La Concha Beach Resort
$94
$170
$146
Hotels.com
Posada LunaSol Hotel(La Paz)(Great Value!)
$47
$46
Hotel Marina(La Paz)
$62
$56
Hyatt Place La Paz(La Paz)(Great Value!)
$79
$73
Hyatt.com
Seven Crown La Paz Centro(La Paz)(Great Value!)
$67
Club El Moro(La Paz)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Breakfast included
$490
$466
  • Pool
All reviewscortez clubsunset barprivate beachrestaurant onsitesmall balconyno elevatorpeso taxi ridethe beach is nicefishing tripbit datedocean viewfree shuttlequiet locationsea lionsexchange ratethe hotel is cleanwatch the sunset
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Friends were staying at La Concha, and told us they felt the rooms were excellent for the price. We joined them on the beach twice and had lunch by the pool on both occasions. Food and service were excellent! As with most restaurants in the La Paz area, seafood was great, and they make one of the best cheesecakes I have had in my life! Watch out for the margaritas: at $10 they sound expensive for Mexico, but I watched the bartender make them and they are in fact a triple drink! Real margaritas, properly prepared and huge!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night only, it was a quick overnight stay before I headed to Cabo Pulmo. It is a clean, comfortable hotel. Checkin and checkout process was easy and fast. Parking is easy (they have a parking lot). I didn't have time to use the private beach or beach amenities. The beach seemed small. Hotel is not close to downtown. You'll need a car or take a cab. It's probably only a 10 minute drive but not good for walking. There is a small pool, which I didn't have time to use. I stayed here because it had the best price and I just needed a place to stay overnight.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The hotel was a little hard to find and to actually get too. Once we arrived and got into the lobby,we were welcomed by very nice people. I sat on the couch while my husband got us checked in. The lobby was nice and the grounds looked very nice. On our walk to our room, I was a little concerned at how old it looked. As we got to our door, I was really worried because the door did not even fit properly. There was large gaps all around it. Large enough for something to fly or crawl in. Then we get into the room......... Dirty, smelly, small, old hard torn dirty mattresses and an ash tray on the bed side table with about 30 cigarette butts in it. Yes I cried, and yes we left. Told them at the front desk how nasty the room was. Nothing was done for us, we even had to pay for the night but went to a beautiful hotel down the road.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Arielle D
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is quite a ways from downtown La Paz for walking, but right on the beach with a beautiful pool area and common rooms. The actual room was a bit of a disappointment and our room (9) was behind the bar at the pool so not a good view and had a large light shining in the windows all night, but the bed was comfortable, shower water pressure was great, the a/c worked great and it had a small fridge in the room, so all in all we were pleased. The staff was excellent and very helpful.
The roadwork made it quite a challenge to actually figure out how to get onto the hotel grounds, think they should have a temporary sign, took us 3 tries to find it.
We only had breakfast once, but it was good and the prices were reasonable.

Room Tip: Think not being on the ground floor would be a better view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We recently stayed at La Concha while exploring La Paz. The staff was very accommodating and courteous, especially Tannia (?) who honored a last minute Hotels.com price quote. The hotel is a bit off the Malecon, but is one of the few places to stay right on the beach. Getting to La Concha is a little challenging given the road construction going on at the moment. The inside lobby has a Thai inspired theme, which I didn't quite "get", but is pretty and comfortable. The grounds are lovely and there is a really great pool with sea view. The hotel has kayaks you can use to explore the bay with for free as well. The rooms on the other hand need serious updating and somewhat of a disappointment compared to the rest of the hotel grounds. In fact our toilet seat was so worn that the white paint was missing in many areas (see picture)...seriously? You can't replace the toilet seat??? The hallways are stifling hot, but there is AC (albeit right next to the bed) in the rooms. Our room included a decent breakfast choice from about 5 or 6 possibilities. After staying at the magnificent Hotelito in Todos Santos, for approximately the same price, this place was a let down and probably only a 2.5.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple