“true, it's good food”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 21, 2013

will echo the many reviews (the whole reason we stopped by). excellent mexican brunches. the map is wrong - the location is at the far north end of the malecon in the hotel el moro. the coconut-orange juice was excellent. the french toast was extremely rich, so we got rid of the cream cheese/ricotta mixture. the huevos rancheros are in fact delicious. and the coffee was great. yum.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hot weather of La Paz is amazing, it's nice to get away from all the stress of daily life, and melt in the warmth. hanging out and having fun always leaves me famished in the morning, so it wonderful to be able to enjoy some very civilized and exceptional food at Sunrise Cafe. I had to go back every morning to try all the different deliciousness. My favorite would have to be the corned beef hash... but I love french toast and they serve up the worlds finest.
go out have some fun and then in the morning start your day right in this wonderful breakfast place.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Spotted the Cash Only sign at the end of my meal. Thought you should know before you sit down!

Went for Eggs Benny and hubby had spanish tortilla. His food was very good; salsas were ok. I always order Eggs Benedict when out for breakfast and I have eaten some amazing eggs in other places. The Hollandaise was DELICIOUS. Lemony and thick. But the eggs were overcooked (hardboiled) and not as hot as I would like. Small serving of potatoes and some fruit as side dishes. Good coffee.

The restaurant was VERY busy at 10:00 am on a Sunday. We had to wait quite a while, but nothing could be done about this and we were not complaining. Serving staff worked hard and were great.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The breakfast at Sunrise was so good, I returned for lunch. I was glad I did! A large selection of salads, including an incredible shrimp and spinach with honey mustard sauce, many original sandwiches (try the chile rellono burger), coconut mango shrimp, and delicious tortilla soup made deciding way too hard...and so I went back again and again!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great restaurant with spectacular food! This place has something for everyone. If you're near the El Moro Hotel this is a great stop to make, and the location is on the water with a very nice view. The staff was friendly and attentive and I will be back the next time I am in La Paz.