Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto
Posada de las Flores Loreto(Loreto)(Great Value!)
$128
$124
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Posada del Cortes Hotel(Loreto)(Great Value!)
$85
$85
Hotel Tripui(Loreto)(Great Value!)
$54
Hotels.com
Hotel Santa Fe(Loreto)(Great Value!)
$125
Sukasa Bungalows(Loreto)(Great Value!)
$65
$147
1,289 results
All reviewswild loretohiking trailsgolf coursedanzante restauranttime sharepaddle boardingbeach barone bedroom suitefree shuttledanzante tourstimeshare presentationfishvilla groupactivities staffall inclusive plansnorkeling tourwet area
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My advice get there soon. The resort is the beginning of a long range development . The hotel is located on Danzante Bay 45 minutes from the town of Loreto and off the beaten track . The bay and the surrounding mountains are gorgeous. We were with family and had a two bedroom suite with a connecting studio. Every room had a bathroom plus another one in the living room plus a large fully equipped kitchen. The deck area had a fabulous view of the bay with lots of comfortable seating. The service was exceptional. Manuel at the pool greeted us everyday, moved umbrellas, brought us drinks and food . Very attentive. That's why I say get there soon because for now you get an ultra luxury vacation for 1/3 the price which I'm sure will change once it's developed

Room Tip: We were in the main building #2 on the 6th floor. The view was spectacular . You can see the bay mountains and the pools.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank KTJOH
Reviewed October 1, 2013

If you're like me, vacation means to relax, enjoy yourself, and to be pampered. Villa del Palmar Loreto met ALL my expectations...and then some. I was a bit skeptical of this property when I booked it. I was concerned about bringing my son to another country and a place outside of town, so he stayed home with grandparents and I went with my sister.

We chose to go all-inclusive, knowing we wouldn't be close to town and would be spending most of our time at the resort. This is the only way to go if you plan on enjoying adult beverages. If not, the cost of all-inclusive (about $85/day for each adult) is basically a wash if you eat at the restaurants, poolside or order room service. There is a market on site or you can catch fresh fish, crab, and clams at the beach, if you'd rather make your own food. Yes, there is a kitchen in every room.

We absolutely LOVED our room. It was a 1 bedroom that was incredible. We were on a corner with wrap around deck with a full table & chairs, patio chairs, and loungers. And the view...it was breathtaking. I loved sitting on the deck enjoying my coffee in the morning and watching the stars at night. When they say its a million star resort, it really is! The sky lights up at night and it is so beautiful. The room was very high quality, high-end appliances, great decor, and impeccable AC. The maid came every day and cleaned the room and every evening for turn down service. She'd decorate the room every night and leave a little dessert on the nightstand! I loved it! We took pictures of the towel animals. Very cute!

There are daily activities and I suggest you check the calendar of events daily. From morning yoga on the beach, to water aerobics, tequila tasting, underground kitchen tour, cooking lessons, paddle boarding, kayaking, hiking, bike riding, etc. Many of the activities are free (all that I listed were free), a couple cost about $15, like painting pottery, but you get to keep the pottery. There is a free shuttle to/from the city of Loreto. You should check it out while you're there, but its not a tourist town. Cute little town to visit. The staff will teach you how to do any of the activities. The beach is shallow out about 500 yards, only up to your waist. You can snorkle and see all kinds of fish and sea animals. Just make sure to shuffle your feet so that you don't accidentally step on a sting ray. Huge bonus--there is nobody there to bother you, no vendors, no one selling you anything. You can actually just relax on the beach with a drink in your hand. Pure bliss.

What really stood out to me is that the staff went above and beyond at every opportunity. Every person that walks by will smile and say hola. They anticipate your needs--and even better, they provide what you desire. These are not things I'd expect at a timeshare resort. I've never even received this type of service at any hotel. There was no lack of service at the pool, even when you're all-inclusive. Our waiter, Carlos was awesome! They even have a bar at the beach and the staff will go get food from the restaurant, if you want to stay at the beach. Brilliant! The staff work soo hard and they deserve your tips. Seriously. Some of the staff will do 7am yoga, activities all day, perform at the shows during dinner, then work at the dance club all night, all with a smile on their face. The shows are a work in progress, but it was great to have the entertainment when you're at a small-ish resort for a week. Lucio, the MC, definitely stood out as a real professional. He did a great job entertaining the crowds. Our waiter Manny, was fabulous! On fiesta night, he even chose some of his favorite dishes to share with us. The food was so good! I can't wait to go back.

Oh, the food! Delicous! Room service was incredible. The food was plated so beautifully. They did every single dish at every spot, they even decorated my food in the to go box! There is a pool menu, Casa Mia (mexican and italian food), the market, and Danzante. Danzante is an upscale restaurant with reservations only. With the all-inclusive package, its only $15 per person, no matter what you order. We had flaming loreto chowder, amazing appetizer, lobster, risotto, and a lava cake for dessert. It was a great dinner for our last night.

