“Exceptional!”

Desert & Sea Expeditions
Ranked #16 of 25 Tours in Loreto
More attraction details
Owner description: Desert & Sea Expeditions is an environmentally aware tour operator and offers guided tours in and around Loreto, Baja California Sur. Tours include Blue Whale Watching between January and March, year-round tours to view cave paintings in Mulege and Canipole, and visits to the pristine islands of Carmen and Coronado in the Loreto Marine National Park. Desert & Sea also offers ground transportation around Loreto and throughout Baja California.
Reviewed February 22, 2015

We arranged a trip to Isla Coronado through the concierge at La Mision. Our tour guide was Efrain. He was knowledgable, enthusiastic especially about history, and went out of his way to ensure we had a good tour. We were so impressed we arranged a day trip with Desert and Sea and Efrain. We had kayaks and kayaked when we wanted. Saw lots of great wildlife. Swam at awesome beaches. We even went snorkeling. Efrain made the trip. Our only regret was not being able to do a land based tour focused on culture and history with Efrain. This review is long overdue. We were in Loreto in November 2013. A big thank you to Efrain for sharing his knowledge and excitement and providing awesome tours.

All reviews
"cortez"
in 3 reviews
"bay"

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had a great tour of Isla Coronado with Nicky. He was genuinely friendly and interesting, and an expert guide. He also expressed great care for the Marina Park Bahai de Loreto and removed all trash he could find. The boat was very comfortable and well cared for - we were very happy with our tour experience.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We took two tours with Necky of Desert & Sea Expeditions. We did Tabor Canyon Hiking and Coronado Island Kayaking. Necky was very knowledgable, friendly, and a great guide! He took us out of his way to do an extra hike the first day and then to go snorkeling the second day. He was very flexible and professional. I would highly recommend this company. Top Notch!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Desert and Sea expeditions picked us up at Loreto airport on time and drove us to our first 'hideaway' hotel in Baja. We were so pleased and relieved as part of the journey was on a dirt track - what luxury to have someone else navigating all the bumps and dips. Our driver, Efrain was brilliant - not only a good driver but full of interesting information. He returned to collect us a couple of days later and was our driver again on a couple more trips. His enthusiasm was wonderful and his knowledge of the local wildlife and geography was very impressive. We even met his beautiful daughters & wife during our stay in Loreto and were made to feel really welcome in that lovely little town. I would have no hesitation in recommending this company as excellent tour guides and drivers.

2  Thank TA2-Peggy
See more reviews
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went Kayaking on June 13,2013 with Efrain Mtz, working with Desert & Sea Expeditions. Efrain was excellent, had lots of information and enthusiasm about the sea, conservation, the animals and interesting background on particular things we were exploring.

I was walked over to the harbor from my hotel, La Mision Hotel, by a guide from the Desert & Sea Expedition. It was a short walk and we arrived to the Desert & Sea boat.

I was introduced to Efrain and we began our trip. He shared as we were moving toward Coronado Island. Efrain would stop for photo opportunities any time I wanted to stop. He talked about the particular things we were viewing. He explained about the volcanic Island of Coronado and how many of the birds make it their home. There are no predators on the Island, so it is a very safe place for the birds to live, as Efrain explained. I was especially interested in the Blue footed Boobie, since I had spent time on the Galapagos Islands. I found this very interesting.

We had an easy landing in a cove with a sandy beach after going around the Island. The kayaks were taken off the boat as I explored the rocks and sea life. I was very pleased he initiated the clean up and hearing his views on conservation of the environment.

We went snorkeling and enjoyed the underwater wildlife. Then made our way back to our original landing point. We enjoyed lunch and loaded up the kayaks to head back to Loreto.

On our way back Efrain spotted Bottle nose dolphins. We watched and enjoyed them for a good length of time. We had plenty of time for photos and watching their behaviors.

We headed back to Loreto, having had an adventure, fun and education with Efrain Mtz. He was a delight and was very sensitive to what I wanted to see, hear and experience. I would recommend him and am planning to come back with my family. I will ask only for Efrain as our guide.time

We got into the kayaks and I was offered a life jacket. Efrain refreshed my memory about holding the paddle and we were off to another sandy beach. It was a beautiful and invigorating trip along the shore line enjoying the young sea gulls on the rocks. We landed on another sandy beach and walked among the rocks, as Efrain explained about the area we were exploring, as we picked up trash, cans, debris in the rocks. I

3  Thank MargotSunland_CA