“Great lesson” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cuadra San Francisco

Cuadra San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Cuadra San Francisco, Los Cabos' Only Professional Equestrian Center, has horses for all levels of experience. Well trained, well fed horses will make your equestrian experience exhilarating! Owned by Master Horseman Francisco J Barrena with more than 50 years experience training horses. Trail Rides, Lessons, Carriage Rides Please call us directly DO NOT CLICK THE BOOK A TOUR BUTTON this goes to third party that does not represent us. Sorry.
Ferndale, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lesson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I took the opportunity to have a lesson taught by Francesco on a lovely and well trained stallion. It was a great experience and one I will be hoping to repeat the next time we are in San Jose del Cabo. Francesco was able to put me at ease on the horse and with his guidance we were able to perform some of the moves I dream of doing with my own horse one day. The expertise shown by Francesco and his son Valente was something to behold.
The stables are nicely set up and all the horses I saw looked very well cared for. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the other riders I met very friendly.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank deborah m
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Deborah, we are so happy that you enjoyed your lesson with Francisco and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Francisco J Barrena is an internationally respected trainer and professor and most students and fellow trainers are astonished at what they learn in one lesson. I hope that you will be able to return and take more lessons with Francisco and Valente and perhaps take one of our trail rides, Sincerely, Karen OShaughnessy

Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“You’re in great hands…and on great hooves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Recently when we were in Cabo, my husband played golf and I hung out with the horses. Although I had owned a horse for many years, I had become quite anxious and lost the pleasure in riding. Well, these people restored it! I went on a desert ride, with sand, cactus and millions of butterflies, on a terrifically responsive horse. I couldn’t believe that when I said stop or slow down, he did! This was a well-trained horse with a very soft mouth, not your typical hire by the hour. Another day, since I had enjoyed the trail ride so much, I took a private lesson. Again, I was delighted with both the quality of the horse and the instruction. By the end of the hour, my enthusiasm for riding was restored and I was ready, and excited, about doing more. While hanging out at the barn for those two days, Valente and Francisco’s attitude towards training very much impressed me. They want the horse (and rider) to enjoy the work and have rhythm - they are willing to work with both the horse and rider, investing the time to bring them along slowly and quietly. I saw such joy and passion for the work in both the masters and their equine partners, that I wish I could have a horse that they had started. I look forward to my next trip so that I can ride with them again.

Visited February 2013
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review. We all at Cuadra San Francisco loved getting to know you and are looking forward to your next visit! I hope that you bring back your red boots! However we are all especially happy to have had the opportunity to be part of your process in returning to love riding again and are looking forward to your return visit! Sincerely, Karen
Shanghai
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great experience for my kid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I went with my 5 yrs old kid.
The horses are beautiful and well trained.
There was a brief tip and riding in the circle for my first timer child,
but then we went to ride along the beautiful Cabo beach side.
The horse made a little thrilling trott for my kid, but they taught her how to deal with these situations in advance, and the horse also resoponded well.
After a few minutes, it was already her thing.
So glad we went there.

Visited July 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write this review and for enclosing the photo of your child on the horse. We love the giggles that first time kids get during their first trot! Our aim is to make this a wonderful experience for the whole family and your letter makes us proud! We hope to see your family again in Cuadra San Francisco, Karen
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“"Best in Class" Equestrian Academy! Best in Cabo by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I started with a 2 hour trail ride with my family, who ranged from beginner to intermediate riders. The experienced and helpful staff paired all riders with appropriate horses. All had the ride of their lives. I returned for a lesson with Francesco (who along with his son, run this Center). I've spent 50 years riding at so-called elite ranches and equestrian facilities from Wyoming to Portugal, on everything from Arabians to Lusitano's and learned more and improved more in a few hours thanks to the exceptionally trained horses and the first class instruction. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or "advanced" rider, you'll love the atmosphere, scenic trails, intelligent staff and breadth of elite-level of instruction and coaching. Next trip to Cabo, I'll plan in advance to have daily instruction and trail rides. Bravo Caudra San Francesco! This was the highlight of my annual Cabo vacation and the best riding experience I've ever had. The commitment to excellence and genuine passion to create a truly "one-of-a-kind" equestrian facility is apparent to anyone fortunate enough to find this "find". Again, Bravo!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Chris G
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I was going to say that you made my day but I think that you made my month! We are so happy that you had a wonderful riding experience both on the trail and in classes! This is exactly what we are aiming for! We are looking forward to your return visit in Cuadra San Francisco!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well trained horses and beautiful scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I visited Cuadra San Francisco in December 2012 over Xmas. I did a one hour dressage lesson and a 2 hour trail / beach ride.

It is a pleasure to ride such well schooled horses with soft mouths and responsive touch. My dressage lesson was a real education and I consider it all ready to be the top riding experience I have had to ride a beautiful Lusitano stallion. We did flying changes in canter, shoulder in, Spanish steps, transitions etcetera I assure you I was not capable of doing those things when I arrived! Valente was an excellent instructor and was very patient.

I took a private trail / beach ride the next day on a young Lusitano mare. Valente made sure both I and the mare were happy together before we left. We were accompanied by a guide on another of their stallions who was so beautifully schooled too and showed off with a little Spanish steps whilst we were out.

The beach and hill trail were both great scenery and it is nice to do a private trail at your own pace. I was offered only a mixed ride at the riding centre next to my hotel with non-riders and whoever turned up, the price was similar and their horses did not look well cared for. I had already done the research on Cuadra San Francisco and that really sealed it. It was worth a taxi fare to get there rather than a walk next door to a centre which was not as good.

I would definitely recommend and hope to return again one day.

1 Thank Jop22
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review. I am so happy that not only did we meet your expectations but exceeded them. We take great pride in our horses our lessons and our trail rides. We would love to see you return to Cuadra San Francisco in the future.