“Loved the horses and not even a horseback rider”

Cuadra San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Cuadra San Francisco, Los Cabos' Only Professional Equestrian Center, has horses for all levels of experience. Well trained, well fed horses will make your equestrian experience exhilarating! Owned by Master Horseman Francisco J Barrena with more than 50 years experience training horses. Trail Rides, Lessons, Carriage Rides Please call us directly DO NOT CLICK THE BOOK A TOUR BUTTON this goes to third party that does not represent us. Sorry.
San Francisco, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved the horses and not even a horseback rider”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

In accompanying my friends who love horses while on holiday in Cabo, I rode with them without any fear whatsoever. The quality of the horses at Cuadra San Francisco perhaps is the single biggest reason. They are cared for and well trained by the family owners. On my bucket list was riding a horse on a beach and we did this on our hour's ride from the stables. I would not hesitate to recommend this company for anyone less than enthused about horseback riding, but willing to go out with friends. You might surprise yourself and want to do it again.

Visited March 2013
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your ride! We have horses for all levels of experience and are cognizant that there are first timers or nervous riders so we do have our "automatic" horses that make it easy for these riders, they are well trained and calm natured. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again in Cuadra San Francisco.

San Francisco, California, United States
“Cuadra San Francisco”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

As an equestrian and horse lover, riding the impeccably trained and gorgeous horses at Cuadra San Francisco this morning was the highlight of my trip to Los Cabos. Six women friends took an hour's private ride along the beach with our guide. Even those who had not ridden much felt comfortable on our trusty yet energetic steeds which were a mix of Andalusian, thoroughbred and quarter horse bloodlines. We were greeted warmly by the family and staff and the horses are well cared for and sweet to be around.

When we returned to the stables, father and son were doing exquisite dressage moves on their horses which totally captivated us for a half an hour. The entire visit was a nature immersion. The dogs greeted us eagerly and the range free roosters and chicks were fearlessly roaming the property. Next time we will book two hours and take the canyon ride.

Visited March 2013
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Donna,It was a great pleasure to meet all of you, I put your photo when you returned from your trail on our Facebook page. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we are looking forward to your next visit! Karen OShaughnessy
Ferndale, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lesson”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I took the opportunity to have a lesson taught by Francesco on a lovely and well trained stallion. It was a great experience and one I will be hoping to repeat the next time we are in San Jose del Cabo. Francesco was able to put me at ease on the horse and with his guidance we were able to perform some of the moves I dream of doing with my own horse one day. The expertise shown by Francesco and his son Valente was something to behold.
The stables are nicely set up and all the horses I saw looked very well cared for. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the other riders I met very friendly.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank deborah m
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Deborah, we are so happy that you enjoyed your lesson with Francisco and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Francisco J Barrena is an internationally respected trainer and professor and most students and fellow trainers are astonished at what they learn in one lesson. I hope that you will be able to return and take more lessons with Francisco and Valente and perhaps take one of our trail rides, Sincerely, Karen OShaughnessy
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“You’re in great hands…and on great hooves”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Recently when we were in Cabo, my husband played golf and I hung out with the horses. Although I had owned a horse for many years, I had become quite anxious and lost the pleasure in riding. Well, these people restored it! I went on a desert ride, with sand, cactus and millions of butterflies, on a terrifically responsive horse. I couldn’t believe that when I said stop or slow down, he did! This was a well-trained horse with a very soft mouth, not your typical hire by the hour. Another day, since I had enjoyed the trail ride so much, I took a private lesson. Again, I was delighted with both the quality of the horse and the instruction. By the end of the hour, my enthusiasm for riding was restored and I was ready, and excited, about doing more. While hanging out at the barn for those two days, Valente and Francisco’s attitude towards training very much impressed me. They want the horse (and rider) to enjoy the work and have rhythm - they are willing to work with both the horse and rider, investing the time to bring them along slowly and quietly. I saw such joy and passion for the work in both the masters and their equine partners, that I wish I could have a horse that they had started. I look forward to my next trip so that I can ride with them again.

Visited February 2013
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review. We all at Cuadra San Francisco loved getting to know you and are looking forward to your next visit! I hope that you bring back your red boots! However we are all especially happy to have had the opportunity to be part of your process in returning to love riding again and are looking forward to your return visit! Sincerely, Karen
Shanghai
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great experience for my kid”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I went with my 5 yrs old kid.
The horses are beautiful and well trained.
There was a brief tip and riding in the circle for my first timer child,
but then we went to ride along the beautiful Cabo beach side.
The horse made a little thrilling trott for my kid, but they taught her how to deal with these situations in advance, and the horse also resoponded well.
After a few minutes, it was already her thing.
So glad we went there.

Visited July 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write this review and for enclosing the photo of your child on the horse. We love the giggles that first time kids get during their first trot! Our aim is to make this a wonderful experience for the whole family and your letter makes us proud! We hope to see your family again in Cuadra San Francisco, Karen