“Tasty! Cultured! Fun!”

Buen Provecho
San Francisco
“Tasty! Cultured! Fun!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went to one of the first classes taught at Buen Provecho in La Paz. Chef Denise and cultural guide Renée are a delight. They are great teachers, focusing on food, culture and history of Mexican cuisine. We cooked one of the best fish dishes (ever) that was a pleasure to share with the whole cooking class. And that, along with all the other fantastic dishes and learning, was just the beginning. We will definitely go back and learn more on our next visit to La Paz.

Visited October 2012

Seattle, Washington
6 attraction reviews
“Simply Fabulous, loads of fun, and a fantastic cooking experience!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently had three gastronomically fabulous, five-star meals at Buen Provecho in La Paz and the best part was I helped prepare them all with the help and guidance of Chef Denise Elliott complimented by the delightful cultural and historical grounding on Mexican food provided by Renee Lagloire! Armed with a truly amazing array of local provisions, delectable recipes and a wonderful assortment of other students we managed to turn out meals that were simply fabulous. At each of my 3 cooking classes, I also made a host of new "friends", learned to make everything from tortillas to mango sorbet and had the time of my life. If any of the readers of this review ever get within 100 miles of La Paz I would would only say, "if you miss "Buen Provecho, it will be a real shame".

Portland, Oregon, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ture Mexican Foodie Experience!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is a wonderful way to spend an evening, meet new friends and cook an incredible gourmet Mexican dinner. Chef Denise Elliott walked us through the evenings recipes explaining the ingredients and methods particular to Mexico and Renée Lagloire spoak about the history and social significance of the plants and spices we'd be using. It was truly fascinating. Then we broke into pairs and each cooked two of the dishes. At the end there is so much delicious food you have plenty to take back for meals later in the week. It was the best dinner I ever had in Mexico!

Aloha, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An extraordinary cooking experience”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

What an amazing bit of luck, to find one of the best cooking schools we've ever been to, in my favorite town of La Paz, MX. The instructors were patient, informative and wonderful coaches. The classes worked well for my husband, who is quite the gourmet chef,as well as for myself, and I generally don't like to cook... We will definitely try out these recipies at home. The fun, family like atmosphere between all of us students trying to learn, added to the adventure. The menu featured traditional meals, explained thoroughly by our talented instructors who provided us with both a historical and cultural context for the food we prepared. In all honesty I have never eaten better Mexican food... and we prepared it ourselves... with plenty of left overs to take home. I'm going back next Fall for more classes!

Santa Rosa, Ca
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Creative, delicous recipes, hands on fun!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just got home from La Paz, where the weather was glorious, the sea and beaches were beautiful, and the cooking classes were so much fun. I loved Denise's recipes--I learned a lot about local foods and the blending of flavors-- and the food history shared by Renee was fascinating. It was fun and relaxed, and the best part: each clas finsihed with an amazing feast!