“Great hostel, great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coyote Village B&B

Coyote Village B&B
Ranked #4 of 12 Specialty Lodging in Loreto
Denver, Colorado
“Great hostel, great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Mike and Gus are super friendly, really down to earth guys that do an amazing job of going above and beyond. Not only is it less expensive than the other available locations in town but they also provide you with a full breakfast, stock your fridge with beer, soda, and freshly made juices, and provide you with a bike and lock so you can ride around town. The rooms all have full kitchens with a fridge, stove, oven, and the all dishes/pots and pans you would need to make meals if you don't want to eat out all the time. Unlike most hostels, they also give you a private room that you won't have to share with random people and worry about losing your belongings when you leave the hostel for the day.

I highly recommend this place!! You won't regret it.

Room Tip: The Tree House is very nice and looks out over the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I arrived late one evening without a reservation and was immediately welcomed in by Gus and Mike. They were friendly and made sure I was comfortable staying at Coyote Village over the next two days -- they did my laundry, provided delicious breakfasts, and were entertaining company. I had a great time using their sauna and pool and going on an adventurous tour of Loreto following their recommendations. I'm already looking forward to returning to Coyote Village!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've stayed in hostels all over Europe, SE Asia and the US so I was shocked that this little place in Loreto was the nicest one I've been too! I was arriving in Loreto for a NOLS trip where everyone else stayed at a more expensive hotel (100$US per night and they didn't even have hot water at the other place) but I wanted to save some money so I chose coyote village. I am SO glad I did! Not only did I have hot water, but my shower had four shower heads.. The balcony of my bungalow was like a tree house and I had a full kitchenette and the fridge already had beer stocked in it for no extra charge. Mike and Gus who own the place are excellent human beings. I would love Togo back to Loreto someday and if I do I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed October 2013
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Mike and Gus can adapt to every type of traveler no matter their needs. I travel by bike, when I arrived I was received with fresh juices. The room and kitchen are clean and well placed. They did my laundry, I could relax my muscles between the sauna and swimming pool. And what a breakfast, Gus is a first class cook. They are generous, friendly and warm. You feel like a king.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Mapusa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Travelling by car through Mexico I passed through Loreto, staying two enjoyable nights there with Mike and Gus.
Great conversation, excellent food, beautifully clean and well designed the Coyote Village is a great sanctuary for recuperation. The happy hour started when I arrived and continued until I left...
They are a mine of information, helpful beyond the call of duty and very interesting to pass hours in conversation with.
I hope to get back there sometime in the future....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I walked from the bus stop to the front gate of the Coyote Village Hostel on a hot day in August with a 40 pound pack on my back. I hadn't made a reservation and was hoping someone would come to the the gate as I stood there ringing the bell. Then, Gus appeared dripping wet from the pool he had just climbed out of to answer the bell. He told me they had rooms vacant and invited me in and before any check-in process or money exchange he told me to jump in the pool which I couldn't do fast enough. One of the best feelings and best moments I'd had on my trip through Baja up till then. That was my first taste of how laid back and fun this place is. Before I'd arrived in Loreto I'd been staying in really cheap, really sketchy places. So by the time I'd gotten to Coyote Village I was blown away by how gorgeous it was and decided that the one night I planned to stay there, wasn't going to be enough. During my 5 day stay, Mike and Gus (the two guys that run it) treated me like a VIP. The service was excellent. The value was excellent. They give you an awesome room that comes with a full size kitchen, AC, comfortable beds, and they stock the fridge with beer and sodas for FREE! I'm telling you, if I'd not come upon this place my Baja trip would not be what it was. If you're in Baja, go to Loreto because it's a beautiful place. And if you're in Loreto, don't stay anywhere else that's not the Coyote Village. You'll love it. Thanks again Mike and Gus for treating me so good. Hope to see you again someday.

Room Tip: Ask for the tree house room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Breckenridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Mike and gus will treat you like family and will help you out with whatever you might need. The pool is awsome and the breckfest is great. Also have a great happy hour with real drinks ,even though it's always happy there.I've stayed many times and planning more.If you haven't been to the area before. It's a must. Friendly people good resteraunts,and one of the most versatile areas for activities. The coyote village is a great place to use as a home base.J.B.
Ss f2f