“Hauntingly good.”

Ranked #5 of 12 Specialty Lodging in Loreto
León
“Hauntingly good.”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Loreto is a slow motion kind of town... like some friendly, sun-drunk sleepwalker or something. Even pelicans and other birds seem to glide in a lazy, absent minded way. Me being a city dweller, I was downright shocked at how terse and dream-like it was being there, at the town square, at 4 pm, watching my shadow stretch over the cobblestones, with no one around, no one at all, just the sound of the ocean yawning a couple of blocks away and some trees dancing eerily to the tune of the wind. Well it was interesting to be sure, but I probably would be moving along the next morning; excessive stillness unsettles me, I guess. But then I went to Coyote Village. Man! That place got SOUL. Look, the actual bungalows are very nice and all that, a 5 star deal with pool and sauna, jacuzzi, all the works and creature comforts you may or may not need. But that's not really important. What's important is the people who run the place. Weird and wonderful, the finest pair of charming oddballs I've met in all Baja. Great storytellers too. Yeah, they had me in stitches there... so much so that I actually stayed there the whole week. I blew almost all my vacations there! No regrets though, mighty cool people. And a mighty cool little bar they got there too.

-E.Padilla, León, 28/12/2011

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
La Manzanilla, Mexico
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We'd heard about this place called Coyote Village B&B in Loreto, so my partner and I decided to check it out for a long weekend. Mike the owner greeted us on arrival, showed us our bungalow, which was completely furnished with everything we could possibly need, right down to a wine opener in the kitchen & a safe to secure our valuables. He showed us where everything was--the bikes, sports equipment & exercise machines, pool, spa & saunas, library --and said he'd see us at the bar that evening for happy hour. Free drinks! Great fun! The next morning free breakfast of huevos rancheros & fresh juice was delivered right to our patio. We were totally blown away by the service, the cleanliness,the ambiance & the amenities. We´ll definitely return, & stay longer next time!

Room Tip: The tree house is a trip!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Fantastic Place, but mostly, Fantastic Hosts.

This is a five start hostel. Private rooms with excellent amenities. Showers, kitchen, A/C, pool, bike, bar, steam room,balconies... Everything sparkling clean. the rooms are decorated with beautiful custom mexican murals. The price includes a fantastic Breakfast.

But the highlight of this place are Gustavo and Mike. They are true travelers at heart. I felt at home right from the beginning. This is one of these rare places where you come as a host, and you leave as a friend. Them and their stories will stay with me forever.

This is more than a hostel, it is a Fantastic experience you can't miss if you visit Loreto.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Such a unique and beautiful stay. Mike and Gustavo have really thought of everything, from the numerous showerheads to the delicious breakfast, all of our laundry was done and folded for us! Cold drinks and snacks and did I mention happy hour! And the steam room to the pool combo. We felt relaxed, rejuvenated and right at home, but better - the place is new and spotless clean :) The free bikes were such a nice bonus to ride around town and see the sights. Such an amazing experience can't wait to come back next year.

• Stayed November 2011
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Coyote Village B&B is a totally private B&B/Hostel in a quiet residential area. Within walking distance of the bus terminal and just a bike ride away to the city centre and malecon. Rooms are decorated in a Mexican style, spacious, spotless and fully equipped with balconies, A.C., WIFI, etc... Wake up to a hearty breakfast and enjoy "Happy Hour" every evening from 4:00 to 5:00 by the pool with free drinks! But what made my stay so special were Mike & Gus(owners), the quintessential hosts, friendly and helpful and always concerned about their guests which made me feel at home. They even picked me up and dropped me off at the bus terminal and spent time with me choosing and making arrangements for an excursion. I TRULY RECOMMEND THIS WONDERFUL PLACE!"

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I liked the stay in this place very much. The Location is good (near to the busterminal and to a lot of Cafés and Restaurants) and the neighbourhood seems to be save and is quite.
The facilities are very good, in the Bungalow I stayed, you'll have several fans, an A/C, a full kitchen, TV,... There is also a pool and you can rent a bike to explore the town.
The Staff is very very nice and I felt like I'm at home!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
santa rosa, ca
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Listen up everybody! This place is a true GEM!

My husband and I didn’t have a lot of time or money for a vacation this year so we wanted a place that was reasonable and easy to get to (with lots of stuff to do).

We flew direct to Loreto, Baja from Los Angeles in June; it was only a one ½-hour flight and upon arrival, were greeted by the affable owners, Mike, an American & Gus, a Mexican of Coyote Village B&B... Mike & Gus were the most charming, fun and accommodating hosts you can imagine. In addition, the B&B was amazing. If you (like we are) tired of sitting in sterile hotels with no entertainment, this is the place for you. In fact, you would never have to leave the B&B and you would have a great time! And we have never seen such a clean resort.

But we did leave the B&B and we did it all….fishing, golfing, visited the caves, hiking and exploring the adorable & very safe, town of Loreto. We had a great time for all three days.

Did we mention that the food was amazing and we did not say no to the free drinks!

Say yes to Coyote Village B&B! The price is sure to go up once the word gets out. Mike & Gus, we WILL be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family