Villa del Palmar in Loreto was a great experience. This was my first time with a resort experience and I can say that the staff there in Loreto made it a great one! In the U.S.A. it is rare to find staff that are so eager to help customers while also treating them as friends.
From the moment we checked in, we were greeted and made to feel at home. Throughout our stay, Denisse, Alejandro, Alma, and Elisabeth in the lobby were very helpful with all the questions we had. They were also eager to engage us in conversation which made us feel even more at home. The bellboy Cruz was also extremely helpful and give us some tips for our first trip into town and even helped us get onto your shuttle which we didn’t yet know about.
The facilities are very nice and modern. Our apartment was great and had a perfect ocean view. We also had a nice mountain view on the side where we could see the sun and moon rise. Everything was very well maintained and you could tell all the staff take part in ensuring the facility was in great shape.
The resort is located about a 25 minute drive (definitely seems further though if you obey the speed limits…we quickly learned to drive like the locals!) and is very secluded. I would recommend Villa Del Palmar in Loreto to anyone who wants to relax by the beach and pool and have a laid back experience. Loreto is a small town (roughly 10K people) and is not your Puerto Vallarta or Cabo party-harty, spring break town. It is very peaceful and safe, laid back town and we never felt uneasy about walking around the town, even at night. If you’re looking to party hard this is not the place for you. But if you are looking to explore the marine sanctuary, whale watch, do some world class fishing, participate in outdoor actives such as kayaking, paddleboarding, snorkeling, hiking, etc. then this is a great place to enjoy these all.
We were very happy with the kayaking rentals and the crystal clear waters around the resort. The kayak rental staff was very helpful to point out where we could see the best marine life and at what time of day (early morning when the water is perfectly mirror still!). While we didn’t see any whales or whale sharks, we did see an abundance of marine life and it really made us wish we had booked some snorkeling or diving tours. We were so impressed with the Sea of Cortez that we may come back in the winter to see the whales!
One thing to watch out on the beach is for sting rays. There are signs warning you, but I read the Spanish sign first and was confused because the Spanish translation said to watch out for mantarays, while the English said stingrays…I was confused because I wasn’t sure if I would potentially be in pain or if I was just supposed to watch out not to step on fish! I learned quickly the English was right when I saw them and their little stingers in the water near the cliffs. Fortunatly, we didn’t seem to see any near the beach.
We were lucky enough to buy the all-inclusive package for most of the stay, which meant we spent a lot of time at the two restaurants, Casa Mia, The Market, and of course the pool bar. The food and drinks were well worth it! The hostesses, servers, and captains were so polite and helpful. I’ve never experienced this type of service in any restaurant in the U.S.A. We became quick friends with this staff and were very pleased that we were able to be served and interact with many of the same people throughout meals. Please acknowledge Kenia, Agustin, Itzelt, Julio, Diego, Gerardo, Luciano, Gabriel, Mario, and Raul for their exceptional service and hospitality! Please give extra credit to “doctor” Augustin and Gabriel for their efforts to make me feel better when I got heat sick one of the hottest days we were there – I truly felt well cared for!
All the other staff members we interacted with, from the maids who made up our room and all the other maintenance workers we ran into throughout the resort, all always had a smile on their face and a friendly hello. Even Enrique, whose hard work all day around the pool in the 105F hot sun always had a smile and a joke for us; this man is one diligent hard worker!
We also enjoyed participating in the laid back actives that were offered at the resort. We got to learn how to make Tiramisu with the executive chef, wine taste, watch everyone else do aqua-arobics in the pool while we drank margaritas, see live shows put on by the staff at dinner, and gaze at stars and learn about them. Since you are in such a secluded area, you really can see millions of stars (I’ve never seen so many in my life!). The exceptional staff Jasmin, Angie, Carlos, and Erick were so enthusiastic about getting you to participate in all the resort activities (but also understood if you didn’t want to); you could really feel they genuinely wanted you to be part of the fun and get to know you!
Our week stay at the Villa del Palmar in Loreto was a truly great experience. While the resort setting, facilities and rooms are very nice, it was the staff that made the stay exceptional. I really look forward to going back some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're seeking a place that defines luxury, look no further than the Villa Group Resort's newest shining-star resort in this amazing Baja village. The hotel epitomizes luxury within a small town while also offering complete privacy and every modern touch. The perfect place for everyone from honeymooners to large families.The resort features 4,447 acres of unspoiled beauty. Boasting three restaurants and 20,000 square feet of turtle-shaped pools, Villa Del Palmar is minutes away from Downtown Islands of Loreto, extraordinary beaches, and world class golf courses.Our restaurants are not limited to just extraordinary Mexican food; featuring restaurants that serve delicious steaks to fine Italian food that tempts every palate. You can even cook up dinner your own room in the private "gourmet chef's kitchen". Naturally, all the amenities that guests of the Villa Group Resorts have come to expect are here too. Send your wife to the spa to enjoy a signature Islands of Loreto-massage, or join your children on an outdoor sports-fishing adventure. Whatever you're in the mood for, it is here waiting for you. See, although Islands of Loreto was actually the first Spanish settlement on the Baja California Peninsula, it will be the last place you'll ever want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, Priceline, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa At The Islands Of Loreto Hotel Loreto
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa At The Islands Of Loreto