“Okay if you just want to sleep there, Very Basic”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Plaza Loreto

Hotel Plaza Loreto
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Loreto
Tucson, Arizona
“Okay if you just want to sleep there, Very Basic”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The room was very dark but, smelled clean. The price was very good we paid only 580 pesos per night. We never got any hot water, the front desk person told me that there was plenty and to let it run a while. Still no hot water.

There was on street parking in front of the hotel and we felt that our ca was safe. If it was just me, or if I were a younger person I might stay here again but, I wouldn't bring my wife here again.

I didn't realize that the beaches in this area are full of Sting Rays and that swimming is not recommended. If I had known this I would have stayed in a Hotel with a pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

Mid price hotel. Rooms quite large and clean although dark. Tv in room. No heating and in feb it is cold at night. Bathroom clean but a bit tired but the hot water in the shower ran out after 15 seconds both days! For the price and with the chilly temperature you expect hot water! Loreto was least charming place of a month in mexico: windy, full of retirees, time-share salesmen and other hasslers. Beach is grey and fouled by dogs. Better places to stop.

• Stayed February 2011
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband, one of his best fishing buddies, and myself had a wonderful experience at the Plaza Loreto. We went fishing for 3 days and each morning someone knocked on our door to wake us up at 4:30 am each day. What service!!! If you want to truly experience Loreto this is the place to be!! Simple and realistic, yet clean and comfortable. Right in the heart of town so we could walk everywhere for meals, shopping and to the beach If you expect "5 stars" this is not for you, but WE hope to be back at the Plaza next year!! Great air-conditioning and TV for those lazy afternoon siestas.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2008

I stayed here for two deafening nights at the beginning of the month. I was with a kayak group but arrived a day early so that I oculd check out the town. Nice town by the way!! This hotel did not have our names even though our kayak company made reservations for us well in advanceand they were prepaid. since it was a weekend the noise level from the street was unbelieveable. Imagine cars driving at all hours of the night and your walls shaking from the deafening base. That was the good part. When we entered our room the smell was of old cigarettes and sewage. apparanely the hotel had a problem with their pipes. Our water was shut off for most of the first night so they could fix the situation but the smell never really went away. Did I mention the bedding? Dingy brown sheets that looked like they were ten years old and a rock hard mattress with the ugliest thin bedspread the looked like it should have been in whorehouse. There is no parking to be found anywhere and we were foolish enough to rent a car for those two days. Parking in the area of the hotel is impossible. the outside courtyard is nice and clean but this doesn't reflect the cleanliness of the rooms. Its not that the maids weren't doing a good job its that the place isn't maintained properly. And they don't take credit cards either. Oh yeah the pool is a big rat infested hole at the back of the courtyard!

• Liked — it was cenrally located
  • Disliked — the horrible noise
  • Stayed May 2008
3 Thank kimB2

Travelers are raving about these Loreto hotels

Ontario, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2008

The location is perfect - Wander around, shop, dine out, party, crash comfortably, then get up & FISH!!!

If you are expecting the Westin, forget it. Loreto is a beautifully quaint town that caters to "old school" fishing. Me, my wife & my dearest of fishing buddies have been patrons of Hotel Plaza Loreto for years. They have been progressively adapting & upgrading through the years to keep pace with the modernizing environment in Loreto & the "benefits" that have come through acquisition of newer technology & finally being tied to a fiber optic network. They have always provided superior service, especially to our dearly departed friend Pat Harney, who even at 73 could still negotiate the stairwell to suite "A" after a night on the town (with Paco's help). Paco is a concierge at the hotel & will hook you up with whatever your heart desires & become a friend as well. You tell Paco & the rest of the famillia that borracho Kevin & Guierlmo from San Diego sent you. If you are looking for the BEST CAPITAN to FISH with ask Paco to hook you up with Placido Davis Murillo. We've been fishing with him for many, many years & he is by far the absolute best!!!

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — No Pool
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank KMcCarthy
San Clemente, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2008

I stayed here with my wife and kids on Dec 28 on my way down to Cabo. The hotel is right in the center of town 1 block from the mission. Looks like it just got a fresh exterior paint job.

We had a ground floor room with 2 double beds. The room was plain but clean with firm beds and flat rock hard pillows. My kids were happy to have brought their own pillows with them. The TV worked, and we had plenty of hot water for 4 showers with good water pressure (that can be hit or miss in Baja). The hotel has a nice courtyard, but if people are in the courtyard talking you can here it in the hotel room.

I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for an overnight stay, but there are better choices for longer stays. We paid $58 for one night.

• Liked — Location in center of town
  • Disliked — Hard pillows
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2008

The Plaza Hotel in Loreto is a beautiful building with a very nice courtyard. The location is good (you can walk to the beach) and there is a good coffee shop attached to the hotel. There is also free wi-fi in the lobby/courtyard. However, the rooms are not well-lit, the walls bare, and the water not very hot. If you are planning on spending all your time outdoors, then it's fine, but if you value cheerful rooms, better to stay someplace else. We paid $60 for a room, which I think is overpriced considering the rooms and lack of hot water.

• Liked — The courtyard.
  • Disliked — The price.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family