Open today: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Don't miss!

Time of our lives! Swam with the dolphins and snorkeled in the most beautiful waters. Absolutely... read more

Reviewed January 31, 2020
suzannek323
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
loreto to la paz

just completed a great 10 day (9 night) kayaking trip down the coast of baja california south of... read more

Reviewed November 14, 2019
F83ZUkeithg
San Ramon, California
via mobile

All reviews kayaking trip fresh fish la paz baja california packing list weather was perfect sea trek blue whale adrian antonio equipment cortez dolphins
Selected filters
Reviewed January 24, 2016

Paddling in stunning scenery, with Jorge, an excellent well informed guide.
Meals, varied and dellicious with fresh fish on several occasions.
This is our third trip in this area with Paddling South.

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed November 19, 2015

Paddling South is one of about three specialty kayak based tour companies in Loreto, and have just merged with Steve Hayward’s Sea Trek. They can in combination also offer biking tours, mule rides, hikes. This is my only experience with such a guided kayak tour.

I had a good time, and I anguish a bit over a mere "above average" overall rating, because the people are genuine, caring, interested in making you comfortable, showing you a good time, and above all work very hard. Their price is below the competition. I mostly agree with all the nice things others have written here in Trip Advisor, so I'll not retread those any further.

So what’s seriously not to like?

Make sure you understand what you are buying is an unsupported tour, that is, one that will not have a motor boat to assist you if you become pinned down on an isolated beach due to wave conditions – that is, winds above 12 mph or so. Any higher, and you may become stranded on a beach for a day or several days, or be forced into fleeing to the mainland ahead of time due to a forecast of such winds.

Our tour had LOTS of wind days, and did some of each. Guides bent over backwards accommodating us, as did the company, truly, over and above what their "policy" said they were obligated to do. But...

When the winds blow, having motorboat support becomes more about flexibility and maximizing your precious time than just hauling your gear or bringing an ice chest full of cold drinks.

For my money, I’d never go with an “motorboat unassisted” tour again, but this company did its very best under the circumstances.

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank bfrazier
Reviewed November 8, 2015

Thumbs up for the company which helped me reach the start of the trip on time, after my plane was cancelled. The trip was fantastic, the guides extremely knowledgeable, resourceful skilled courteous and fun. The food was delicious. I hope to do more trips with this Paddling South and highly recommend it

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed June 3, 2015

Great day trips riding mules ad visiting local ranches. We even learned how to make goat cheese. Good ride for beginners and Jorge gave lots of interest to my information.

Date of experience: May 2015
2  Thank vickie304
Reviewed May 20, 2015

It truly was a lifetime Top Ten adventure. All aspects went so well, the wonderful terrain, equipment, communication and travel support, but most importantly were the outstanding guides! And the fresh food and meal preparation was amazing! Jorge and Charo are such a wonderful team! We learned so much from them and they are such wonderful human beings. During the trip they made us feel completely comfortable and we knew they would lead our group (all over 60 yr) with such competence that we could truly relax. We felt they were our friends by the end of the trip.

Date of experience: April 2015