TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,571 results
All reviews wild loreto danzante restaurant golf course hiking trails beach bar danzante tours time share one bedroom suite paddle boarding timeshare presentation fish villa group activities staff snorkeling tour all inclusive plan all inclusive option nightly shows
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2018

The foods featured on the menu, such as Eggs Benedict, and Sea Bass, are cooked to perfection, and served, for the most part, in a timely fashion. The overseer, Luis Rodriguez, made sure that our drinks, as well as our food selections were served with total alacrity. His armada of waiters, including Abraham, Jafeeth, and Alex were unwavering in their desire to please us.
The rest of the hotel staff, headed up by Esther Arias are nothing short of stellar. Upon learning of my wife's impending birthday, Ms. Arias was kind enough to organize a surprise "Happy Birthday" celebration for my wife. She, and her staff performed wonderfully. Old style professionalism is their way of doing things.

Room tip: The mattresses are a bit lumpy. The buffets are okay. The "Entertainment" was sadly below amateur level.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2018

They are obviously still working out the kinks at this resort, especially with their packages. Overall we had a nice stay, but at this point I would say it's overrated, up-and-coming, etc. They're literally still building the roads, the golf course just fully opened, etc.

We booked a Cinco de Mayo special package that included, and I quote, "$500 in Resort Credits." I have posted a photo of this package description as well as what we received upon check-in, which were $500 worth of small coupons - discounts in other words that required you to spend money in order to save a a bit.

One of the coupons was for $150 off a room upgrade. Not only is that definitely not a "Resort Credit" but it was given to us after we finished checking in. Why not ask us right up front if we would like to use it?

They did nothing for us at the resort to resolve our displeasure of this issue other than to say someone from Marketing would reach out to us via email, which they did after we checked out and only to offer us $500 off an upgrade for a future stay - again a discount that would have required us to spend more money to get.

A couple of last notes for those considering this property - the golf course is amazing, although I played it a day or two after greens were aerated so they were basically unplayable. Food service for the golf course was poor, in part I'm guessing to it being low season - they didn't have their act together.

The beach is meh as far as going in the water, but they have Palapas to sit under and kayaks to go exploring.

Great hiking trails!

This is a timeshare property and there is an all inclusive option for hotel guests. I found a preponderance of intoxicated gringos around the pool areas.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank DanStone
Reviewed May 8, 2018

I can't say enough great things about Villa del Palmar Loreto! The facilities and grounds were pristine. It seemed like people were always cleaning and picking up and trimming bushes and taking care of the property and guests. Speaking of, the service was impeccable! Guiermo at the front desk was kind and was always helping us with a little thing here or there. Jorge at the pool waited on us everyday, and was fun and relatable. Benjamin (Benji) at the Italian restaurant quickly became our favorite. He was so accommodating, and helpful with our dietary restrictions and with the babies. :) And the breakfast staff at the Market Restaurant was there to greet us and take care of us every morning. Luis, Abraham, Manuel, and Marcel were wonderful! We had nine people in our party, and three of those were kids under three! They made us feel welcome and like it wasn't a big deal that we were going to make a mess everyday. :) They even started calling the table that we sat at "our table". The spa was absolutely gorgeous and so relaxing! Our massages were great, and the spa attendant was warm and helpful. My husband had a wonderful time golfing and said the course was immaculate. It was just and overall amazing trip! Thank you Villa del Palmar Loreto! We'll see you again!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2018

This is the 2nd time I have been to this resort. I am a timeshare owner, and am disappointed that I was put in a room with a less than desireable view. The staff is friendly, shout out to the awesome service from Manny around the pool.
The rooms are clean, but again, I would spend a little to improve the bedding and pillows.
One of the biggest disappointments is that in our studio there is no Wi-Fi and they said that no studio will accept a modem. I would suggest before you start expanding the resort you invest in whatever it takes to bring Wi-Fi to all your guests.
Other than these concerns, I love the location, the beach, the snorkeling and most of the friendly staff.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank mcleansd
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

This is our 6th time vacationing at the VDP in Loreto and it never disappoints! It's so beautiful and serene and the staff is great across the board. Specifically, a few people made us feel extra special during our trip - Manny and Roberto (our two favorite pool guys along with Jorge), Candaloria and then Luis Rodriguez and his entire staff at the Market Restaurant - Abraham, Manuel, Raphael and Jafet. And last but certainly not least, my brother from another mother - David from the beach bar. We just love him and he made us feel loved. Thanks to all at the VDP staff for taking such great care of us. We will see you again next year!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple