“Paradise after Loretto”

La Concha Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in La Paz
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very nice and comfortable spot right on the beach just south of the picturesque capital of La
Paz. Restaurant food and service was excellent. Breakfast, especially was very good with
eggs, ham, chilaqauiles, fruit, juice, coffee, et al. Room had all the conveniences and was
very clean. We stayed here for two nights and each was very enjoyable, and it was easy to
go snorkeling and birding on the nearby islands.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank hplunkett

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night just to check out La Paz. Hotel is dated but clean and the bed was comfortable. Our stay came with a breakfast which was good also. Nice little beach area, the water is very clear and you can see colourful little fish without having to snorkel. The main downfall for me was I thought we could walk to town, which we did, but in the evening it's too far and dark, plus there is a section with no proper walkway. I would stay here for a short stay again but I would probably look for somewhere else for a stay of more than a day or two. As a side note ... La Paz was beautiful! Turquoise waters, beautiful beaches and an amazing boardwalk. Can't wait to go back and see more.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at La Concha for four days and had a great time. Staff were incredibly friendly and the location is great, right on the beach with a dive shop a short stroll away. The rooms could use some updating but they are clean and provide the basics. I would absolutely stay at La Concha again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellingcori
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is a lovely but it is an older Mexican hotel... on a beach just south of La Paz....It is a good value for what we paid, great location just outside the city and our booking included a lovely served breakfast each morning. Waitstaff was wonderful and very friendly. The restaurant had delicious food and the bar/pool area had a beautiful ocean view. The wedding reception on Saturday night ended by 11 pm and there was not an issue with noise. My husband and I went on a kayak adventure for a couple of hours...use is included in hotel stay. I had a massage and the next day a facial....in the spa. The exercise gym area is tiny. Excursions including snorkeling and scuba take off right there on the property.

I really liked the hotel, but we did have some issues with housekeeping service and it turns out our room door lock was malfunctioning so after a visit to the General Manager they moved us to a nearby room. Rooms are basic...no safe, no chain lock on door...no stopper in sink....glad I didn't lose any jewelry down the drain! But for what we paid including breakfast I still believe it is a good value for it's lovely location.

Would I stay there again? Well, I would stay in the privately owned La Concha condos next door which give you all the benefits of the hotel guests...that building is about 30 feet away from the hotel property..so it's very close. Before the trip, I had inquired about staying in a 1 bedroom unit that I found throught VRBO.com (Vacation Rental By Owner) but decided to stay at the hotel...the condo price was about $40 per night higher, but in retrospect it would have been a much nicer stay to have gone with the condo with basically the same hotel amenities....so next time I would stay in their condos.....and hang out at both the condo pool and the hotel pool. The hotel jacuzzi was not functioning and I was told they were going to remove it....bummer...as I like to book places with jacuzzis.....the condo had one.

The beach was mainly sandy but had some rocks and has some plant growths in the water....it's best to wear water shoes when entering the water....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PatriciaLa
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed for two days. Hotel restaurant (breakfast included) had a great meal and staff was excellent. The pool and outside landscaping is very nice. One section of the hotel is closed for repairs and the rest of the rooms tend to be noisy and need upgrading. The lobby and rest areas are spectacular with artifacts, pottery, woodwork, and plants. Noise in our room came from guests walking and talking outside of the door. Hotel is quite affordable but rooms need serious help.

Room Tip: ask for a room which is closer to the end of the walkway and perhaps on the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great hotel to use for scuba diving. Very carefree and friendly. Nothing fancy. Food is mediocre and the rooms are comfortable for your basic needs. A bit outdated but nothing worth complaining over. Short 2 minute walk to the Cortez Club dive center. I understand they are never usually busy and oftentimes have locals visit the facility over the weekends which adds to the company. I'd go back even knowing that one should not expect it to be a 3-5 star hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SRH_sea2020
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Good hotel but kind of lacking on maintenance, rooms are the right size for business but I'm not sure about a family staying for a week vacation. The pool looks like a nice place to be and the beach looks pretty nice too. The best part is the seafood broth at the restaurant, please order it! and you are welcome! Room service should be open 'till late not 10pm (for business travelers specially). Overall 3 stars, they can do better.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business