And don't forget the Sabila spa & gym. We spent a day at the spa and it was the best massage I've ever had. They definitely know how to make you feel pampered and special. Be sure to take advantage of the spa pools (its free anytime during your stay if you're all-inclusive).

We spent a lot of time at the pool. I was amazed at how friendly everyone was, the staff and all the other vacationers. There were a couple families, but no loud partying young drunk adults and no kids running wild. The pool is gorgeous, each one individually tiled. All together they are the shape of a turtle. Honestly, I really regretted not bringing my son once I got there. I felt very safe the entire trip, the place is completely family friendly, but at the same time its a perfect place for a honeymoon. I can't wait to go back!

We went in early July--no humidity and temps in the low 90's absolutely perfect. June isn't peak season in Mexico, so it's a great time to go. The resort isn't completely finished and I think that the next 2-5 years will be the best time to go, before it gets really busy. I'm sure as it expands and the word spreads, the service may not be as wonderful. When I went, they were only about 55% full, so we were well taken care of. Something to consider if you wait until they finish the next phase (another tower of rooms along the side of the pool areas). This place is definitely a diamond in the the desert. To think of it, I should probably quit raving so much. I like the place the way it is.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the ocean, in the whole resort, but if you want an unobstructed view, reserve in the main building.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kimmie S
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Jessdewetagain is 100% wrong about the beach at Villa del Palmar Loreto. There are beach chairs, umbrellas, towels and an attentive waiter providing food and drinks. My husband and I spent many happy hours on the beach and we both swam in the warm, pristine waters. It was a delight, compared to the frigid waters here on the central California coast. We love this resort and our vacation two weeks ago was our third stay at Villa del Palmar Loreto. The food at the Casa Mia and Market restaurants is really delicious and reasonably priced for a top tier resort. The Danzante restaurant is their fine dining, more expensive restaurant. Don't miss the breakfast buffet at the Market restaurant. It is fabulous with tons of fresh fruit and loads of delicious breakfast foods.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Teresa R
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this resort for 4 nights at a rock bottom price with the agreement that we attend a 90-minute "interval ownership" presentation one of the days we were there. We were put up in a studio unit on the 7th (top) floor overlooking the grounds and the Sea of Cortez. The view was amazing, almost surreal. Staff was pleasant and most spoke English. The grounds were beautifully maintained, there were many swimming pools and a hot tub, however there is no beach and you cannot swim in the Sea. There are 2 restaurants - Danzante being the high-end one. We chose not to eat in the restaurants because we were told by staff that an average cost for a meal at the low-end restaurant on the grounds ran about $57 per person for dinner (not including drinks). Instead we ate most of our meals in the village of Loreto, where you could get a fabulous more authentic Mexican meal of comparable quality for about a quarter of the price. One nice thing about the resort is that there is a fully supplied kitchen area. We arrived at night after all the restaurants were closed so were stuck with having to find food at only the mini-market on site which only carried overpriced dry snacks and convenience items. We settled on a small jar of Ragu and noodles which we cooked in our unit. The resort is great if you want a place where you can stay and enjoy all the on-site amenities without having to leave the property. It took 45 minutes through mountains, over potholes and washed out roads to get to Loreto. Once we were in Loreto, we stayed until nighttime instead of coming back to the hotel and later having to spend another 90 minutes to and from the town. The hotel has a free shuttle service for guests with no rental car. All you need to do is give about 24 hours notice to arrange for a ride. When we toured the property and attended the presentation, we were treated to a breakfast buffet at the Market restaurant. It was a very nice spread with lots of fresh fruits and both Mexican and American items from which to choose. The sales people were very kind and respectful and although we felt somewhat pressured, it was not the hard sell we were dreading. The resort also had events each evening, ie Karaoke, Salsa night, cooking classes,etc. It also made available some activities such as snorkeling and kayaking. If you're looking for an all-inclusive high-end resort where money is not an issue and you want to stay on the grounds for the most part, this hotel is perfect for you. However, if you want to spend most of your time in the small Mexican villages, such as Loreto, this resort is quite a distance from any town.

Room Tip: Top floors in main building a must.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Jessdewetagain
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Villa del Palmar at The Islands of Loretto is a fabulous vacation get-a-way. The resort is exceptional as all the Villa del Palmars are. The location is beautiful and unspoiled. The resort has purchased all the property in Danzante Bay and will continue to devlop it. This was the best beach property I've been to. There are no vendors coming up to you on the beach as other locations. You are able to relax and enjoy the beach. The bay is beautiful with calm waters and a view of the many islands of Loretto. The snorkeling was excellent. The service was very good with a very friendly staff. We had "Angel" for our breakfasts. He was the kindest most helpful man attending to all our needs. Ricardo the restaurant manager was a delight, too. Roberto, the main chef is from Venice, Italy. He actually dives daily in Danzante Bay for clams to serve in the three restaurants located at the resort. Loreto is a small town about 40 minutes away. You feel like you're back in authentic Mexico. Unfortunately, a cruise ship is stopping one a week. I hope it doesn't build up like Cabo. I highly recommend this vacation spot for a relaxing and unspoiled side of Mexico.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple