“Beware! Your guests may be prohibited from La Mision Hotel”
Review of La Mision Loreto

La Mision Loreto
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Loreto
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at La Mision in July this year for five days in a very nice suite with so-so service at the restaurant, pool and bar. My friend who lives in Loreto and has previously danced at a local bar joined me for my stay. We celebrated her birthday and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Skip ahead two months to the last week in September and i booked a suite again for two nights, two adults. I arrived and was greeted by name, given the same suite and when asked was given two keys. i got settled in and then went to pick up my friend and return for a nice dinner at the hotel restaurant. We came back in through the lobby and my friend was stopped by the front desk manager. I couldn't believe this was happening. My guest who was welcome in July was now prohibited from the Hotel two months later. i protested and the manager picked up the phone and spoke to the general manager, Maria Gamez, who was seated in her office not more than 15 feet away. He said sorry that's our policy and i can't do anything about it she is not allowed in our hotel even though you booked the room for two adults and we gave you two keys. Totally unprofessional service! I will never stay there again and i will advise everyone i know visiting Loreto to do the same.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank spacekowboi
Serven, Director General at La Mision Loreto, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feelings.

We at La Mision have the up most respect and appreciation for all of our customers and we are sincerely sorry that this presented a disappointment to you.

However, our policies are in alignment with our commitment to offer always an excellent Customer Service and we have been recognized year after year as a friendly, beautiful, clean and wholesome Hotel.

We appreciate your promise to spread the word and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Maria Gamez

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hotel is nicest in Loreto. The staff is extremely nice and very eager to help. The views are the nicest in the city. The restaurant is very good and traveler friendly for any children.
Happy hour included all you can eat Pizza for a small charge, even the locals joined in.

Only downside was the elevator went out due to a storm. We were on the third floor and the stairs were very easy to climb.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Serven, Director of Sales at La Mision Loreto, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Ken,

Thank you for your nice review about your stay at La Mision. We apologize for the elevator inconvenience but as you mentioned was to protect it from the tropical storm.

We hope to see you soon en the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My friends and I have been fishing in Loreto for nearly 25 years now and will be fishing for another 25. We have probably stayed in every hotel in Loreto at one time or another.
This trip was with my wife and we stayed at the new La Mission by the harbor. I would easily rate this hotel and it's staff an A+. Their attention to detail is impressive and their willingness to make your stay at the hotel over the top. The hotel itself is beautiful and very well kept.......

The bottom line: If your headed to Loreto, you probably want to stay at the La Mission

Room Tip: Easy on the Tequila!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Serven, Director of Sales at La Mision Loreto, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Stacey,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to recieved you for you first time in Loreto after 25 years of being a Loretor visitor.

We are so glad and proud to constantly hear how much our guests appreciates La Misión Hotel, the building by itselft is a piece of art and we love to provide warmth and profesional service.

We truly appreciate your review and we look forward to have you again in the near future for Yellow tail fishing season.

La Misión Loreto

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have stayed at numerous tourist areas in Mexico that border the ocean and Loreto, MX is certainly one of my favorites. My first time and only time to Loreto was August 25th 2013. I have been to Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan more times than I deserve but I did appreciate the slower pace of Loreto, MX the town of about 16,000 locals. Hotel La Mission was a very good choice for us. All of the staff are more than willing to help with anything questions or needs. Their food at the restaurant is great. (Do not miss all you can eat pizza on Thursday nights) La Missions location is great, right on the water. The place is very clean and well maintained. All the restaurants we ate at in town were great. I will definitely return and bring friends to show them my newly found secret quiet place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear DavidE

We are very pleased to read your awesome review about Loreto, your new secret quiet town, this is what Loreto is... a clean and beautiful historic peaceful town, with friendly people and surrounded by the most amazing natural richness of the Sea Of Cortez and Sierra La Giganta.

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our restaurants, hotel and our Staff.

Please return soon to La Misión.

Directos of Sales, Marketing & Restaurants

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stopped off in Loreto on my way north at La Mision. Having stayed once before, I knew the quality to be first rate. I was not disappointed. The large room with king bed was super comfortable. The down pillows made up for my having forgot to bring my own. Ocean view rooms are great for watching the sunrise. My only complaint is that there is no mirror for short-sighted people. The big, beautiful mirror in the bathroom seemed miles away and, in fact, was greater than an arm's length. This makes it near impossible to put on one's make up because, without glasses, one cannot see that far. I highly recommend the inn invest in cosmetic mirrors for the benefit of their myopic guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Serven, Director Comercial at La Mision Loreto, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear SanLuisLover

We are so glad to hear your comments about the quality and comfort of our rooms , our priority is without a doubt to offer the highest sleeping experince in Baja and are very proud because we often recieved compliments about it.

Thanks also for your suggestion about the vanity mirrors, we are already working in adding this amenity in the rooms.

We look forward to host you again at La Mision in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Mision Hotel is located directly across the street from the ocean. Very nice and clean. Javier was very friendly and helpful. We had a first floor room. I preferred this because you could walk out you slider right to the pool. You still had a view of the ocean. The food was excellent. My compliments to the chef. The other guest we spoke to that have stayed in Loreto told us nobody will hound you to buy anything or push service on you. This is correct. Im am use to getting a drink or food without any waiting. The service is low key, they do not want to disturb their guest. Once you understand this, its great. I woyuld highly recomend this hotel if you want to get away and relax. But not in August

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Serven, Director of Sales at La Mision Loreto, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Riweric,

La Misión staff would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your valuable feedback about our hotel, food and our service.

Loreto is a relax getaway and we love to make our guest feel the tranquility of our destination, our commitment is to provide this experience along with great service so thank you for your comments.

Kind regards and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was fourth trip to Loreto and we again chose to stay at La Mision. As always, the accommodations, staff, food and ambience were excellent! La Mision continues to provide great value and positive experiences. The smallest details always receive the same focus and attention as the more complex requests. It's nice to return to a premier hotel and have your expectations once again exceeded. We will return again in 2014, and yes, we do enjoy the Loreto fishing. If you want to experience Mexico the way it was in the past, here is your opportunity. To Mario, Maria, Rudy and the entire staff we extend our thanks and appreciation. Hasta la proxima estadia!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank amigoviejo
Serven, Director Comercial at La Mision Loreto, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear AmigoViejo,

It is always our pleasure to have you and your wife with us at your home La Mision.

We all the staff truly enjoy having you here and we also appreciate your nice comments about our service and the facilities.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and we look forward to see you and you wife pretty soon at La Mision again for the 5th time!

I proudly will extend your message of appreciation to the team.

Warms regards,