride at all and they had horses for both of us that were very well behaved. The facility is a working riding school with nice stalls, an arena and paddocks. All of the horses there looked to be in very good shape, groomed and well feed. No depressed or underfed horses here!

What really impressed me about the horses was this. On our ride, we started up on the canyon side and had to pass back through the barn area to get down to the beach part of the ride. Most horses would want to stop right at the barn and protest about passing through and continuing on with a ride. Both of our horses walked right on through without a second thought and seemed happy to get to the beach.

If you do go on a ride, remember to bring a camera or your phone, your guide will be happy to take pictures at a couple of places with great views on the canyon ride.

Overall this was a really great experience and I'll be back the next time we go to Cabo!

Visited July 2014
5 Thank Ljgracie
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your ride and our horses, our job is to put a smile on your faces! Thank you for noticing the great care that we take with the environment that we provide for our horses and the amount of training that results in well trained and happy horses. Please come back again! Our two hour ride to the canyon is really outstanding!

Lake Oswego, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Horse Lover's Delight near Cabo San Lucas!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I ride dressage and have two of my own horses in Oregon. I visit the Cabo area for several months every winter, and, although I had driven by Quadra San Francisco many times, it was not until last December that I decided to stop in there and have a look around. I was thrilled with what I found. Their horses were well cared for, the facility was very clean, and they offered good, trustworthy, even tempered and well-trained horses to riders of all levels. Their horses were not spooky at all, yet had spirit. Perhaps this results from their method of starting horses with a blanket on their rump covered with small metal rings. If the horse jumps or bucks, it starts up such a clatter that 1) The horse learns eventually that fussing and spooking gets it nowhere except tired out, and 2) It becomes desensitized and learns not to be afraid of every little thing. I saw many happy smiles from riders returning from their safe trail rides through countryside and on beaches.

I myself am a dressage enthusiast, and so I immediately wanted to try out the classical instruction they offer to riders of all levels, in addition to their trail riding trips. And what a treat I had!! I rode a 14 year old Lucitano, who was far better trained than I! The slightest touch of leg would bring forth a canter from a halt on the correct lead. The same for the flying changes across the diagonal. The slightest shift of weight back with hardly any rein restraint and he would immediately slow. He was one of the most highly trained dressage horses I have ever ridden. So I began taking lessons three times a week, learning things to take back with me to my own horses in Oregon.

I liked that there was great variety in my lessons. Sometimes the instructor rode along side me, challenging me to copy what he was doing on his horse. Other times there was another student or so and he instructed us from a short distance. Always we rode with beautiful classical music in the background. I only discovered later that these folks are fourth generation horse trainers and have studied with world famous classical dressage trainers in Europe. Lucky we riders who find Quadra San Francisco in Cabo!! I am looking forward to winter 2014/15 when I will ride with them once again.

There is parking, but do bring your cameras, water, and snacks and have a great time!! They also have safety helmets as needed.

Visited December 2013
6 Thank libbial
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, I am sure that the people that read it can get a sense of what Cuadra San Francisco has to offer! We really enjoy having you as part of our equestrian community and are so happy that you find all of our horses so well trained. The "skirt" is an anquera it is made of leather and hangs off of the back of the saddle. The only equestrian culture to use it is the Mexican one and sadly the new trainers do not take advantage of it. Thank you again for taking your time to write a review, Karen.
Orlando, Florida, United States
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A must do in Cabo”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Very well kept stable and horses. a great trail ride through the country side. The owners were present and made sure everything was perfect. Watched the owner training one of their horses, what a beautiful site to see them and their performance. I would do this again.

Visited June 2014
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you so much for such a great review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your riding experience and we hope to see you again in Cuadra San Francisco
Caracas, Venezuela
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horse riding in Los Cabos”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The stables are quite nice. Horses are well taken care, they are obedient and well trained. Our guide was very helpful and explained the places where we were riding. I recommend that you take at least the 2 hour trip so you can make 1 hour in the countryside and 1 hour of riding along the beach. It is well worth the ride. Either on couple or in groups. Children would love to see the animals in the countryside (foxes, hares, lizards and other animals typical of desert weather).

You should bring your own water because the Cuadra does not sell food or drinks at their facilities. You should also bring your camera so you can take pictures with the horses, riding or not.

Visited June 2014
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review, we take great pride in our horses and their level of training so you visitors will have a wonderful experience. We hope to see you again in Cuadra San Francisco. Some how a booking button was placed on our page but that does not go to us so in the future please Email us or call us to make your reservations, Thanks you
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent! Not your average trail ride....”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My fiancé and I have ridden at a lot of places around the world - this is one of the best! The horses are well looked after and well trained and the staff are knowledgeable and friendly. We had a late afternoon ride on the beach, and once the guide saw we were competent, he was happy to let us canter, which the horses loved ( a nice change from other trail ride places ). The facility also offers lessons, and has a nice training facility on site. It was so good we went back a second time!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Pipistrello808
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing Cuadra San Francisco and taking your time to write a review. We enjoyed being able to make your trail ride a positive experience and hope to see you again in the near future!