Were went to Loreto on a hotel site inspection. It was quite a long (but scenic) from the airport (about 50 minutes). You pull off Hwy 1 onto a dirt road and after about 10 minutes of a bumpy rise, arrive at paradise. On it's own little bay, surrounded by cactus-covered mountains, the resort is in a beautiful setting. At check-in we got a complimentary shoulder massage, which made me want to get to the large and beautiful spa on the premises. On a TV screen at the front desk was a welcome message with our name.
Our room was a suite overlooking the ocean (I believe all rooms face the ocean). It was spacious, nicely furnished, and came with a very well equipped kitchen and dining area. The bedroom bath boasted a double tub (wish it had jets, though), 2 sinks, and shower. There was a large flat screen TV in living and bedroom. The patio had a table and chairs as well as lounge chairs. Everything was VERY comfortable.
There are all kinds of activities that can be booked, like whale watching, kayaking, paddle boarding, tours, and more. We opted to relax and stay by the pools (there were several), beach and outdoor bar and restaurant. One day we hiked the trail directly from the hotel. We managed to do about 4 miles around loops and steps - with spectacular views of the Sea of Cortez as well as the inlet where we were. We were accompanied by thousands of yellow and brown butterflies.
The hotel has three shuttles a day into Loreto. We took the 6 PM one and had dinner in town, then took the 9 PM one back. I would have liked to have the option of a mid-afternoon shuttle to town (the other one is at 1 PM) so we could have more time to walk around and have a leisurely dinner.
The Market Restaurant and the outdoor bar/pizza restaurant (they have a brick oven) were both fine. Breakfasts were VERY good and dinners were good. I was disappointed that clams were not available. The restaurants work together, and when I wanted to sit inside (it was a very chilly wind) the Market restaurant but have pizza, they were happy to bring it for me from the other restaurant. They also did a very nice job splitting meals - they did it in the kitchen, and the portions were ample and we were not charged extra for this service.
The staff was wonderful. Everyone speaks English (actually I would have liked a little more Spanish!) and they bend over backwards to make you comfortable. Everyone works together, which I really like.
This resort is remote, so if you want to be near town this is not for you. It's great for a get-away and for relaxing or trying some new activity. There are plenty of things going on all the time - even in the off-season when we were there, to keep one occupied. Or, just sit on the patio and relax, taking in the wonderful view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're seeking a place that defines luxury, look no further than the Villa Group Resort's newest shining-star resort in this amazing Baja village. The hotel epitomizes luxury within a small town while also offering complete privacy and every modern touch. The perfect place for everyone from honeymooners to large families.The resort features 4,447 acres of unspoiled beauty. Boasting three restaurants and 20,000 square feet of turtle-shaped pools, Villa Del Palmar is minutes away from Downtown Islands of Loreto, extraordinary beaches, and world class golf courses.Our restaurants are not limited to just extraordinary Mexican food; featuring restaurants that serve delicious steaks to fine Italian food that tempts every palate. You can even cook up dinner your own room in the private "gourmet chef's kitchen". Naturally, all the amenities that guests of the Villa Group Resorts have come to expect are here too. Send your wife to the spa to enjoy a signature Islands of Loreto-massage, or join your children on an outdoor sports-fishing adventure. Whatever you're in the mood for, it is here waiting for you. See, although Islands of Loreto was actually the first Spanish settlement on the Baja California Peninsula, it will be the last place you'll ever want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa At The Islands Of Loreto Hotel Loreto
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa At The Islands Of Loreto