“If you want the best Captains, Pangas and experience catching record setting Fish, you must book with Baja Big Fish Co.”

The Baja Big Fish Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Fly fishing, offshore and inshore for Dorado, Marlin, Sailfish, Yellowtail, roostefish, etc. Conventional light tackle fishing. Blue Whale Watching Excursions. Expert local guides. Professional and courteous service since 1996.
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Pamela Bolles and her Husband, Francisco knows the Sea of Cortez waters better than any other fishing company. Believe me I have been flying down every spring for Yellowtail and also some summers for their fantastic Dorado season. Pamela and her captains are 100% reliable and will get you on the fish every day. I learned my lessons the hard way by waiting on the beach or marina for my Panga and guide, when nobody shows up... Book with pamela at Baja Big Fish and you will have a fantastic time and come back every year to fish Loreto, BCS.
Salute
Jim Cook

3  Thank Jim C

Reviewed September 7, 2011

My brother in law set up a fishing trip with Baja Big Fish Company in Aug. They have been exchanging emails since June. Upon our arrival in Loreto we looked, but could not find the supposevly biggest charter company out there,,We asked and asked, finally we went back to our hotel and my brother in law email the person back that we were trying to find the Baja fish company, but could not find it,, They emailed back that they had CLOSED for the summer since business was slow!! We were furious!! Ended up finding another captain, who that morning gave us to another captain, Tito, who laid an egg with four of us! Two days of fishing for $700 = two dorado, one yellow tail and two small rooster,, Never again!!!

17  Thank suckerfish
flyfishinpam, Owner at The Baja Big Fish Company, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

I apologize for your bad fishing experience but it was not the fault of my operation and I would like to clarify some information:

Since the spring of 2009 The Baja Big Fish Company has opened an office in town only during the high summer season. This has been due to low tourism in Loreto and my attempt to lower our overhead. We open our physical location from mid June to early August, our peak fishing season. Outside of the peak summer weeks we do not keep our physical location in town open but we still do charters on call. We have operated this way for a few years now and we were doing charters in August 2011.

I as the person who handles all the e-mail and reservations communications, provide specific instructions in said e-mails to clients that instruct them to call us at our local phone number and check in with us on your arrival.

We collect no upfront payment nor do we ask for any outside of our high season. Payment is taken by us only after service is rendered. I would like to clarify that this person paid us nothing, so they technically have no claim at all to comment about our service because they never used our service. This reviewer's comment that states that I told this person "we were closed" is misleading and untruthful.

If this is not a fake review, then what probably happened was that this person forgot to bring my specific instructions with them, couldn't find us, then hired another boat and now want to blame their bad experience on us.

We are a small family business and we have been coordinating trips for serious fishermen for fifteen years. We provide an excellent service and we will not be intimidated by fake reviews or flamers or the of power that this website thinks it has over people in the travel industry.

As an owner I propose that Trip Advisor use facebook profiles to discourage anonymous reviews.

We respectfully follow all of the rules laid out by Trip Advisor, including not requesting our clients to write reviews for us. We have given our clients excellent service at a fair price since 1996.

Pamela Pelger Bolles
Owner
The Baja Big Fish Company
Loreto, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Reviewed October 5, 2007

We went out with Captain Gabriel of the Baja Big Fish Co. and had a quality fishing day. Owner Pam Bolles set us up with an experienced Dorado guide, and he found the best spot that late August 2007 day. We landed 6 Dorados and my 30 year old son's first Sailfish, which jumped incessantly. We kept just enough Dorados to eat and released the rest, along with the 100 lb. Sailfish. This trip was the highlight of our year. Pam will try to make sure you have as great a fishing adventure as she herself often experiences, as she is a qualified Fisherwoman herself. I would NOT try to find the cheapest boat or captain, but would go with Baja Big Fish if i wanted the best adventure. We had the best success of all those we checked with who fished out of Loreto Bay that day. Thank You Pam; and be SURE to release all bill fish and the Dorados you will not immediately eat. Thanks.

8  Thank Walt_7