“You've got to stay here”
Review of Casa Tuscany Inn

and 1 more site!
Casa Tuscany Inn
Ranked #3 of 26 La Paz B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days on our 2011 trip to Baja and Copper Canyon trip. We arrived on the ferry from the mainland at 6:30am but were still able to check in and and leave our luggage. We stayed in the Romeo & Juliet room and enjoyed the outdoor terraces. Fantastic accommodations but the breakfasts by them selves made our visit incredible. If we are ever back in La Paz this is where we will be staying!

Stayed: December 2012
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Roy,
Thank you for sharing your good experience at Casa Tuscany with others. Leaving luggage for safekeeping from a few hours to a few days is never a problem. I am glad you were able to enjoy the courtyard while your room was made ready.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I love to cook. Put those two things together and you already know the result.

I look forward to your return visit.
Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Casa Tuscany Inn

Reviewed October 24, 2013

After a full day in La Paz, tired and exhausted, there is nothing better than Casa Tuscany. Verdant plantings invite you to step into the private and secluded walled patio. Tall palms, hummingbirds, shells, artwork creates a lasting memory. Besides the gathering patio there are little niches and more private sitting areas throughout the property. Lovely breakfast served by host Carol. Bottles of wine available in each room for purchase. . Our host was very knowledgeable of the best restaurants, playas and Espiritu Santos excursions.
Walking distance to downtown and the night scene. Malecon (tiled boardwalk) stretches for miles along the bay and only steps from your door. I love the city, the people and the new environment, but again...it's always a good feeling to come home! And Tuscany was Home!

Room Tip: The downstairs room would be best for a family, sleeps 4 easily, small efficient kitchen area, table...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Maria,
Thank you for writing such a nice review. It was a delight to welcome you back to La Paz after an absence of 3 years. For you it was like coming home. For me it was welcoming an old friend. Thank you for choosing Casa Tuscany for your return visit.

Thank you, Maria, for helping me out with a couple of things. You were a life saver! Next time, bring Al and perhaps choose a month when the weather isn't quite so hot.

Thanks & hugs

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We visited Casa Tuscany during exploration of the Baja. What a find!. So close to everything - the Malecon, restaurants, shopping. We parked our car and didn't need it again. The room was really comfortable and beautifully decorated. Being August, we were thankful for the A/C. Breakfast was served in the courtyard with other visitors. What a delight to interact with people from other parts of the world. We exchanged emails with a couple we met.

We can't say enough about the owner, Carol. She makes a dynamite breakfast each day, always served with fresh fruit and great coffee. Carol also made arrangements for a visit to the Island where we snorkeled with the sea lions. This is a trip not to be missed.

We highly recommend Casa Tuscany and can't wait to return. Thank you, Carol, for a great stay!
Bill & Jean

Room Tip: Go for the Romeo & Juliet room. Very special.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Bill and Jean,
Always a pleasure to welcome people from my home town area. Thank you for finding Casa Tuscany and taking the time from your busy schedule to write about it. You are right about not needing a car with everything so accessible from the inn, although it is nice to have a car for getting out to the best beaches. I am glad you enjoyed the trip to the island. It is often the highlight for trips to La Paz.

One of the best parts of staying in B&B's is the opportunity to interact with people from other parts of the globe. It is so nice that you connected with another couple.

I hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Just spent ten wonderful days at Casa Tuscany Inn in Baja. The inn is delightful, so pretty and quaint and within walking distance to most of the action yet so peaceful and quiet. We stayed in the Firenze Room and had ample space for our belongings, light cooking (if I so wanted), and relaxing. I will forever cherish the mornings spent in the court yard during a yummy breakfast while enjoying the birds and lush plantings. The beautiful people of La Paz also had a beautiful soul and I would feel safe walking alone on the Malecon or in any of the casual or fine dining establishments in town.

Room Tip: Romeo and Juliet Room is upstairs and has several private outdoor spaces and a private staircase. Fi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Judy,
I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to La Paz and found the inn quiet and comfortable. You learned what many visitors already know - that La Paz is a safe and friendly place. Thank you for choosing Casa Tuscany for your stay and for taking the time to write about it on Trip Advisor. I hope to welcome you back one day soon.
Warmly,

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This summer I visited the city of La Paz for a week and I stumbled upon this lovely bed and breakfast!! I stayed in a quaint and clean, medium sized room with a nice view of the courtyard-like area. The host Carol, served a delicious breakfast every morning, with your choice of food. She suggested many activities and tours upon request. The sunsets were absolutely beautiful, reflecting in the nearby ocean creating a fantastic photographic opportunity! I most definitely enjoyed my stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Leah,
Thank you for visiting Casa Tuscany and for sharing your comments with others. It is indeed a thrill for me when young people like you appreciate the quiet and beauty of the Sea of Cortez and La Paz. We do have phenomenal sunsets, no two alike and always spectacular. Perhaps on your next visit you will have the opportunity for some really outstanding photos.

I am looking forward to your next visit when perhaps you will have the opportunity for some whale watching or snorkeling with whale sharks. The season approaches. In the meantime, have a great year.
Warmly,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was my second visit to Casa Tuscany. Everything was outstanding from sunrise to sunset. The breakfast in the beautiful patio garden again was a great way to start our day. Enhancing our time in this quaint village was all the priceless information from owner,Carol. She gave us all the latest news and changes since our last visit, especially as it pertained to restaurants. She is so knowledgeable about the area and communicates in very personal manner. I now know why my spouse wanted to return to this particular B&B.

Room Tip: We chose the Romeo & Juliet room again. It's spacious with excellent views of the surroundin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Mike,
It is always a pleasure to welcome guests back to La Paz and Casa Tuscany. As a vacation destination, the repeat visitor knows about the beautiful beaches, the clear emerald green water, the great fishing, the fabulous restaurants, and the small Mexican town feel that is so unlike Cabo. No timeshare sales people and no street vendors hounding you to buy.

Thank you for choosing Casa Tuscany for a return visit and for sharing your enjoyable experience with others. I look forward to seeing again. Same time next year?

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My stay of five nights in Casa Tuscanny was a very pleasant one. Casa Tuscanny has an outstanding location in the dowtown area of La Paz only two blocks away from the waterfront. Since the street is very quiet it is a good place to rest at night. There is a handful of restaurants nearby.
The room was very clean and nicely decorated and the delicious breakfasts served in the garden provide a friendly ambiance to persons travelling alone.
The information provided by Carol, the owner, about the town and surroundings was very helpful.
I highly recommend Casa Tuscanny as a good choice to lodge in La Paz and will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Leticia D
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Leticia,
Thank you for choosing Casa Tuscany for your stay. It was my pleasure hosting you and fun dining together. As a frequent single traveler myself, I enjoy those times I don't have to eat alone. Thank you for letting me join you for some good food and wonderful jazz. I admire your spunk and willingness to get out there to see and do whatever the moment calls for. Good for you!

Thank you for your generous review. I look forward to your return visit and trust Espiritu Santo Isla will be at the top of your to do list.

Warm regards,