“Quality you can trust” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nim

Nim
Ranked #2 of 290 Restaurants in La Paz
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
LaPaz,baja sur, mexico
“Quality you can trust”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Nim is consistently great food....
The Rueben Sandwich is the flavor favorite of myself and many of my local friends here in LaPaz...
Oysters Rockerfeller is another tasty treat and well prepared ...
This is a place that can be trusted to always serve great fare....Ambience and service is good as well...
I come back whenever I get the chance....

• Visited April 2014

San Francisco, California
“Nothing to write home about...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Nim was touted as a great place to dine, but after getting the latin hustle from our waiter we opted to revert to speaking Spanish to avoid all the sales pitch. From what my friend told me I was expecting something creative and inspired, but what we saw on the menu was a dissapointment; pedestrian dishes with a fancy presentation and nothing more.
My partner ordered the shrimp and i ordered something else, the two most interesting items on the menu, and they were completely lacking in character, flavor, and texture. As a chef and restaurant owner I can easily tell the difference in a fluffy presentation and a well thought out dish, and Nim had nothing to do with the latter whatsoever.
i suppose that if you want pretty presentation and don't mind eating flavorless fare, then you should be happy at NIM. I personally think the name of the place is hinting at the joke they are playing on the Gringos (my partner was the only Mexican dining there that evening), Nim being a condensation of Ni Modo, which translates to: we must accept what we cannot change, however we don't have to accept their insipid selections by choosing any of the other restaurants in La Paz that actually have flavor in their dishes.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Barkissimo
Jalisco, Mexico
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Been to Nim twice. From the moment you walk in the door until leaving totally happy, it is a wonderful experience. Ambiance, staff, service and the amazing food that comes out of the kitchen. It is our "go to" restaurant. Will be celebrating two very special birthdays in a week and we are so looking forward to enjoying our evening at Nim.

• Visited December 2013
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Nim was a lovely surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had the pleasure of dining at Nim last night. We had a large group (7) and we were accommodated easily without reservations. The service was prompt and we were treated with a phyllo appetizer on the house while we waited for our meals, as well as warm, freshly baked bread with an herbed butter. (My grandmother would have been pleased). I had the chicken mole and it was flavorful, fresh and served with rice and steamed vegetables. I wasn't able to finish it all! We decided to taste a couple of desserts and were delightfully satisfied with the waiter's choices of a moist and unusual baklava with homemade vanilla ice-cream and a chocolate chip lava cake served with chocolate -chocolate chip ice cream (the best I've ever had). The restaurant itself is very open and noisy, without much decor. That is the only reason my review is a 4 and not a 5.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
colrain
“Low key but high flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Nim is away from the Malecon with its touristy all-you-can-eat joints, but its well worth the 3 block detour. Minimalist and creative, with a hip vibe, the nouvelle cuisine has a distinctly local flavor. And what good flavor it is! Prices are reasonable, wait staff is friendly, and this is one of the few places to get good wine in all of La Paz centro. Try the pork tenderloin with cauliflower puree and pine nuts, or any of the many seafood dishes. Bueno provecho!

• Visited March 2014