“Good choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 115 Hotels in Los Cabos
La Paz
“Good choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nice hotel in the best place. It´s right in La Marina de Cabo San Lucas, the heart and soul of Los Cabos. Rooms are narrow, at least the one i got. But, who cares? I spent all day long and part of the night at pool, restaurants and several bars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I purchased a Groupon Getaway which applied to this hotel. I will begin with the pros as I believe in giving credit where it's due. The hotel staff was extremely nice and helpful. I can't speak enough of the housekeeping staff and the bellmen. The bed was comfortable, the pool area was nice and the location great for getting around town.

The cons...upon arrival we inquired about upgrading our room, which we did for a nominal fee. The hotel and the rooms are in need of repair/make over. With the upgrade we went from a Jr. Suite to the so called Penthouse Suite. This was not luxury suite at all. The furniture in the room was deplorable and the smell unacceptable. The children 7/12 were happy just to be in Cabo so I figured I'd suck it up, that is, until the bedbugs came out, yes bedbugs. We found bedbugs crawling on my wife and at this point is when I became like Popeye "Enough is Enough and I Can Stand No More" we called the main desk and they quickly moved us to another room. This room furniture was dated and stained too but it was a very nice room and while we did not see any bedbugs my wife and daughter have the bites to prove.

In case you're wondering if we were trying to get out of paying the answer is no we paid for all services but would not revisit this hotel again. Normally we stay at the Riu Palace or Santa Fe and love it. This one bad experience won't stop us from coming to Cabo to Wabo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
11 Thank D S
Davidsville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Wyndham was a nice hotel, staffed by exceptionally nice people. Our maid was very sweet and kept our room spotless. Our stay was rather quiet until our last night when it seemed as if bus loads of students from Tijuana descended and didn't seemed too concerned about their noise level or the amount of trash they left strewn about. Really didn't appreciate the effort to recruit us into the Wyndham timeshare program, but timeshare recruiting seems to be rampant in all of Cabo. "Just 90 minutes" got old very quickly. The location is very picturesque----right on the marina, so we got to watch the fishermen go out early each morning; the sea lions and pelicans were a source of constant entertainment.Restaurants, shops and excursions were all within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

1 Thank Dewitt K
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was the second time I have stayed at the Wyndham Cabo San Lucas resort, once just prior to Easter during spring break, and a second time a couple weeks later, when crowds were much lighter. Both stays I experienced two different rooms, though each looked out onto the beautiful Marina. The larger suite room had a nice king bed / and a sofa bed-sitting area, and large bathroom. This was perfect for me and my friends, the second and smaller room I stayed in was good for one person, or a couple and perfect for a place to rest, but would seek a larger room if staying for an extended period of time. The hotel itself has many amenities, but the nicest is by far the pool area. A rooftop pool looking out to the Marina and further on to the Pacific Ocean. The glistening pool has a swim up bar, two jacuzzies, and plenty of lounge chairs, sofa seating, and VIP areas if you choose to have some further privacy. The staff at the pool are great, the guys are attentive but not overbearing and are quick to bring you your drink orders. They do not allow outside beverages or food though, so please keep that in mind. I did not partake in the restaurant or brunch area near the pool during my stay so I cannnot speak to the food. As this hotel is literally located in the center of town, there are many options available for eating, shopping, clubs, bars, and even a casino nearby. In addition, you are right on the Marina, so it is only a quick walk to all of the shops along the marina boardwalk, or to grab a water taxi to the local nearby beaches. At dusk I must also recommed the "booze cruise" on the Pez Gato, a nice relaxing all you can drink tour taking you around the iconic Archo de Cabos and sights of the shoreline and beaches. The Wyndham also has a gym, on the smaller side but does the job of working off the cervezas, and a Spa, though I did not use that particular service. Being there over spring break, yes the pool area was crowded, and the music was going for most of the day, but for me it was a festive fun atmosphere, maybe not everyones idea of relaxation, but for me it was perfect. Checking in, to the other reviewers point, you do gets some questions asked about time shares and activites, but once I politely conveyed I was not interested at that time, I did not get anyone else asking me for the remainder of my trip.
I have to give special recognition to Leonel G. "Leo" the front desk manager. He was spot on professional and friendly, and very helpful on local spots to go, and always had a smile on his face.
Really if anything was a negative, I would have to agree with the other reviews on here regarding the internet. They do charge a daily rate of $3, but the connection is spotty at best and could use an upgrade. I could understand and make due if this was free, but if your having to pay for it, it should be addressed. And the other item I would say is the security issue of having guests visit at the hotel. I completely understand and appreciate the extra security, but there must be a better way to have the hotel guests vouch or approve of a visitor and sign them in, for example, rather than having to pre register a guest. I think there must be some other options that different resorts in the area are using that are less intrusive. I have seen the many responses from the hotel on this so no need to reply back with the same comment, just something to look at for continuous guest relations improvement.
Overall a great stay at a clean, staff friendly and perfectly situated hotel. I will definitely go back soon and stay here.

Room Tip: Most rooms face the Marina, there are a few that look out to the "city" but for your value...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christopher M
Sun City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The love of my life and I were in Cabo San Lucas and checked into the Wyndham without a reservation and were lucky enough to get a room because it was off season. The lady at the desk assumed we were with "the tour" and put blue bracelets on us which we were told was for the "free breakfasr". Turns out that they sell a kind of time share vacation there and if you go on the sales pitch you get a great deal on the room. Okay with me. Anyway we were disappointed the lights in the room did not work until we called the desk and found out there is a card slot by the entry door to put the room key in that activates the electricity. Most of all I loved the location right in the middle of the tourist area and great view of the harbor. The staff were so helpful and polite they made the stay even better. The room was clean and they changed the sheets every day which I like.

Room Tip: The buffet breakfast by the pool is much better than the served breakfast downstairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple