We stayed here for a week and our group was 11 people (2 families) with kids ranging from 10-17.
I would definitely come back to this resort but would NOT BOOK THIS SPECIFIC PROPERTY
- community is quiet, safe, peaceful. Very nice.
- calm water. Very nice geography
- this house is right on the beach - can see whales from the house. Can swim with whale sharks by kayaking from the house
- nice layout. Nicely built
- BUT needs a lot of maintenance (see below) and we had substantial issues
- booking was easy
- Martha is a great cook (but see below)
- it feels like it hasn't had a good clean in years. Mold in the shower, sticky floors etc
- needs maintenance. Missing light bulbs, shower handle falls off, cupboard handles missing etc
- wifi didn't work. I had to call Humberto each day. They had folks come to look at it. They even had the maid/cook Martha try to fix it and this just made her angry and unpleasant with us after that. Never had wifi
- hot tub had no heat. NO HEAT. Humberto said they were waiting for parts. That's not good enough for me. A pool vacation isn't a vacation without a hot tub
- dishwasher was terrible. Martha washed dishes and they came out filthy. So we had to wash our dishes every day. Not cool
- car. They claimed to have a car for us to use in the resort. It didn't work. They had a mechanic there to fix it and he tried and left. So no car.
- had to ask every day for Martha to clean. If you don't ask, she doesn't do it. Period
-Martha never once thanked us for our tipping. And we tipped her $100/day for the first few days. Not even a smile
-had to ask her EVERY DAY 'can we have the towels washed'. And had to ask for more towels. 8 towels for 11 people is obviously not enough
-Spanish-English wasn't the issue because we speak Spanish.
- when we arrived the house was set up for 8 people (beds made for 8) even though there were 11 of us. So we called and she came back - angrily- and pulled out a few cots. One cot was set up in the hallway! Then she was leaving and we had to ask her to put sheets on the beds! Then ask for a top sheet. Then ask for pillows. Each time she rolled her eyes and tried to leave the house. It's not that complicated....11 people need 11 places to sleep with sheets and pillows.
- she bossed the kids around to set the table, bring dishes to the dishwasher etc.
- we departing on a Saturday and she said we couldn't use the kayaks from Thurs night on because she had to wash them. We had to work on her schedule vs our schedule
- she added pool chemicals at 11 am one day and said 'no use pool today'. Seriously? Can't use the pool for the entire day? Add the chemicals at night or on departure day.
So the conclusion is this...the resort is nice but BOOK ANOTHER PROPERTY
If you are looking for a rental in a utopian location that has every convenience you would need on vacation look no further. The photos do not do justice to the property. If you are able to drag yourself inside from the pool you'll find a fully equipped kitchen, laundry, spacious bedrooms and beautifully appointed bathrooms. Communication with Humberto was easy and Martha greeted us warmly upon arrival with appetizers. We went as a couple but the villa could easily accommodate a large group comfortably. You can choose to simply relax in the outdoor space or take advantage of the provided kayaks and paddle boards. There is something for everyone. We can't wait to return!
Don't know where to start. Since the beginning Humberto assisted us in all of our pre arrangement needs. I was so worried with a large group of 12 and ages from 75-18months, that this trip was going to be hard to accomadate... Boy was I wrong. The House was just amazing, it was clean, pool was fantastic, rooms large and comfortable. Then you step out to soft sand to a perfect calm beach. If that wasn't enough then there was Martha, absolutely everyone wanted to bring her back home ( if she would have fit in our luggage we would!) So accomadating made sure everything and everyone was satisfied. Humberto set up a day boating trip to espirto santo island. And OMG! Best ever. He took care of everything. It was just perfect. Can't wait to come back, planning on it real soon.
House is amazing; in perfect condition with amazing views and so family friendly to host dinner parties, cocktail hours, or to have a peaceful, quiet getaway. I spent hours each day and night in the pool and spa looking at the sky and stars. We had an outstanding stay and looking forward to visiting again soon. This was my third trip to La Paz in the past 6 months, and without a question the most enjoyable due to this home
I knew it was going to be good. But this was an excellent vacation thanks to this property and its location. We were two couples with our young adult kids. 8 in Total in a very comfortable layout that can handle more people. The house has amazing views with colored dawns and sunsets. Martha (property manager) keeps this property like new. She also arranged our tour to Isla Espiritu Santo. Additionally, she is also an excellent cook and I definitely recommend to try her menu that goes from simple Mexican memelas and taquitos, to sophisticated Mexican Haute Cuisine recipes.
Travel to the Marina in La Paz is only 15 minutes (6 minutes from Villa to dock plus 5–7 minutes on water taxi/ferry. We swan with dolphins no more 100 yards from the Villa.
This villa has everything for a group of 5 or more. It has a comfortable living area, sat TVs in every room, Wi-Fi, pool (great), spa, bbq, wet-sauna, wet bar, safety, etc.
Very clean on arrival, and Martha kept it clean every other day. I recommend this one for a group looking for extra amenities, convenient access, privacy, great views, good service, price and adventure. We stayed only for 5 nights and needed more. We are going back.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||Large groups|
We travelled for our first trip to La Paz which included 4 adults and 4 children, We found the property through VRBO and the pictures we saw online were beautiful, but when we actually arrived, the place was beyond what we expected,if I could give this property 10 stars I would. Our initial shopping was taken care of by Martha and we also had her come in a few times and cook some of her delicious food for us. The only issue with this house is that we never wanted to leave.
We had very affordable golf on a good course, we sea kayaked with the whale sharks, dolphins were jumping and whales were breaching out front of the house. The beach is clean and quite and is very safe for the young children to swim in as the water is very shallow out front and the waves are small.
We travelled from Whitehorse, Yukon in Northern Canada and are already looking at booking this property again for next year.
Thanks to Humberto and Martha for helping make this trip the most enjoyable and relaxing vacations we have ever had.
See you next winter.