All reviews beach club costa baja golf course azul marino infinity pool free shuttle swim up bar shuttle service overlooking the marina beautiful property beach access breakfast buffet is los cabos rooms are nice hotel in la paz sea lions balandra beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I found this hotel nothing extraordinary and overpriced. It was probably because of the season but still, the rooms are OK, the staff service was OK as well, nothing outstanding. The toiletries smell good but the soap is so slimy.... you have to wash it out a lot for it to come off.

I guess the best thing about this hotel is the location, it has the costa baja marina just beside it and if you are a hotel guest you have access to a nice beach club, (which you still have yo pay $300 pesos per person to get in which I thought was unnecessary).

We were told this was the nicest hotel in La Paz and I guess it is, but for the cost per night I guess we expected a bit more.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Samuel R, Director de Ventas at Costabaja Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Erendira M:

Thanks for sharing your feedback at Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your valuable comments as they are always helpful for us to improve. As a service company our highest priority will always be our customers’ satisfaction and you can be sure we are working to be better every day.
We will be very happy to see you back soon and treat you as you expect and deserve.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2019

The Resort is Fine but the beach club is not anymore part of the hotel if you would like to access you have to pay for it arround 15 dlls per day. If you are planning to go, please don't do it before any vacation season due to they are doing remodelation and there is noise and painting arround your room. If you are planning to do outside activities look for an outside company due to the Consierge (Heleno) is not any helpful. The staff is always profesional doing their best effort for the service!

Room tip: ask for a room as far as possible from the pool and the main entrance if you are planning to rest.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Maria:

Thank you very much for sharing your comments.

It is certain that the Beach Club is not part of CostaBaja Resort & Spa and there is a fee in case you desire to use the facilities but it is also converted into food and beverages.

We didn’t have renovation works during your stay, so it must have been a one-off event. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused.

At CostaBaja Resort & Spa our main goal is to meet our clients’ desires and we endeavor to give more than expected. Your feedback helps us to monitor the quality of service and I apologize for this isolated event as our concierge is usually helpful, warm and kind, we are taking the necessary actions to ensure all our guests feel cared, valued and respected at all times.
Thanks for highlighting our staff professionalism doing their best for the service.
We truly hope that in the near future you would give us the opportunity to host you again and change your perception.

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

Booked on Hotels.com for 4 nights and the hotel was old and out dated. On the second day the hotel put a note on the door stating the water would be off at 1am or pipe repairs, no problem.

A day later after returning from the beach at 3pm to shower and get ready to go out the water was off. I called the front desk and they told me it would be back on in 30 mins. 1 hour later I got in the shower and turned on the hot water to My Surprise BLACK AND BROWN WATER came out covering me. I was horrified and quickly called the front desk, they told me to run the water for 15 mins to flush out the system.

Is that a joke, No I'm sorry we should have informed you but no. We ran the water for 30 mins, still brown.

We called the New Manager Mr Vargas and he finally apologized, I told him that this was a Health issue and I wanted his boss to do something about it or move us. He called later and offered us a free drink. What a joke.

This is suppose to be the nicer hotel in La Paz, well its not, outdated rooms with the shower inside the middle of the room. For the price they charge they should do a better job. This isn't the Peking Motel , I guess they just Dont care. Avoid this place......

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank richardpU5076ZA
Samuel R, Director de Ventas at Costabaja Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Dear RichardpU5076ZA:

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments down and let us know your impression during your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology if the inconveniences that affected your stay with us.

At CostaBaja Resort & Spa our main goal is to meet our client’s desires and we endeavor to give more than expected and it is obvious we failed with you. Your feedback helps us to monitor the quality of service and I apologize for this isolated event you lived during your stay. We had indeed this unexpected problem with the water pumps which caused an interruption in the service and inconveniences to our guests. You, as a hotelier of a luxury hotel in the area, perfectly know that there are some issues that may get out of hand but it is our obligation to respond in an assertive way and according the guest expectations, and in your particular case we failed.

I am aware of your conversations with Mr. Vargas, our Rooms Division Manager, and I am sorry for any misunderstanding as he was trying to find the best solution for you and change your experience at CostaBaja.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to change your perception of the Hotel in the near future. If your plans bring you back to La Paz please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely

Arturo Peña
CEO

Reviewed April 6, 2019

It is a small hotel located in one of the best parts of La Paz. There is a marina and the golf course and the hotel is just there. First of all it is being managed very well. The staff is very nice, helping and caring. It has a good side of a pool, you need to take a golf cart (service is availabe and free of charge) to go to the nearest beach. It would take couple of minutes.
La Paz is a beauty. Stay in this hotel and enjoy the town...

Room tip: Looking to the pool area.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Samuel R, Director de Ventas at Costabaja Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear MustafaK552:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Trip Advisor.

We are glad you had such a wonderful time at CostaBaja and La Paz; thanks for highlighting the warmth of our staff.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2019

Excellent service, very clean, people are really kind and warm, anything you need is done fast, different from other hotels where you have to wait for each thing you have. I definitely recommend it. No better place in La Paz

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Samuel R, Director de Ventas at Costabaja Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2019

Dear Carlos Smeke:

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased our service met your needs and you had a wonderful time at CostaBaja.

We will be very glad to greet you back and your referrals as well.