“Iguana Inn, Loreto, Baja Mexico”
Review of Iguana Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loreto
Iguana Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Loreto B&B and Inns
Mckinleyville
“Iguana Inn, Loreto, Baja Mexico”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at the Iguana Inn several of our nighst in Loreto. The couple who runs the place are very helpful about activities around town and within the Sea of Cortez. They will help with taxis and bus information. There are 4 rooms all remodeled relatively recently. Very clean and comfortable. Some of the rooms have kitchen sinks and all rooms provide a few dishes and coffee maker with a fridge. Great place to meet fellow travelers and possibly hook up for adventures together.

Room Tip: All rooms face the courtyard and all rooms have a private porch. 3 rooms around main courtyard and o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stevenson, Washington
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We just returned from loreto and spent the last 3 nights at iguana inn. It's close to the malacon, close to centro, and super clean. With only 4 units, it has a quaint, cozy feel to it and the rooms are tucked off the road so it's pretty quiet. Rooms have micro, frig and coffee makers with coffee too! Julie and Mike are great hosts and did everything they could to make our stay very comfy. They have bikes to use to cruise around town which is a great way to see Loreto. I highly recommend this gem and will definitely be back for our next visit. Thank you for the Spanish lesson DVD Julie. We're on our way to improving our Spanish. Heather and Kim (hugs to Zoe)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather S
Castelfiorentino, Italy
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Got to Loreto after riding the bus from Cabo San Lucas (Transportes Aguila) for about 8 hours. One 15 min stop in La Paz (the sea was so calm there, not even a single wave could be seen...) and several shorter stops at Mulegé, Santa Rosalìa, San Ignacio and various others. It was a full moon night, so the desert seemed lit by a giant torch... Really wonderful... Three annoying and unexpected stops for drug searches carried on by armed soldiers seemed a bit excessive, but apparently needed... When I arrived to Loreto, a cab at the bus terminal took me to the Iguana Inn, where Julie and Mike were waiting for me and helped me settle in my large bungalow... They were so kind that even loaned me the cash to pay for the cab, since I had no
pesos left... The short walk to the bank the next morning allowed me to return the loan right away... Another short walk in the opposite direction and there it was: the magnificent Sea of Cortez, just as I had imagined it! A light breeze made the weather very nice and soon I was entertained by brown and white pelicans quickly diving into the blue waters for some obviously delicious fish... Many of them along the Marina, where every morning tour boats depart for trips around the local islands, lasting anywhere from 5 to 7 hours depending on the island's distance from the coast. The two day stay at the Iguana Inn was really nice: the room was equipped with refrigerator, microwave, glasses and dishes, which I didn't use, but that can come in handy for a longer stay... My bungalow had a sitting area in the porch and even a lovely water fountain, a true miracle in the middle of the desert... The second day I was offered a pink bike and was able to ride all over town, familiarizing myself with the area in a unique way... Also walking distance from the Iguana Inn is the famous Loreto Mission, with an interesting colorful altar piece, containing the actual Loreto Madonna with Child taken there from Italy at the time the Mission was founded several centuries ago. The church is narrow and relatively small, but it's in very good condition. Interesting the representation of a Madonna and child next to St. Joseph actually in the act of working as a carpenter. I enjoyed staying at the iguana Inn and talking to Mike and Julie, who were generous with their time and assistance in my indecision on how to get to the border: bus or plane. I finally opted for the bus, which was not tiring and even allowed me to sleep several hours, getting to the border feeling rested. Ohhh! How much I appreciated the hot oatmeal I could grab at the border's MacDonald for breakfast... Got on another bus and finally I got to LA, my temporary destination before catching a flight for Europe.

Room Tip: Bungalow n. 3 is in excellent position on the patio.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank monicabarbaragazzo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I had the privilege of staying with Julie and Mike two times this year - And I know I will be back in the future! I only had time to stay three nights (one at the beginning of my trip, and two at the end), but they were the best three nights I have spent in Loreto. I have previously stayed with other establishments...Only because I had never discovered the Iguana Inn before! While there was nothing wrong with the other places, the Iguana Inn felt more like home.

The rooms are clean, affordable, and wonderfully located off of a private little courtyard. I found myself wishing my friends were traveling with me, so we could hang out in the courtyard in the evening! Definitely will do that next time!

Mike and Julie are awesome! They go out of their way to make sure you have an amazing time in Loreto. They even found me someone to share a taxi with when it was time for me to head to the airport. Since I have been to Loreto many other times, I already knew my way around...Though, had I needed it, I just know Mike and Julie would have had many wonderful suggestions for things to see and do during my stay.

The Inn is located a couple of blocks from the plaza - Just far enough away to avoid the noise. Close enough to walk to the plaza, the Malecon (stop at the beach just to the left of the marina - the perfect place for a picnic!), and everywhere else in Loreto.

Staying at the Iguana Inn was one of the best parts of my trip! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a smaller, comfortable, quiet place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank rufflife731
cupertino california
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I loved the five days I spent here. Owners Julie and Mike make you feel at home. It was quiet and comfortable-great shower. The town is friendly, safe and very walkable. The mexican coffee provided in the rooms was dark and rich and I loved sitting outside sipping my morning coffee and writing. It was a great place to unwind and relax. Lots of good restaurants nearby and a everyone I met in Loreto was friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Oregon
Reviewed March 17, 2012

If you are going to Loreto we highly reccomend you stay with Julie and Mike , oh also Zoe. We spent 11 nights there in two different units both were great. They arranged for Oscar (a cab driver) to take us on two wonderful trips. The Inn is located near the plaza , near Orlando's and El Taco Del Rey what more can you want. I have been having back problems and I could walk to the plaza and the malecon and enjoy the city.

Room Tip: #4 is the best, a little more secluded and a better kitchen area.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Seeley Lake, Montana
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Owners are welcoming and helpful. We couldn't have asked for a more friendly, responsible and supportive place. The owners went the extra mile to help out. I'd recommend to anyone wanting a smaller, personal experience with local advice. The message and exfoliation are wonderful.One of the biggest benefits of Loreto.

Room Tip: room 1 is breezy, room 4 is large, well-appointed
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple