“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 25 La Paz B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here for after coming back to La Paz from a turtle conservation trip in Magdalena Bay, and I have to say it was magnificent stay! Ester welcomed me in with open arms and even gave me a little discount because I was on a trip promoting sustainability. My room was clean and very cozy and colorful, but the garden was what took my breath away-- wow!! So much greenery!!! The pets were a nice touch too, both were very friendly (the cat seems to be a bit of a snuggle muffin if you pay attention to her.) Breakfast the next morning was lovely too, and as a vegan they accommodated me very well. The cooking staff were very lovely too! :) When I was leaving I saw a bunch of pamphlets they had on things to do in La Paz, so that was a nice bonus. Unfortunately I only stayed there for a night before my plane left, but if I could I would return again and again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Megan M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband spent two nights here before going on a cruise. It was a delight. We debated getting a place on the water, but opted for El Angel Azul in the center of the old town. Great decision. It is in a 19th century Spanish court house, adding to its charm. Esther has created a sublime garden in the courtyard setting...we could have spent the day right there. Esther is very helpful and directing you to restaurants (all we had time for).

The best part is to find how safe La Paz is. We walked around in the evenings, to and from various restaurants, or along the water, and it was safe as can be. I even saw single women doing the same..day and night.

Go there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mnbryant
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at El Angel Azul! The rooms were clean and spacious and nicely decorated. Esther was a great help at recommending shopping and restaurant options. The grounds were beautiful and secure. The breakfast was just right! Esther makes a great margarita!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank kayakercat
Wartau
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I arrived in La Paz in the middle of the night. But I was already expected at the door. Esther is a great hostess and I felt home right from the start. The garden where you can have your breakfast is just terrific! For me, the "El angel azul" is the place to stay in La Paz.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Traveller3868
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is the 4th time my wife and I have stayed at the El Angel Azul in La Paz in the last 7 years. It was as fabulous as ever. Esther is a great hostess. The rooms are very comfortable and the inner court yard is beautiful and serene. The breakfast is wholesome and served by friendly staff. The price is reasonable. We always look forward to a few days of r&r in this wonderful setting.
Pam & Tony L

Room Tip: All the rooms are good as they all face into the inner court yard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Anthony L
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

A big thank you to the Inn keeper and owner, Esther, and her friendly staff for a very nice and relaxing stay in the Angel. I stayed here early December for 5 nights with my 18 year old daughter. The courtyard is stunning and visually inspiring. Every little corner has something interesting to look at. Both my daughter and I spent time walking around taking photos. The dog and cat are sweet and make this place even feel more homier. It was quiet, close to town, very safe to walk around in the neighborhood to downtown at night for 2 women. The rooms are comfortable, and you can read other reviews for more information. Highlights were: Esther's helpfulness, her thoughtful tips for trips, restaurants (and even the recommendation for another hotel with pool, because my daughter wanted to be near the ocean and pool for a few days) etc., the breakfast, the mexican christmas decorations in the courtyard. It felt like a home away from home. This was our "base" for a 4-day kayak trip as well and it was comforting to know that we could store all other luggage in a safe place at the Angel. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Berry K
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My girlfriend and loved staying El Angel Azul.
We had just driven from Todos Santos and were welcomed into the most charming court yard.
It felt like we entered into an oasis after a hot drive.
We found the Swiss staff reall personable and nice, im actualy amazing that people have reviewed this place badly. Everything about this place is charming and feels real and extremly safe.

If your looking for something authentic and don't care and not having shower gel then this place if great.

Room Tip: Take the Terrace room its amazing to have a balcony all to yourself.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple