“What a treat!”

El Rey Del Taco
Ranked #12 of 87 Restaurants in Loreto
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 5, 2014

It took us a few days to figure out El Rey Del Taco's hours, and we ended up having breakfast here before heading out of town. There were three taco options to choose from. I hoped to try two, but I found one to be a very complete meal, but I really enjoyed the cabeza. My husband had fish and cabeza. The fillings were prepared perfectly and the tortillas were very light and tasty. There are many additions to add - salsas, cabbage, guac, VERY hot sauce. If you care about good food, don't miss this amazing taqueria in Loreto.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Located on a side street in a residential area of Loreto. We were glad we found it open on a Sat. It was very busy,mostly with locals. The owner asked us to sit down and it would be five minutes before he could take our order. I ordered two tacos,the owner talked me out of it. He said they are large,grande. So I ordered just one and I'm glad I did. The taco,meat was a meal. Served on a large flour tortilla with a pile of meat on top. They have bowls of condiments to help yourself for toppings, salsa,guacamole,cabbage etc. That day they only had two choices,meat or fried fish. We only tried the meat but the fried fish tacos looked good. Not open everyday and they open in the morning and close when they run out of meat. The day we were there it closed by 2;00 so make sure you go early,not a dinner spot.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Never had a better fish taco in our lives than here. The only downside is that they're not open every day - otherwise, we'd be there daily!!

If you come to Loreto, you must not miss this place. It's seriously awesome. El Rey rocks!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

A must stop for the best fish taco. Great beef tacos too. Everything made to order. They don't have regular business hours but if you catch them open I never miss the opportunity.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We lucked out and found El Rey open one day out of the four we visited. We don't speak Spanish so I'm not sure why it was open some days and not others. Speaking English did not prohibit us from enjoying an awesome taco.

My boyfriend had the fish taco and I had the mix of beef and cabeza. It was amazing. The meat had been slow cooked and they put on a flat top grill. Roasted jalapeno and carmelized onions made it even better. There is a salsa bar too so you can top off the taco however you like.

I can't wait to get back to Loreto and try more tacos at El Rey Del Taco!