“Clean rooms and Pet-friendly”

Casabuena Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 26 La Paz B&B and Inns
Keller, Texas
“Clean rooms and Pet-friendly”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The best way to describe this facitily is that it is like a compound. It is behind a wall with a drive-thru gate and a walk-through door. We loved the fact that our vehicle was safe and secure. We stayed in an upstairs room that had a deep bathtub. The room we were in gave us fast access to the wifi (we requested that and the owner accommodated us). The owner was very friendly and helpful about walking to a place to eat. It was dark when we set out so we decided to drive into town and find a different restaurant instead. We missed breakfast in the common area but other reviewers have stated they enjoyed it and also enjoyed visiting with other travelers. The only drawback I saw is that the facility, overall, needs to be cleaned up. There was quite a bit of junk laying around and it really detracted from the loveliness of the property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kimberly T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Once again Casa Buena was the right choice for our family. It truly feels like our home away from home. The owners could not be any more friendly. This time I took advantage of the location, just a ten minute walk to the Malecon I started my day jogging by the sea, a great way to start the day! Good price, good rooms and a wonderful atmosphere. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Iza O
Novate Milanese, Italy
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I didn't know Casa Buena I was dierected there from another hotel which couldn't accommodate me and it was such a nice warm place that I decide to stay there in my last days in La Paz. My room was huge with a kitchenett which I never used but would avoid spending money on a restaurant in case you didn't want to. The room and bed were spotless clean and it was such a pleasure to have muffins home made by Susu in the morning or during the day whenever you want it. I felt so at home that I wouldn't leave!When I asked for more blanketa as i felt cold I was immediately provided with. Have you ever stayed in a place where you can wake up with the birds singing? well that is also the place and it's close to downtown La Paz and you may make lots of nice new friends.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank vanna22
Seattle
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We planned to spend two nights we end up staying four. We wanted clean, air condition, close to malecon with secured parking for our rental car - we found it at Casabuena. It's a cool relaxed place to chill and relax after a busy day exploring and eating our way through La Paz. Breakfast was plentiful, cereals, breads, coffee, tea, fruits, etc. The laundry across the street was a bonus, 60 pesos for a big basket of laundry. The owners Milton and Su Su were super accommodating even though we were last minute guests.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LonelyOne
Stoughton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This is the second time my dad and I have stayed here on our short term missions trips to La Paz. Both times were great! Nothing like coming back from a long day at the work site and taking a HOT shower and relaxing in the commons room/kitchen. Milton and his wife are very friendly and helpful. Casabuena is clean and quiet and is definitely worth every penny. Gated and secure and feel very safe! A nice breakfast every morning is also a plus! Hope to come back for years to come!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Like an oasis in the middle of a desert. Most definitely a true pet friendly place to stay. Beautiful landscaping invites you in as soon as you enter the yard. The common room is a great gathering place to meet your fellow travelers and have a coffee and chat. Within walking distance of the malecon. A truly wonderful place to stay. Look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Gotha, Thüringen, Germany
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This place is perfect for people who like it familiar! My husband and me spend a week there and we really enjoyed it. The rooms are cosy and clean, all of them with a privat bathroom. In the morning everybody meets in the big american-style-kitchen. There´s always a hot coffee waiting for you and a simple but good breakfast (cereals, milk, fruit, toast and fresh, homemade muffins). If you want/need more you can buy everything in a big and well sorted crocery near by and keep it in the fridge. Everything you need for cooking you can find in the kitchen. There´s also a computer to use the internet for free. Outside you can relax on the pool. The owners are very friendly and funny people and children are more than welcome.Dogs too. I would go there again everytime! Hope you´ll have a great time there!

Anja & Jens from Germany