“DEFFENITION OF A REAL FAMILY VACATION”

Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Loreto
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Where should I start, as soon as you step foot on the resort you get pampered . Excellent wonderful people from the manager "Ler Medina" to the bell boy and valley "Edgar", I truly highly recommend the resort Villa del palmar! The pools are awesome beautiful, I personally loved the Pool bar lol , Those Cadillac margaritas are delicious. One of many activities we truly enjoyed was painting our own souvenirs . Women go crazy over that stuff. lol. My 8 year old and my wife totally enjoyed the aqua aerobics , the food ,kayaking the gym, the gorgeous view from our room . Enjoying the sun set behind the mountains and seeing this all reflected on the ocean the peace and quite, the whole stay experience is breath taking so worth it , wonderful trails to go hiking ahhhh god please I want to go back!!! Looking forward to next year when they have the golf curse up and running !!!!!!!!!!!11

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor are the best FYI they have excellent Jacuzzi in the room ohhhh Yeaaahh
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank El_Gavilan_En_Loreto
Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed June 16, 2013

From the moment we caught sight of the resort and entered the lobby the relaxation began. First a ritual hand washing, then a short-but-sweet chair massage and a nice cold drink. The location is breath-taking. The scrubbed hills melt into the beautiful water. The view of pelicans feeding, sail boats at moor, and sharp rising islands are enhanced by the sound of, yes - quiet. Chairs, umbrellas, kayaks, snorkels and a dandy bar await on the beach while the multiple pools, restaurants, spa, store, and another couple of dandy bars await at the resort. Inviting hammocks are suspended between the two.

The staff is friendly and happy to help make your vacation a great experience. The activities and tour teams provide great shows and services. The food is very delicious and the chefs make the most of the seasonal fish. Temps for our trip in early June were 91-94 with humidity of 46%. Very comfortable for beach and pool time.

If you are looking for a frenzy of activity options, shopping galore, and stuff to keep your teenager occupied, this is not the place to go. It is a 40 min ride from the charming but sleepy town of Loreto - partially on dirt road. But if you enjoy the outdoors, want to see a little of the amazing sites of this this part of Mexico, and enjoy talking to the locals and folks from other parts of North America between relaxing, great meals and such, then this is for you. Our first visit was lovely and we hope to visit again.

Room Tip: Our view of the pools and water was fantastic - 5th floor directly over the lobby. But the bright mo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gokruzel
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I cannot express how amazing this resort is .
I would like to thank the manager Aler ,the courteous employees Edgar,Miguel ,housekeeping,receptionists,pool staff & mini mart staff!
From the professional,friendly,attentive staff to the beautiful rooms,mixers,clean(they think of everything here),location & gorgeous beaches!
Its simply breathtaking! Honestly!no
I was here 7 days . My husband,daughter 4yr old,nephew 7 yr old ,brother & sister in law.
The first day I couldn't get enough of the view,the accommodations,they make your life on vacation literally like u r a royal member.
You could go for a beautiful hike,go to their amazing GYM,bike riding,swim in their crystal clear private beach,kayak, swim in their gorgeous pools,or simply relax in their Jacuzzi!
& the food,OMG! They have 3 restaurants, pool & room service that is soo convenient!
You could just relax trust me they got it all covered,safety is something u don't worrie at all either!
Go online & trust me,they don't lie & their pictures fall short of how beautiful this place is!
I could only sudgest 1 thing,please pave the road! Other than that ,above and beyond my expectations !
Cant wait to come back !
From the bottom of my heart,thank you VDP Loreto for giving us lifelong memories I will never forget!
I assure u will not regret 1 penny ! Well worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank JazminSoCal
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Second time in a year and it will be a third come this Oct when we all come back. Started with four of us, then eight of us and this Oct will be twelve of us. What an incredible experience! I have to tell you about a few people that you have to ask for when you come here, and you will come here! Manuel is the first person you need to ask for he is the best server I've ever had and I travel all over the world the nicest person you will ever meet.
Second is the dive Master Wade, whom I had the pleasure diving with a long with my wife and childre; Wade has a gift of calmness that can tame a Gorilla. Along with his unbelievable personality should be given the world to do as he pleases. Fantastic experience! Third is excecutive Chef Roberto, he has personally prepared two dinner for me my family and freinds and it will not be the last. I meet many people in my life and don't say this about to many people I think of Roberto as a friend thanks for a masterful dinner and company last night. All of the Villa Del Palmar staff thank you and see you this October.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jenkidog
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Villa Del Palmar is a secret heaven tucked into a private cove on the eastern shores of the BC surf.

