“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE & GREAT HOTEL”
Review of Hotel Santa Fe

Hotel Santa Fe
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Loreto
Los Angeles, California
“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE & GREAT HOTEL”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was very impressed with customer service from housekeeping all the way to management. Safety is very important to me…my husband and I went along with my 15 year old daughter were there, we felt safe the whole time. The hotel is beautiful and quiet. The location is perfect for me because it’s about a 10 minute walk from the mission (or 15 if you want to stroll). For kids it has a pool. It has no gym.

I look forward to returning some time soon,
Raquel Fernández

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lake Forest, California
Reviewed June 26, 2013

great location, great service, you get what you pay , near to port, very friendly people - rooms are very comfortable safe transportation.

I stayed here 3 days with a group of Travel agents and we are all recommend this hotel if you are staying in town.

also we stayed at villas del Palmar out of town very beautiful as well.

thanks Ariel Orange county California

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I would recommend this property to all of you searching for a quiet place to enjoy some tranquil vacations. The views and the sound of the waves will definitely relax you and fill you with positive energy.

• Stayed June 2013
Marietta
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Only a queen size bed, no hair dryer (really!!??!!), a shower you could not turn around in, and you had to buy the coffee packet for a $1 UDS. Really? Not even close to impressive. Especially after staying at the Baja Cactus Hotel in El Rosario the night before on our way down from San Diego. And we paid twice as much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed March 7, 2013

So, I walk in to the santa fe with a large backpack on my shoulders looking to check into my room so I can find a little time to relax in the room before venturing out to the malecon. Squaring up to the counter upon arrival,I am happy to see no line and a hotel representatve behind the desk. But after five minutes of clearing my throat and trying to make eye contact, I get nothing, not even an "I'll be with you in a minuto." Apparently the reshuffling of paperwork made more sense to the desk help than acknowledging a new arrivee so I was left sweating at the counter.

The hotel is owned by the Villa Group, a hotel group that vies for the potential of selling their guests to a possible timeahare in their chain of hotels in the warm climates of latin america. Its the same folks who aggressively hock the benefits of being a partial owner of their resorts in the airport and in the tourist area around the town plaza. Don't they realize the benfit of creating potential/loyal guests through true customer service at the doors and grounds of their resorts? I would think it would be far more productive to gain "buy-in" at the premises through genuine interactions with their guests at the door and during the duration of their stay.

The hotel is nice and the courtyard is mostly beautiful. For a place with a kitchen, the value is very decent. My preference, however, is to stay closer to the mission and malecon, as i did in the latter half of my time in Loreto. In fact, I stayed at three other places, including Coco Cabanas, Las Cabanas, and Luna Loreto, all very nice establishments with great customer service. I would reccommend that you all do the same.

Room Tip: facing the courtyard is bueno
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank brokenarrow111
Milan, Italy
Reviewed February 20, 2013

It's a very nice hotel, lovely design, friendly staff, clean and large rooms with self catering kitchen corner, beautiful patio, great value for money.
We had a very nice and relaxing stay. If you are traveling through Baja and you are looking for a relaxing place where stop and recharge your battery...this is a great choice!highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2013

When you combine value, service, and cleanliness in this area of Mexico I do not feel you will do better.The rooms are not fancy, but they are large, clean,new and have a small kitchenette.The staff is very polite, helpful and the desk people speak english well.The attached restaurant is average, but just next door there is a really great seafood/mexican restaurant that I would very highly recommend.I stayed at this hotel twice when I have been hunting in Mexico and thought it was great. It is not fancy like the some of the hotels you get in Cabo, but it is great value, clean, safe and all I was looking for. I would totally recommend this hotel if that is what you want.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends