“Leticia - "A good choice"”
Review of Casa Tuscany Inn

Casa Tuscany Inn
Ranked #3 of 25 La Paz B&B and Inns
Mexico City, Mexico
“Leticia - "A good choice"”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My stay of five nights in Casa Tuscanny was a very pleasant one. Casa Tuscanny has an outstanding location in the dowtown area of La Paz only two blocks away from the waterfront. Since the street is very quiet it is a good place to rest at night. There is a handful of restaurants nearby.
The room was very clean and nicely decorated and the delicious breakfasts served in the garden provide a friendly ambiance to persons travelling alone.
The information provided by Carol, the owner, about the town and surroundings was very helpful.
I highly recommend Casa Tuscanny as a good choice to lodge in La Paz and will definitely stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Leticia D
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Leticia,
Thank you for choosing Casa Tuscany for your stay. It was my pleasure hosting you and fun dining together. As a frequent single traveler myself, I enjoy those times I don't have to eat alone. Thank you for letting me join you for some good food and wonderful jazz. I admire your spunk and willingness to get out there to see and do whatever the moment calls for. Good for you!

Thank you for your generous review. I look forward to your return visit and trust Espiritu Santo Isla will be at the top of your to do list.

Warm regards,
Carol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you enjoy a quiet and friendly environment having your breakfast in a beautiful garden watching and listening to different kind of birds, specially humming birds, this is your vacation place.
If you are a picky person when it comes to your breakfast, this is your place. Carol will prepare it at your choice and sometimes will treat you with a surprise breakfast.
If you do not know what activities to do, Carol will advise you where and when to go. You have your own travel agent at your place. She can give you directions and maps at your convenience. We took a snorkling tour and a star gazing trip. We had the best time. I swam and played with a baby sea lion and saw an incredible school of dolphins. In the star gazing trip, we had the experience of watching the stars on a clear night in the middle of the dessert.We were able to see the rings of Saturn!. Nobody can beat that!. We were on a special farm where they treated us with a snack, almost a dinner (wine and home made goat cheeses).
If you are a fan of the beach, as we are, do not worry. Carol will supply with beach towels, umbrella, chairs and a cooler so you can have your lunch at the beach. Just like locals!
What else do you need?. Just ask Carol.
This is our place for our next La Paz vacation. We are plannng in bringing my granddaughter so she can also enjoy all of this.
Cristina and Ricardo Nochetto (from USA)

Room Tip: Romeo and Juliet room is the best one. It is located on a higher floor, very quiet and has a terrace...
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Cristina and Ricardo,
You make me feel like dancing! Thank you for your exceptional and well-written review. The pleasure was all mine in helping to show you best of La Paz - the beaches, Espiritu Santo island, the restaurants, the Malecon, and even a star-gazing adventure.

As someone once said, breakfast at Casa Tuscany is not a meal, it is an event. It is people like you that make this statement so. Thank you for sharing yourselves with others and for being a part of what makes Casa Tuscany special.

I wish you both well as the year progresses and as a new grandchild is welcomed into the family. I am looking forward to your return visit.

With special thanks and fond memories,
La Paz, Mexico
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Family stayed at Casa Tuscany recently after reading all the trip advisor reviews. What everyone said is right on. You can't beat the location. The Malecon is one block away. From fine dining to taco stands, it is all here in the heart of the city. Carol is an amazing host with excellent recommendations. She will arrange tours to Ispiritu Santo island, an outing not to be missed. Thank you, Carol. We will be back.

Room Tip: The family room is perfect for 3 or with kids.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
It was my pleasure to host you and members of your family. Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts with others and for your kind words. Location does matter, as you point out. I am delighted you found everything so accessible and enjoyable. I look forward to a future visit and, in the meantime, wish you safe travels on all your journeys.
Fondly,
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is the first review I have ever written on Tripadvisor and it is solely because of the wonderful experience I had with Carol and her delightful B&B in La Paz, Mexico. Not only was the room, setting and Breakfast excellent but Carol was a delight. When I asked about what to see and do in La Paz, she immediately brought out a map and marked all the sights. Telling me where to go for meals and even what to order. Her knowledge of La Paz and its attractions are a treasure for the first time traveler.

I highly recommend this B&B for couples traveling to La Paz for a romantic getaway.

CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. It was my pleasure to welcome you and share what I know about La Paz, trips to the island, and wonderful restaurants. Preparing delicious breakfasts for my guests is the highlight of my day. I am pleased you enjoyed everything so much.
Warm regards,
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We lucked out finding Carol's Casa Tuscany on Trip Advisor. All the glowing reports certainly proved to be true. We have just spent 5 nights here and had a wonderful time. Carol is a fantastic hostess. She welcomed us like family, and was able to offer us a choice of rooms. We chose the Firenze suite which is beautifully decorated with Mexican colours and artwork, as is her entire Casa. It is such an experience to sit and appreciate the serenity of the cleverly planted courtyard which abounds with bird life. The hummingbirds particularly caught our fancy, entertaining us while we were anticipating another of Carol's sumptuous breakfasts. The location is perfect for strolling on the malecon, and convenience for tours and activities, of which Carol has a wealth of knowledge. We will definitely be back soon.

Dear Wendi and George,
I am the fortunate one for your discovering Casa Tuscany on Trip Advisor. I admire your sense of adventure in traveling to various parts of Mexico with no particular plan. How fun it must be to look at the map and say, "Let's go there next." Not having a set itinerary allows for a good deal of exploring. I am delighted that Baja Sur and La Paz were part of that exploration.

Thank you for your generous comments on Trip Advisor. I look forward to your return visit and wish you well in your continuing yet undetermined travels. What fun!
Wishing you safe travels,
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Well I'll keep this short cause it doesn't have to be long. Me and my dad travelled for a bit in Baja California and were only planning on staying 2 nights in La Paz, but the nice breakfast, all the good tips and all the perfect service made us decide the first day that it would be 3 nights. And what a good choice!
Carol and her B&B deserves all the awards and praise it seems to have already gotten.
Keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you, Emil (and dad), for choosing Casa Tuscany for your Baja visit. Extending your stay to three days instead of two tells me that La Paz was more than you expected and that Casa Tuscany more than met your expectations. I hope the remainder of your Baja travels was as fun as your trip to Espiritu Santo Island, as relaxing as the white sandy beaches of La Paz, and as delectable as the great restaurants near by.

I wish you well in your continuing studies at university in Sweden and congratulate you in a completing a successful study program in Mexico.
Warmly,
California
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was my third trip to LaPaz and Casa Tuscany but this time I brought my daughter for her first visit. She had been working very hard and for her birthday I thought La Paz and Casa Tuscany would be the perfect get-away vacation; we were not disappointed! Carol was the perfect hostess, the weather was beautiful and the location ideal. We relaxed, enjoyed the tranquil atmosphere of the inn as well as the delicious food and comfortable accommodations. The Inn is such a peaceful place, close to the water, shops and restaurants. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: The Romeo & Juliet Room is special!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Coast Dweller,
What can I say? Your return to Casa Tuscany and your generous comments on Trip Advisor affirm that my goal to provide outstanding customer service, yummy breakfasts, and comfortable accommodations continues to be met. It is rewarding to welcome repeat guests and even more so when they bring along other family members to share the experience with. Thank you!