The service at the restaurants and pool side have been unmatched. Manuel "Manny" by far is our guy... at the pool and on property that was attentive and know exactly what our family and friends needed. I think our boys ate more fish taco and smoothies than I thought possible but the quality and freshness of the food was delightful. The market restaurant for breakfast and lunch had great fresh selection daily. The bar was a great place to watch the open kitchen and get fresh drinks and enjoy the incredible sunset. The specialty restaurant went out of there way to make a special evening with chief selections, incredible dining experience. As "Foodies or food snobs" we were very happy with the presentation, service, and selection of foods.

Hidden secret is that this is an incredible place for Scuba with great equipment, facilities, and Master Instructors on staff. Wade and David took our families (8 total) out and we had quite the adventure at the Hand of God and surrounding sites. Great rocks, structure, sea life, and too much to see. We had no idea the quality of the dive options and would strongly recommend it.

Lastly, was impressed at the spa and medical facilities here. We had small incident that required medical care and staff was efficient, trained, and physician on staff was incredible. Highly recommend this resort experience! You will leave giving hugs and kisses to all that services us well, thank you Manuel, Fernando, Edgar, Hazel, Oscar, Jorge, and team. Entertainment and nightly events are great!

Room Tip: Top rooms are better for quite but rooms on the mountain/bay side (rather than the resort side) have...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LittleRedRiding
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Villa Del Palmar is extraordinary. Leaving LA and flying south you begin to breathe looking below with endless sea and barren volcanic desert. From the moment we arrived at the airport we were already 20 miles south of Loreto. We were met by Wild Loreto (fabulous tour company). Our reluctant return after nine days later are difficult to describe because there were so many experiences to note. My husband and I reunited as we begin to relax in the silence of the bay. We paddle board and kayak, attempt to dig for clams, hike, snorkel and float. The skilled staff creates enough culinary delights for all and cocktails from renowned mixologists flow. The fun quirky entertainment was a delight and organization and teamwork was everywhere! It seemed that each turn and corner led us to another memory we will sustain. A genuine caring staff provided so many laughs and we felt like family. It seems everyone who works there wants to be in Loreto; that should speak volumes. The spa is by far one of the best for skilled therapists and amazing variety of options. Mostly alone I stood at huge windows memorized by the desert landscape. There were great stories and wonderful guests. People come together who share common threads and who choose Loreto over Cabo. However, they are concerned that it will grow and change. Luckily Loreto is not around the corner yet easy to get there from LAX. We will return many times and could never leave. As a note we are owners of the Villa Group and value the professional way they all handled our reservation, excursions and communication. So many people to thank; everyone!

Room Tip: all rooms have a bay view out towards the Sea of Cortez. The resort is designed well so even a stud...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda K
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I just came back to the states after a 5 day stay at the gorgeous Villa Del Palmar in Loreto and I miss it already! This hotel is gorgeous, luxurious, and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.

For those who are looking for a beautiful, quiet place to get away without worry, this is it. They make everything incredibly easy-- you can drink the water at the hotel (which is filtered on site), everyone speaks English, everything you need is accessible and you don't pay until you check out, there are kitchens in the rooms so that you can cook your own food, and all rooms have beautiful balconies with great views.

The only downside to this resort is that it is a bit outside of town (about a 45 minute ride) and while there are free shuttles back and forth, the last shuttle returns to the hotel at 9 p.m. Not really a problem, since there isn't much nightlife in the town of Loreto, but if you're hoping to be going back and forth then this resort probably wouldn't be the best for you.

I can't wait to return! I had such a nice, relaxing stay here, and the beds were so comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends