The resort is beautiful! The staff is superb! The problem is the food. There were 6 of us and two got sick. We spoke to several others that had gotten sick also. We ate at all of the restaurants. I think they need someone new in the kitchen. They have a chef that is suppose to be from Venice. We saw him walk around a couple of times and pay a lot of attention to a table that had caught a fish that day and he prepared it for them. It happened to be Valentines Day. It was a pre-set menu for us. ALL OF OUR FOOD WAS COLD. At another meal at their expensive restaurant Dinzante's (sp?) I ordered the salad that had the large shrimp on it. I could smell the shrimp as they passed in front of my nose. NOT GOOD!!! I did not eat it. My dinner came, skewers with steak, scallops, vegies, etc... My friend ordered the same thing. The scallops were not cooked and the steak was cold. It came with potatoes and they were cold. When the waiter asked why I hadn't eaten anything I told him it was all cold. They need help in the food area. The safe food is at Casa Mia as they cook right there in front of you and it's hot. They basically use the same kitchen for the other restaurants. On the breakfast buffet they put left over meats in a sauce so stay away from them. We were told the chef doesn't like to throw anything away. We have traveled to Mexico for over 20 years and never have I seen so many people sick. In our van on the way to the airport there were 7 of us. Four out of seven had been sick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're seeking a place that defines luxury, look no further than the Villa Group Resort's newest shining-star resort in this amazing Baja village. The hotel epitomizes luxury within a small town while also offering complete privacy and every modern touch. The perfect place for everyone from honeymooners to large families.The resort features 4,447 acres of unspoiled beauty. Boasting three restaurants and 20,000 square feet of turtle-shaped pools, Villa Del Palmar is minutes away from Downtown Islands of Loreto, extraordinary beaches, and world class golf courses.Our restaurants are not limited to just extraordinary Mexican food; featuring restaurants that serve delicious steaks to fine Italian food that tempts every palate. You can even cook up dinner your own room in the private "gourmet chef's kitchen". Naturally, all the amenities that guests of the Villa Group Resorts have come to expect are here too. Send your wife to the spa to enjoy a signature Islands of Loreto-massage, or join your children on an outdoor sports-fishing adventure. Whatever you're in the mood for, it is here waiting for you. See, although Islands of Loreto was actually the first Spanish settlement on the Baja California Peninsula, it will be the last place you'll ever want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa At The Islands Of Loreto Hotel Loreto
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa At The Islands Of Loreto