All reviews cortez club sunset bar private beach the beach is nice rooms are small star resort sea lions free shuttle common areas watch the sunset condo fishing cabo beaches margaritas poolside bay
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019

The staff at the front desk was rude, I had purchased a "breakfast plan" for my reservation of 2 adults and 2 children, they didn't respect that and charged me for the 2 minors…. Very small amount, it's not that what bothered me but their attitude of "the customer is wrong". I later came back to show them my receipt and wanted to reimburse me but I let them keep the money, like I said it's not the money but the awful customer service.
The rooms are outdated and run down, one has to go to front desk to sign and get pool towels.
Staff at restaurant didn't even greet us when we arrived, overall a never again experience for me and my family. Stay at city express.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Wow, very slow service from the waiter who treated us degrade human because we spoken a different language and impaired hearings but didn’t speak English nor Espanol and didn’t bother to check us or explain to us what’s include breakfast we have tickets to option which meal or drink. He is just quick to put fruits on the plates on us of 3 families and one coffee on me without sugar & butter/jam for toasts. The waiter more takes care of other customers and focus than us which unacceptable for us. Yes, we slept here 2 times and found same SLOW service and new bad experience for us from waiter treated us lousy this morning. This hotel didn’t realize how to value customers to be happy, if not then we will not come back here ever again.

PS. FUTURE customers, this restaurant from hotel absolutely extreme slow service. Wow.. Even they gave me half banana with hot oatmeal and for our daughter this morning than describe from the menu- it did not mention ”HALF BANANA” Most menu lists a bit overpriced for small amounts.

Oh one more thing is when we came here to check in last night.. Its same old slow service when we were here 2 years ago. Wow, not improve at all. I should write this 2 years ago. So I did it now.

Hey Owner, please improve this for us and other valued customers. Thank you.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank xeizus
Reviewed January 29, 2019

We booked this hotel as our friends were staying living close by. NOT WORTH any money. It's in bad need of cleaning and renovation. Stay anywhere else!!! The pool and restaurant looked decent but we didn't indulge. We pulled the sheets back and there was hair in the bed. The floors were dirty and I was afraid to touch the light switch for fear of contracting something. It has great potential if renovated and hiring good cleaning staff. Sorry...

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Mex50
Reviewed January 15, 2019

The hotels needs lots of improvement. The rooms are small and bathrooms need a lot of help. The exterior is much better that the interior of this “Resort” The price is reasonable. The staff is not very accommodating.

Room tip: There no elevators. If you have physical problems choose the lower floors.
Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank paulinajacobs65
Reviewed January 4, 2019

I gave this hotel 3 stars mostly for its location. the rooms that we stayed in was clean, but the bathroom was finished in a rustic way. price in relation to what it is I would consider to be fair.
we (a party of 6, 4 adults and 2 kids) had lunch in the patio.
construction noise was only a bother when ceramic and rock slabs were being cut, and luckily the wind was blowing the dust away from us. tortilla soup was tasty, chipotle wings could have been mistaken for bbq wings, but overall no complaints.
That same evening we went to the diner with a group of 24. The kitchen and waiter were clearly in over their heads. confusion, long delays were the norm. I had fish tacos that were bone dry, served without salsa or lime, and when i asked for a lime, it took 20 to get it. One of my childrens burgers was essentially a lump of charcoal.
Finally, the margaritas had a strong taste of bottom shelf tequila more akin to cabo san lucas dive bars, than a "resort hotel".
In conclusion, if you want a place to sleep this place will suffice. If you are looking to spend quality time with your family in a resort hotel, look elsewhere.
The hotel lobby is very nice.

Date of stay: December 2018