“What a tremendous experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The One Baja

The One Baja
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a luxury VIP Yacht Charter service. We offer Island Tour Adventures, Family Adventures, SCUBA, snorkeling, Kayaking, Water Skiing, Wake Boarding, World Class Sport Fishing and restaurant quality food and beverage service. Think Jacques Cousteau meets Emeril Lagasse and you have an idea what our service is all about.
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a tremendous experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband, best friend and I enjoyed a wonderful night and day with Capt Kenny and Capitana Mariel. We wanted to go out pretty far to catch some fish which meant we needed to get up early to leave so we slept on the boat the night before. I was amazed at how comfortable it was. There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms on the boat so we had plenty of room. The boat left the dock at 4:30am while I soundly slept below. I awoke to Kenny's amazing breakfast burritos and continued to eat wonderful food throughout the day! We fished all day and had a blast. Kenny and his crew do everything for you - you just have to reel them in! We took the fish back to Paraiso del Mar and the chef at the pool bar made ceviche for us and grilled the rest for dinner. There truly is nothing better than fresh caught fish. We had a wonderful experience and plan to do it again! You will always have a great day with Kenny and Mariel on the Samurai.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lisa C
CaptainKenny, Owner at The One Baja, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you Lisa for coming out with us on the Samurai, we really had a great time! Mariel, Lalo and I will look forward to our next fishing adventure.....next time we will get JC that BIG Marlin he has been dreaming of! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help make your next adventure even better. As always it was our sincere pleasure to serve you. Best regards, Captain Kenny

Spring, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazing family boat trip on the Sea of Cortez”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family and I just returned to Houston from a recent trip to La Paz. My husband really wanted to go out on a boat and do some fishing as well as snorkeling to see the sea lions. Being a prissy city girl, fishing and snorkeling aren't really my kinda things, but wanting to make my husband happy, my 12 year old daughter and I agreed to go out on Captain Kenny's luxurious and impressive boat. Not knowing what to expect at all, we were so happy to be greeted first thing in the air conditioned cabin, with delicious, local pan dulces (sweet bread), fruit, yogurt, granola, and coffee. It was just the beginning to what would be a great day at sea. About 2 hours into the trip, we saw tons of dolphins and got some great pictures. It was something I'd never seen up close before and it was so beautiful to see that many dolphins swimming and jumping the the pretty, blue sea. Just after, Captain Kenny's gorgeous and sweet wife, Mariel, made THE most delicious breakfast tacos with guacamole and refried beans. We gobbled them down fast! Being from Texas, we take our breakfast tacos seriously and these were the best I've ever had. After a while, we made it to the big sea lion colony. I was in shock to see how big some of these sea lions are. Mariel told me one of them is called, "Grandpa" and I could see why. He was very old and HUGE! There were also some little babies, so that was cute to see. Mariel drove us out in the dinghy and we slipped on the snorkel gear to take a closer look at them. I have to admit, I was a little freaked out by the thought of getting really close to them, so I stayed back a bit and snorkeled around from a distance. My husband and daughter got pretty close to them and really enjoyed the experience. After snorkeling, Mariel made us nachos with ALL the trimmings and we loved every delicious bite. Also along the way, Mariel made ceviche with scallops and it was to die for. Even my 12 year old loved it. We then ventured on to a deserted beach, where Lalo, one of the crew, brought us to the shore in the dinghy. I have to say that Kenny and Mariel are so fortunate to have this fine young man working with them. He is about to go to college and he is kind, intelligent, and very attentive. He will really go far in life as I was so impressed with the great job he is able to do at such a young age. After exploring the deserted island, we went back to the boat where a steak dinner with mashed potatoes and vegetables, and red wine were waiting for us. So delicious. For dessert, we had coffee and pie. We were so full and satisfied and could hardly keep our eyes open as the sun was setting, we were so relaxed. I would highly recommend a trip to sea with Kenny, Mariel and Lalo. You will be shown a great time and you will eat delicious food along the way. The Sea of Cortez is very smooth and calm and you won't need to worry if you suffer from motion sickness. My daughter gets motion sickness very easily and only once did she need to go lie down in one of the beds (air conditioned cabin!). After a brief rest, she was back enjoying the day and did not experience any more problems. I never thought with her problem with motion sickness that she would ever be able to go out on a boat for hours. This trip proved that she could and I encourage anyone that is prone to motion sickness to not let that stop you from going on this boat trip. I am also somewhat prone to motion sickness and had NO problem at all. Also, if you aren't a fisherman, it's still fun to see someone else bring in a giant fish. It was so exciting when my husband reeled in the colorful Dorado. As I mentioned before, I don't fish or snorkel and I had a great time just taking in the scenery of the BEAUTIFUL Sea of Cortez and eating tons of delicious food. Even a prissy girl like me, had an amazing time riding in style on Kenny and Mariel's boat. I'm so glad we went on this adventure!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank ChicaDulce131
Laguna Niguel, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The boy's excellent adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

What a great adventure and first class operation. Capt Kenny went out of his way to make sure my guest were always well attended and having a good time. The yacht is top notch and super comfortable, the cervezas were always cold the food excellent. The crew were great, I never had an empty hand! We fished 2 great days between Ceralvo and El Bajo, and anchored up in Isla Partida and Balandra, what a treat to jump in to the Sea of Cortez after a day of fishing! Kenny took care of us from the moment we arrived till the moment we left, never felt lost! If you are thinking about taking a trip to La Paz, Samurai will not disappoint!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Ron O
CaptainKenny, Owner at The One Baja, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Hey Ron, thanks again for the trip with the boys! We are looking forward to another great season here in South Baja. Hopefully we can get you down here to fish for some fat Marlin and Tuna! Give us a call and let's hook something up soon Amigo! Best regards, Capt Kenny
Los Cabos
“Alejandro y Tere.....Best Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a great time in our trip around the Isla del Espiritu Santo aboard the Samurai, we went snorkeling with sea lions, visited different secluded beaches, did some kayaking...it was just great!!!

My relatives from Mexico city loved it and my kids had an unforgettable experience. Definitely will come back with more friends and family pretty soon.

Thanks to Kenny and Mariel who did their best to make our trip so much fun and even took pictures of all of us.

Gracias!

Visited July 2012
CaptainKenny, Owner at The One Baja, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Gracias Alejandro for your trip aboard Samurai. Mariel and I had a great time with you! Be sure and post some of your pictures to your review if you get a chance. We got some really great shots....seems like we just couldn't take a bad photo of you and your beautiful family! The kids were amazing and so courteous! It was our pleasure to serve you. Nos Vemos Pronto! Best regards, your Captains Kenny and Mariel.
San Diego, California
“Always a MUST in Baja!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

No matter what kind of experience your looking for Captain Kenny and his crew will put their heart and soul into making you happy! This will be the best part of your trip! It's always mine!

Visited August 2011