“awesome ride”

Cuadra San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Cuadra San Francisco, Los Cabos' Only Professional Equestrian Center, has horses for all levels of experience. Well trained, well fed horses will make your equestrian experience exhilarating! Owned by Master Horseman Francisco J Barrena with more than 50 years experience training horses. Trail Rides, Lessons, Carriage Rides Please call us directly DO NOT CLICK THE BOOK A TOUR BUTTON this goes to third party that does not represent us. Sorry.
Birmingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“awesome ride”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We wanted a short 1hour ride on the Beach & they did exactly what we wanted. The staff & Horses were great. We left our hotel at 9:30 & we were back at 11:30 The ocean view was great. We will for sure use them again on our next trip to Cabo.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank skinner57
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We are so happy that you experienced just what you asked for, it is our pleasure to put smiles on the faces of our guests! We hope to see you in the new future again at Cuadra San Francisco!

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beach ride was amazing!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We took a chance on Cuadra San Francisco due to all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. There were only 45 reivews, but no other facilty had any reviews. I also noticed their facility along the highway, so knowing that I could find the place was another reason I chose them. I noticed that they offered English saddles which is what my daughter prefers. The receptionist spoke in English. She did try to suggest that we not use English saddles if we didn't bring our breeches. She said that the saddle would hurt our legs. However she did say we could choose once we arrived.
The facility is well maintained, friendly staff, horses and dogs to pet. There was a jumping lesson occurring when we arrived, so that was fun to watch. Worth showing up a little early.
My daughter and her friend chose the English saddles, even without their breeches. They had no issues. I chose the western saddle and it was really comfortable.
We were told the mountain / desert ride was better than the beach ride and it probably is however my daughter had her sights set on the beach ride. I think that is every 13 year olds dream, to canter on a beach. We did the private 1 hour ride so we could canter and trot. If I knew the ride was going to be so comfortable, I would have opted for the two hour mixed ride. On the way back our guide showed off his awesome lasso skills. All in all, definitely worth doing.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Kristin H
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am glad that you all had a good experience and that the girls had the English Saddles and I hope that you do come back and take the canyon ride. It was a pleasure getting to know you all after the ride and we hope that you will return in the near future, Karen
Vancouver
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We ride here every year, a wonderful experience”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have been riding annually at Cuadra San Francisco for many years. The professional environment, well-cared-for horses, excellent trail guides, and of course the stunning scenery, keep us coming back. The green desert, the canyons, the arroyos -- magical trails with a terrific facility.

Visited February 2013
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We are so happy for your continuing patronage and would like to thank you for that and your time in submitting your review! We will look forward to your next visit.
Vail, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fun ride on very nice horses”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I took some time away from my family to go off alone for a "real" trail ride on some very nice horses. Upon arrival the place had a nice tranquil feel and felt like a little oasis. I took a private ride with guide Felix, who was a nice, fun young man with good horse experience. He took the time to stop and take pictures of me and made efforts to get some nice shots! He was good with the rope and put on a nice show with his lasso. My horse was a young grey who was responsive and had a very nice walk, trot and canter. My horse was light in his bridle and was happy. Never a spook or side step, which shows me how safe these horses are for all riders. We even had a few fun gallops along our ride! My horse went right back to a walk when I asked and was well mannered. I chose to stay and ride on the desert side and rode around 10 am for about 1 hour. They did offer a beach ride, but I have done this before and was curious about the desert side. It was pleasant and not too hot. The sand trails are wide and safe. The flowering trees and huge cactus are beautiful in a ruff hewn way. The return, looking out to the sea had a nice breeze that made the ride even better. The saddle was comfortable and fit the horse well. The owners of the facility took the time to say hello and speak with me personally asking about my experience and where I was from. Overall an A+ experience. I am considering coming back for a few classical dressage riding lessons in the Fall. They seem to have a nice herd of Iberian and Azteca horses! It was fun watching the riders work with the garocha pole and practicing Spanish walk on the horses. The rates are very reasonable and comparable to the cowboys on the beach who do not always have healthy and happy horses. If you want a real ride while in Cabo where your not just a "passenger" on some sad soul of a horse, take the time to go to Cuadra San Francisco and enjoy! I highly recommend. I took a cab there and back. Take cash and don't forget to tip your guide!

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Niksmtn
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am delighted that you had such a memorable ride and that you took the time to write a review for Cuadra San Francisco. I am glad that you took the desert ride, there is always something waiting to be discovered, small purple flowers, jack rabbits and sometimes even a grey fox. I appreciate you assessment of our horses and our guide, this lets us know that we are doing a good job. We hope to see you again in Cuadra San Francisco, Karen
Jakarta
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“wonderful horses”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stopped by to visit, having had the place recommended by a new acquaintance. Horses are the friendliest, gentlest animals I've ever encountered in a stable setting - and I speak as someone who has had quite some experience in this regard. We watched a dressage lesson, which was very capably presented. Unfortunately we hadn't time to take a trail ride or a lesson, but I was informed (by the acquaintance, whose daughter rides there weekly) that it's a very well worth it US$50 an hour. As other reviewers have mentioned, the dogs are exceptionally friendly, too. And the location (km 19.5, north side of the CSL - San Jose del Cabo Highway) has a wonderful sea view, too.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank LMilich
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I am so happy that you had a chance to visit us but I hope that next time you visit that you will have time to take a ride or lesson. I really appreciate the time that you took to write this review, thank you so much, Karen