Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Loreto
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Villa was a great relaxing place. The service was the best! I booked the whale watching trip and say my daughter touch a baby whale. I just enjoyed seeing the whales and all the folks excited to see and touch whales. Fasto was a great safe driver!!! 2 hour drive to the pacific and no unsafe speeds or poor driving. Nothing but a professional!

The Villa set me up to get picked up right at the Villa bay to go fishing. The best $100 buck I spent! Ramsey our guide knew what he was doing and helped me catch an 8 pound yellow fin tuna...nice!

Eat the chocolate clams every chance you get! yummm.

Room Tip: Take the second floor. The elevator is quick, but the stairs are a good option. Don't sleep on...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Myla W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My trip was so great! Everyone at the resort was so friendly, nice, and very helpful. The excursions were amazing! I actually got to touch a whale. The entertainment was very fun and interactive making everyone feel at home.

Loreto Villa del Palmar beat my expectations.
Quiet, remote, beautiful, well run, good design, excellent spa and team.
I recommend highly.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the 1 bedroom suite - its worth it. We also enjoyed the all inclusive package.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jayme T
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I loved this resort. The view from my balcony was incredible, the staff was accommodating, bilingual and very knowledgable. I saw wildlife, islands, a jesuit mission and the town of Loreto with their help. The food was delicious and I had one of the best massages of my life at the spa. I left relaxed and tan. I will definitely go back!

Room Tip: The single suite is definitely worth a look. Very spacious and a great deal.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Elle820
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at the resort in February - I won a facebook promotion! Yes it was real! The resort is beautiful and the staff was great. February weather is a bit cooler than I prefer...but I knew that going down. I will say that if you are on vacation to relax, this is the place for you. Having a shuttle that goes into town is absolutely the right idea as the resort is a lengthly ways from town. The area is beautiful, the people are friendly and the town of Loreto is great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julie N
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went to Loreto last week, March 12-15. We had won the trip through a Facebook promotion. Upon arriving at the hotel, you are greeted with fresh juice. Everyone is there to welcome you and make you truly feel like you are on vacation. We were able to upgrade our room to the 1 bedroom suite, which I highly reccomend. The room had 2 full bathrooms, a full kitchen with everything you would need, a huge balcony with a table, a lounge chair, and regular chair and ottoman. The couch in the living room pulled out (would be good if traveling with kids). We loved the jacuzzi tub in the bedroom, it was nice to relax in after a day by the beach or pool. All prices at the resort are extremely reasonable. I was suprised that even taking beers from the "honor bar" was only about $3. I reccomend buying some groceries, wine, or beer at the market connected to the resort. The prices were extremely reasonable and we ended up cooking some meals and enjoying a bottle of wine on the balcony after dark. One of the nights, I sat at the bonfire pit, I was surprised no one else came to sit. The ocean was extremely peaceful and it was great for star gazing. You must walk to the left of the resort and find the beach shack that serves fresh clams. The food there is amazing! We actually found out upon arriving to the beach shack that we were friends with the guys who ran it. But even if we didn't know them, it is a must if you are staying at the resort. I believe you can even charge the bill to your room. They get their fish and clams fresh in the morning. On our last day we did an island hopping tour. The panga took off from the front of the resort, it was absolutely amazing. I highly highly highly reccomend doing one of these tours, they can be booked in the lobby of the hotel. We went to white sand beaches with crystal clear water. I want to return to Loreto just to go back to some of these islands. Overall, it was extremely relaxing and a great vacation. The hotel staff is perfect in every way. Our only complaint would be that the people staying in the room above us woke up at 7 am and stomped around their hotel room for 2 hours (no idea what they could be doing for this long). I would request to be on the top floor or in a room where no one is above you. Oh, and the hotel is very secluded. We had no problem with this because our trip was so short, but they do offer free bus rides into the town. I had a massage at the Sabilia Spa. It was so relaxing. I also got to use the facility, I wish I had more time in there since I went just before closing. Treat yourself! It's worth it.

Room Tip: I reccomend the 1 bedroom suite! Request a room with no one above you!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CharHull
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had the amazing blessing of being gifted four weeks at the Villa Del Palmar in January 2013. There are no words to describe the beauty and tranquility of this breathtaking pristine paradise on the Sea of Cortez. From every room, the view greets you in electric color sunrises and sunsets, dazzling turquoise waters, ancient canyons, whales and dolphins, countless butterflies, pelicans, sea birds and soaring vultures. On the edge of the World Heritage Islands of Loreto, the silence of this exquisite place allows for deep renewal and rest.

I loved spending much of my days hiking the wonderful nature trails and kayaking the small islands and coves outside the bay. Second only to the unmatched natural surroundings at the resort was the absolutely beautiful and caring management and staff. Every detail of a 5 star resort was met with attention to every detail. Fine food, nightly cultural entertainment, decorated rooms, local tours, free shuttles back and forth to Loreto, and the best way to end a day of hiking...a soak in Mexico's biggest outdoor hot tub.

There were countless moments of a personal touch given to me as everyone at the resort remembered me by name and greeted me with a smile every day. They could not do enough for me. The day of my 53rd Birthday, I found my rooms decorated with balloons, a decadent cheesecake with Happy Birthday written on my plate and a digital birthday card on the main screen in the lobby. I made friends with many of the staff, some of who I am still in contact.

In addition the spa was of the highest quality and my massages, hot stone treatments, aloe and Epson salt baths melted me ever deeper into the silence of being.

Since I am very concerned about sustainability and preserving such natural wonders as the island of Loreto I asked the management to share with me what the resort was doing to be a " green" resort and to keep the area pristine for future generations. I was impressed that the manager Sixto Navarro was polite enough to take me on the roof to show me solar panels, an air conditioning system that's used to preheat the hot water and a small water treatment plant to utilize the grey water for the luscious palms that are the classic of the resorts surroundings. I also got to meet the resort engineer and see the gardens where they are beginning to grow food for the resort.

The Villa Del Palmer is for those that truly want to “ get away from it all” while still having all the luxury one could imagine. I give this place my 5 star invitation and hope and pray they do everything in their power to keep this resort balanced with the pristine beauty that draws us to come and not like others in Mexico that have destroyed the beauty by overdevelopment.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Suraj H
Reviewed March 16, 2013

What a truly relaxing vacation. Every year my husband and I celebrate our anniversary in Cabo. Because we were just there in December we decided to try some place different. We only had time for a 5 day trip so we decided to try Loreto. We absolutely fell in love with the resort. From our arrival with our hand washing ceremony to our beautiful room with an amazing view. The resort isn't complete but everything you need is available. We hiked every morning and took a bike ride to the fishing town at the end of the bay. The views and scenery is incredible. The staff was always available and willing to get you what you need. We did the all inclusive which is a little spendy but we felt with the town of Loreto a 45-50 minute drive, we would rather just stay at the resort for all of our meals. We could eat and drink as much as we liked without a worry. Every morning I ordered room service for a little meal befor we worked out and by the second morning they already recognized my order and after that when I would call it in they would tell me what it was. The waiters by the pool and in the resturants were very good and by the second full day knew what we liked. The maids who cleaned our room kept it so beautiful and spotless. The only downside would be the gym. I wish they would fully stock it and not wait for business to pick up. It would benefit everyone who uses it. It is a very big part of our lives. But at the same time the views outside the um windows are incredible. We already talk about going back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple