“Staff goes out of their way to help...”
Review of Hotel Oasis

Hotel Oasis
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Loreto
La Mesa
“Staff goes out of their way to help...”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times, often with large (10-15) groups. The site on the water is hard to beat, nice clean rooms, good restaurant and bar.
OVER THE TOP SERVICE:
We needed to leave before the restaurant usually opened. All we had to was ask and they not only opened early, they prepped our food ahead of time for a quick turnaround. They also put together sack lunches so we could have lunch on the road. Good prices and customized meals are all part of the service at the Hotel Oasis.
DID I MENTION THAT WE HAD TO LEAVE EARLY?
We left so early that we left some of our luggage sitting outside of one of the rooms. Several hundred miles and 10 hours later we discovered our mistake. I called the hotel and told hotel manager Patricia about our problem. She verified that they had our missing luggage and she worked with me to get the missing pieces transported to us early the next morning. All arrived on time and undisturbed, delivered for a reasonable price. More kudos for the people at Hotel Oasis! We will always stay at the Oasis when in Loreto.

Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Glendale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is great for the traveling fishermen and sports folk that travel the Baja. It is cute and real Baja not a chain resort. Rooms are not luxury but very clean an adequite. Cost is reasonable. Resturant is excellent and will cook your catch for you. Good wfi . Service is good and most of the staff have worked there a long time. Good swimming pool with lush garden gret place to enjoy the afternoon.

Room Tip: Pick any room away from the bar or Malacone.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michael D
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here in May of 2011 (not 12 as indicated below) We were here for the 1 night stop over of the General Tire/NORRA Mexican 1000 race.

Our room was in a block of upstairs rooms on the beach, not the ground floor accommodations which look a little nicer. It wasn't as nice as some of the pictures show. Overall nothing to really write home about. Clean enough, not overly clean though.

We went to their restaurant a little late that night and they kept the kitchen open to serve us which was great because we were exhausted after a long day of driving and racing. Food seemed like it was pretty good, but then again, we were tired.

I'd stay here again, though maybe not my first choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado Traveler
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here one night at the end of a sea kayaking trip in the Sea of Cortez in Nov 2012. The room was not ready until about an hour after checkin time, but there was a nice pool to hang out by while we waited. When we got into our room, it was nice and clean, but there was no hot water for showers. However, it was a bit warmer than the ocean water we had been bathing in for a week and morning showers were nice an hot. The meals we had at the restaurant were okay and the service was good all around. Location is good. On the beach and close to the main shopping area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodland, California
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for one night because my usual hotel was booked. Hotel Oasis has a decent reputation and I'm sure it's fine most of the time, but I was here Saturday night, which unfortunately, meant super loud music (from the disco in the hotel) thumping through my room while I was trying to sleep. I asked to be moved to a quieter room and after some 30 minutes, a man showed me another room (further from the music). At first I was happy, because the disco music was much quieter; however, I soon realized that both my neighbors had their TV's on at a high volume which was very loud through the thin walls. The next thing I noticed was a funny smell to the room - maybe old cigar smoke? And then I realized the room next to me was occupied by what sounded like 10 or so teenagers having a party which meant lots of running and loud talking in the patio outside our rooms and much banging on the door and yelling.
Needless to say, I didn't sleep much and was very glad to get out of there the next day. The staff at Hotel Oasis should warn people who are booking for Saturday night about the disco music. I'm giving it two stars instead of one because the staff were all reasonably courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room far away from the hotel disco.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank agaj

Travelers are raving about these Loreto hotels

Boston
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Our room vibrated from the band at the bar until 2:30 AM. When my wife called to complain, they did stop. The bar had closed at 2:00 AM but the band seemed to go on with unabated enthusiasm. Location is great and breakfast at restaurant was fine. Room and bathroom could be spiffed up a bit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank fair-person
Rialto, California
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My brother and I have stayed at the Oasis for many years now. The staff is the best and has always remained the best over the years. They go the extra mile to make your trip the best it can be. We will always remail loyal customers to the Oasis hotel and all there staff. Would not even cosider staying at any other hotel. The Ocean view rooms are the best in Loreto. The food at the resturant is very good, and all the staff treats you like family.
Thank you all again for a great trip as always.

Jerry and Jim Smith