“$$$$$”

Ranked #23 of 308 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Vos no te podes perder nuestros tipicos cortes de carne naturales, sin mascaras y asados lentamente a las brasas para preservar su jugosidad. Perfumados con el exquisito aroma a lena disfruta de asado de tira, bife, churrasco, costilla cargada con y sin hueso, lechones, matambritos, pamplonas, picana, pulpon, rack de cordero y vacio con chimichurri criollo. Ademas de los tradicionales aperitivos: empanadas criollas, provoletta, chorizo criollo, morcilla, chinchulines, mollejas y rinones a las brasas."PORQUE SABEMOS DE CARNE"
Alexandria, Virginia
“$$$$$”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is definatively the place for great beef. Having said that, the prices are really out of proportion. I consider it very expensive for an evening out. There is a service person who speaks perfect English - she worked for many years in Las Vegas. Atmosphere is very good and comfortable.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank TheTravellers42

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Bad food bad service high price”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We went to the Estancia Uruguay on the recommendation of another nearby restaurant that was full. It was dark and hard to read the menu. The service was poor. We waited a long time to get a menu, a long time between receiving the menu and ordering, and getting the bill when we wanted to leave took forever (over 20 minutes from when we asked for the bill to receiving it). I did not get what I ordered (my meal was supposed to have vegetables but didn't), but wasn't going to complain at the time as clearly I wasn't interested in waiting any longer. The empanadas were mediocre. The meat was tough. Our red wine was iced (is this usual in Uruguay?) and the price for a house wine was ludicrous (we were charged ($US10 per glass) and we couldn't question it as we had not been offered a wine list so had simply ordered in the expectation that a house wine would be of a reasonable price.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank JDG1946
Roseville, California
“Best beef I've ever had”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I'd never eaten Uruguayan food before, so didn't know what to expect. It was fantastic. Great assortment of appetizers, and beef entrees to die for. I ate the most tender and delicious steak of my life. And the portions were huge!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dennis F
Vancouver
“FANTASTIC!!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We visited Estancia Uruguaya Parrilla Restaurant on Sunday night for some of the most delicious empanadas I have EVER experienced! Yes, here in La Paz! To top it off... Gerardo and his lovely wife Alex brought to our table an assortment platter of meats cooked on their open-pit grill. Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable!
Yes, their meats are so flavourful, but for the vegetarians out there... they have many delicious options. My wife (the vegetarian) had the Oliva empanadas that night, but the spinach version looked good as well.
We'll be back for sure! Great service, relaxing atmosphere... a great dining experience!

• Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
“Beef Lover's Paradise”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My favorite places to dine in La Paz! The staff is friendly and courteous. The restaurant is very quaint. The owner, Gerardo, does all the cooking on his woodfire grill. The beef is simply the best I have ever had, anywhere. And I live in Texas!! If you ask, he will bring out the beef on a platter and allow you to select your own type and cut. My favorite is "the pulpon" which is basically a flank steak but it is seasoned to perfection. The portions are huge. The cost is not.
A great place to dine alone or with friends.
This is one of the first places I visit when I come to La Paz.

• Visited March 2012