“An extraordinary cooking experience”
Review of Buen Provecho

Buen Provecho
Aloha, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An extraordinary cooking experience”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

What an amazing bit of luck, to find one of the best cooking schools we've ever been to, in my favorite town of La Paz, MX. The instructors were patient, informative and wonderful coaches. The classes worked well for my husband, who is quite the gourmet chef,as well as for myself, and I generally don't like to cook... We will definitely try out these recipies at home. The fun, family like atmosphere between all of us students trying to learn, added to the adventure. The menu featured traditional meals, explained thoroughly by our talented instructors who provided us with both a historical and cultural context for the food we prepared. In all honesty I have never eaten better Mexican food... and we prepared it ourselves... with plenty of left overs to take home. I'm going back next Fall for more classes!

Visited March 2013

Santa Rosa, Ca
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Creative, delicous recipes, hands on fun!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just got home from La Paz, where the weather was glorious, the sea and beaches were beautiful, and the cooking classes were so much fun. I loved Denise's recipes--I learned a lot about local foods and the blending of flavors-- and the food history shared by Renee was fascinating. It was fun and relaxed, and the best part: each clas finsihed with an amazing feast!

Visited March 2013
stratford,canada
“hands - on and fun”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Recently I enjoyed the cooking classes in LaPaz Mexico at Buen Provecho.
The two gals who operate the school are so capable and informed.
The approach is hands - on, really fun.
Dining on the results after each class is divine.
Thank you, Denise y Renee for a wonderful week.
I will return as soon as the breeze takes me that way again.

Los Barriles, Mexico
“Nothing Left to Say”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

**Buen Provecho provided a thoroughly enjoyable learning and cooking experience in a professional yet user-friendly environment.
**Denise and Renee worked well as a team with both offering their expertise and wisdom with good humor.
**Jim and I left inspired and will certainly be back.
Mil gracias!

Bellingham, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very fun night out, well worth doing”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went to a cooking class at Buen Provecho with two neighbors from our condo. It made a great break from our usual routines, especially in the cold, windy winter weather, and ended up with a follow up Mexican dinner in our place, using our favorite recipes we learned from the class. Denise and Renee are great hosts and teachers and have a wonderful kitchen set-up for classes on Mexican cuisine. Thanks a lot and I'll be back!

Val Davies