We stayed here for 2 weeks in the summer and enjoyed the incredible natural scenery and quiet. The service was first class, and the food was great. We especially enjoyed hiking the trails and watching the sun go down on the bay and on the east side of the ridge. We also did paddle boarding and snorkeling, and saw an octopus in the bay, more than what we saw on our dive on the outside of the islands. We enjoyed swimming, jogging around the bay, working out in the weight room, the spa and traveling in to town to catch a meal in the local restaurants. The people in Loreto are friendly, life is slow and laid back, and no one stares at you and makes you feel unwelcome or unsafe. We like this place better than the hustle and bustle of Cabo. We will be coming back for two more weeks next summer.
The only bummer we found happened when we drove to Cabo from Loreto last year, and we met very unfriendly tourist-scamming police in Ciudad de Constitucion which is along the highway just south of the resort. This year we will just stay at Loreto, and avoid the apparently well-known shakedowns that go with invented traffic violations that foreigners have to pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're seeking a place that defines luxury, look no further than the Villa Group Resort's newest shining-star resort in this amazing Baja village. The hotel epitomizes luxury within a small town while also offering complete privacy and every modern touch. The perfect place for everyone from honeymooners to large families.The resort features 4,447 acres of unspoiled beauty. Boasting three restaurants and 20,000 square feet of turtle-shaped pools, Villa Del Palmar is minutes away from Downtown Islands of Loreto, extraordinary beaches, and world class golf courses.Our restaurants are not limited to just extraordinary Mexican food; featuring restaurants that serve delicious steaks to fine Italian food that tempts every palate. You can even cook up dinner your own room in the private "gourmet chef's kitchen". Naturally, all the amenities that guests of the Villa Group Resorts have come to expect are here too. Send your wife to the spa to enjoy a signature Islands of Loreto-massage, or join your children on an outdoor sports-fishing adventure. Whatever you're in the mood for, it is here waiting for you. See, although Islands of Loreto was actually the first Spanish settlement on the Baja California Peninsula, it will be the last place you'll ever want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa At The Islands Of Loreto Hotel Loreto
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa At The Islands Of Loreto