“Unforgettable Magical Moment”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Loreto
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Unforgettable Magical Moment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was there with my wife and three very demanding kids last July, and the time we had was just amazing. Initially we went there for 1 day but after having a wonderful experience we decided to spend 3 more days on our way back from Cabo San Lucas.

The words to describe our experience at Inn at Lorretto Bay were relaxing, peaceful and a magical place to vacation. Loved fishing, kayaking, snorkeling and walks on the beach at sunrise and sunset.

It is very remarkable how the place is encircled by mountains, and a few meters from the beach. The hotel has an excellent customer service and definitely we will go back.

Everyone is so nice and charming that we felt so comfortable along all our staying.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Ahmed F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was there on business so this definitely impacts my review. If I was going to go to Loreto on vacation, I would probably stay at this hotel again because it is in a calm, beautiful part of the region and has a great laid back vibe. My expectations would be tempered however - for example, I had to call the front desk and/or operator several times just to get someone to pick up the phone. The rooms were also basic but clean, but the toilet was very slow to flush and the internet access was weak. Food at the restaurant was average. Staff in all departments was definitely friendly and happy to help. In a nutshell, this is a basic hotel in a cool community (Loreto Bay) that was impacted by the economic downturn. If I come back on business again, I'll probably stay at La Mision because it is nicer/newer and close to some of Loreto's best restaurants (no beach fyi).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Adam M
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I was just there a few weeks ago and a new owner and management have clearly entered the picture. They're restoring this former Camino Real property to its rightful status.
I wish I could have stayed longer. And, I'm working hard to figure out how to get back there as fast as possible. The rooms were clean. The restaurant was great - the pool delightful - the beach gorgeous. And the staff was charming and very helpful. Plus - it has a spectacular golf course right on the Sea of Cortez. It's like a jewel awaiting discovery. Unbelievably beautiful. And so peaceful, laid back and safe. I'm telling everyone I know about it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank rwk2u2000
Culiacan, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

I visited Loreto for the first time and stayed at this hotel for a weekend with some friends. It really is a beautiful place, the hotel, the views, it's very quiet and a great place to have a peaceful vacation. I loved the sea on one side of the hotel and mountains on the other. The hotel staff were very friendly and gave us very good service. I hope I can bring my family to visit sometime.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank NoraTo
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

We found the hotel to be a great deal for the price. The Hotel is very nice with an excellent location if you are traveling with family. You have the Sea of Cortez within walking distance from every room. All rooms have a view of the ocean. The rooms are very nice and clean with a large rustic marble bathroom. I like the 40" flatscreen TVs in our room. The food at the restaurant was very good for breakfast and lunch, the bar by the pool will serve you any drink you want. The staff is first rate, with a great desire to please their guest. We loved the town of Loreto. If you're a golfer this golf course if top tier with some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. We drove from San Diego Ca. to Loreto in 13 hours. 90% of the road is in very good shape, except for a portion from San Quintin to Catavina. We got a rate of $100 per night that is a super rate for a resot of this caliver. If you want to have a great vacation with your family for under $1000 forget all the over exagerrated negative press you read about Mexico, and fly or drive your family to beautiful Loreto and stay at the Inn. You will love it. The only negative was the pool need to be better maintained for a resort of this caliber. I was told by the manager they are getting ready to build several new swiming pools on the property.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

Now that they have a new owner, the hotel is back to becoming a DESTINATION of beauty and leisure! I took a Zumba class on the beach and found fresh clams on a beach walk! Thank God we have a place to go to that is close and safe!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank loveaspenLosAngeles
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

My wife and I just returned yesterday from Loreto. We were delighted to find that despite recent reviews to the opposite, the Inn is open. The whole facility is refurbished, bright and uplifting. The air conditioned beautiful rooms are cosy with great views across the Sea of CORTEZ to the offshore islands. The pools have recently been refurbished and the gardens are well tended. Room rates are less than half of the prices at other comparable hotels in town. Food and drinks are served throughout the day and evenings at the restaurants - excellent quality. There were few guests at the Inn because word has not got out yet about the reopening. Owners of properties in the local developments come over to use the restaurants and facilities, we met several and enjoyed socializing with them.
This place will soon be back to full capacity and we plan to travel down ( from N. California ) as often as we are able.
Jim & Dorothy W.