“The food did not agree with me”
Review of Nim

Nim
Ranked #2 of 308 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“The food did not agree with me”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Four of us and we all ordered different items on the menu. I had the Vietnamese Pho and chocolate brownie for a dessert. I could not get back to the hotel fast enough. It totally did not agree with me. As for the food itself, it was bland, not much flavor. Service was great, waiter was very nice. Only for the food, I would not recommend it.

1 Thank ammarson

London, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Fantastic food in a super hip, ultra modern, urban restaurant. I recommend to have diner in the patio

Visited December 2013
1 Thank MimiLovesIslands
California
“Great food, beautiful restaurant! Must try!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Saw the restaurant from Aramburo Supermarket, and stopped by to check out menu. It was eclectic & a welcoming change from typical Mexican fare. The restaurant is beautifully designed with modern inspirations from the tree called Nim. Went back for dinner with another family. Food was met beyond our expectations. The mixed ceviche was to die for with coconut milk, cilantro, limes and fresh seafood. My hubby loved the beef carpaccio with drizzle of balsamic vinegar, arugula and shaved parmesan. We all pretty much ordered the same thing for dinner - Pho! Piping hot noodle soup with tender pieces of beef & pork tenderloin, couple pieces of colossal shrimp, and lots of veggies - so yummy! We had room for dessert - banana flambé with scoop of ice cream. Yupp, that was good. And did I mention the cadillac margarita was one of the best we've had in La Paz. And well entertainment was great too! The rocking mariachis were awesome and oh so talented - worth the $15 we paid for a few songs.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank CeCe L
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A safe bet on quality and flavor”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Eaten her five times. Four out of five were great.
They have a varied but hard to quantify menu. Appears they have chosen to prepare
what they know. Works for us.
They are experinced restruanters. If you want it a certain way just ask.
The chef, Christina, probably knows how to do it.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Steve92009
La Paz, Mexico
“Nice menu. Good Service”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I dined here recently with friends. The menu is eclectic. There is not a great selection, but the choices they do have are very special. I ordered the filet medium rare. It was way over cooked and tough as shoe leather. I sent it back and ordered the lamb. It takes a while to prepare your order because nothing is prepared ahead of time, making everything really fresh. The lamb was very good with wonderful flavors. Dessert was amazing. The carrot cake was so good that I took half home to enjoy the next day.

Go here. Order the lamb or the pork. The salads are also excellent and fresh. Pass on the steak.

• Visited November 2013