“Love this place!”
Review of Iguana Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loreto
Iguana Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Loreto B&B and Inns
Burbank, California
“Love this place!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed at the Iguana Inn when we arrived in Loreto. Julie was awesome and our bungalow was perfect! We stayed one night then went to San Ignacio and returned a few days later to stay for three more nights. The town of Loreto has lots to offer and the people are all very friendly. We did lots of walking around and exploring the town. Julie was full of suggestions for great places to eat and things to do. When we came back to the Inn on evening she asked if we were interested in whale watching in the Sea of Cortez. We jumped on her suggestion and had the most amazing day. We saw Blue whales, Humpback whales, lots and lots of dolphins, a hammerhead shark, sea lions out on Coronado Island and even blue footed boobies resting on the island. It was amazing. I couldn't believe was how great Julie was to set up the whole thing for us. All we had to do was show up at the marina and we were in Duvis Davis capable hands! Iguana Inn has a great location. Walking distance to the marina and the central square. Thanks Julie. Iguana Inn is the BEST and only place to stay in Loreto!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen J

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Guaymas, Mexico
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I can't understand why this isn't higher on the list as it is so perfect. Only 4 bungalows with 3 situated around a lovely courtyard and a fountain that attracts all sorts of beautiful birds. Our room (Bungalow 1) was lovely. Very large and included a kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee, coffee maker, dishes and utensils. Bathroom was huge as was the shower and water was always hot with excellent pressure. Price was excellent - less than $60 per night with all taxes included. I really liked that there was plenty of room to hang things up and truly unpack. We were there for 4 days and it was great to not have to dig through my suitcase. Julie was extremely helpful - always around to answer questions. She helped us arrange a whale tour in Puerto Lopez Mateo to see the greys after my reserved tour wasn't working out satisfactorily - ended up being $55.00 cheaper for each of us and was everything we could ask for. She also arranged a wonderful tour of the Blue whales, a bird watching tour and a taxi ride to Ciudad Constitucion after Aereo Calafia cancelled our flight from Loreto to Guaymas. A perfect hostess. Iguana Inn is located for easy walking to everything which was great since we didn't have a car. The only downsides were that WiFi didn't carry into our room and the bed was a little hard for me but my partner was fine with it. WiFi worked well in the courtyard right outside our room (and we had our own table and chairs) but getting it to work inside the bungalows would make this the most perfect of perfect places.

Room Tip: Bungalow 1 has no other units on either side and excellent air circulation. It's very large and...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at the Iguana for 10 days. The Iguana provides a VERY clean, safe and secure environment. My takeaway experience was an overall feel of tranquility while still being "in the center of it all". Only a short (2-5 min) walking distance from most downtown actives. The proprietors offer many "extras" such as microwave/cookware/coffee maker as well as bicycles to the guests. In my opinion, it was the details as well as the friendly nature of the staff and owner that made my experience top notch! Thanks, and I will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Oakland, California
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was a great place to stay in Loreto. Perfect location to get to everything. Julie was a great resource for connecting to local guides and services. She also teaches Spanish classes. The rooms were nice and clean. The interior courtyards pleasant and convivial - very easy to meet other guests. All in all a great place to stay and I'll stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We happened to stumble in to the Iguana Inn and Wow how lucky !!
My wife got very sick on board a sailing vessel on our way north so we ended up at Hospital in Loreto where the doctor recommended that we park up in AC for 3-4 days. Happened to meet Julie at a local bar, she said that they were closed due to a big garden cleanup but I better get my Wife they ASAP and they would let us a room, the story continues .. so when Julie found out we were heading to mainland she recommended we call a friend in Puebla (Jesus) who then acted like our personal guide when we arrived there.
Amazing People Amazing Place don't bother booking anywhere else

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LindsayThorpe
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here a couple nights in Feb. 2013 and had a lovely time. The purpose of my brief trip to Baja was to go whale watching in San Ignancio, and originally only came to Loreto because that is where the airport is. But I ended up having a great time and wish I had had more time. I was traveling alone and stayed in one of the smaller rooms, which was large, clean, comfortable, and had some "American" perks like a mini-fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. I ended up getting some cerial and yogurt at a supermarket and spending each morning in their lovely patio eating my breakfast at the table watching hummingbirds bath in the fountain, which was fantastic! Seriously this hotel should be on all the birding circuits for seeing the hummers in the fountain--they are fantastic! Plus the hosts were very friendly and helpful including helping find me another to share a cab ride to the airport and bought some of my Mexican cash from me when I left. I would totally come back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CeliaPG
University Place, WA
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was my second visit to the Iguanna Inn and I am enjoying getting to know Julie and Mike the owners and hosts. One couple staying there with their young son have been returning for more than 13 years! We borrowed two of their sturdy and roadworthy bikes to tour Loreto. This is the perfect way to see the attractions up close and personal. I look forward to returning to the Iguanna Inn again and again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo