“Just a perfect stay in La Paz”
Review of Casa Jalisco

Casa Jalisco
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in La Paz
La Paz, Mexico
“Just a perfect stay in La Paz”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Again my family and I visited Casa Jalisco and like one year ago the service was excellent. Roberto, Juan and all the staff in the hotel makes our stay an confortable however they have open a nice restaurant with life music and the pool looks great, we stayed in one executive room that was magnificent, big bathroom, nothing of noise from the outside and the beds are perfects to have a nice dreams. so thank you GUYS keep going with that service I realy recommend you

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank robertolapaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I use Tripadvisor a lot as I have travelled to many different places all over the world. When I saw the reviews and ratings we decided to stay at Casa Jalisco.
We arrived and had to take a taxi from the waterfront as it was so far away from anything. When we arrived the hotel was so run down and nothing like the photographs on the website. It seriously needs a renovation. When you look at the pool area on the web, the photos show tress and grass and shaded areas, well now its just concrete with some sorry looking plant pots. The kitchen is tired and looks like it needs a good clean. I would advise anyone concidering this place to look around, you can get much superior accomodation for the same price in La Paz.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank MadHatterNY
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The staff was really helpful and the rooms were clean and quiet. No, it is not a resort experience if that is what you are looking for. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in town location this is great. Easy to get downtown or anywhere else you want to visit in LaPaz.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DCH2002
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I can see how people rate this hotel excellent and poor. First of all, it's not the Westin or any other resort. It's a small traditional guest house. For what you pay here, it's well worth the money. The hotel is not in the main downtown, tourist area, but it's not far. It's a cheap ($5USD) taxi ride. The hotel is clean and the staff are accommodating. It is in a neighborhood, not a "slum" as the previous reviewer posted. It's traditional Mexico. It's very very safe. If you've never been out of the USA then you might feel unsafe because it's different, but it's very safe.

The room was clean and offered additional amenities such as toiletries, iron, nice towels, tv, free internet, coffee, and bottled water.

There are many places to eat around here, but it's not like traditional american sit down restaurants. There are many food stands all around the area. This is traditional. If you want something like USA, then go downtown.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank trilobite01
central coast nsw
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I feel compelled to write a review as Trip Adviser is our travel bible, and this is the first time we feel let down.
Thankfully, we made a last minute decision to rent a car at the airport, otherwise we would have been committed to this place.
If the price for this room was $ 40 to 45, then OK, but the price is way too high for a room stuck literally in the middle of nowhere.
There are no local cafes, eateries....... no charm, it'.s just a seedy-ish part of town and our room overlooked a junk car yard.
We took a deluxe room at the top of the stairs. When I pulled back the top cover to look at the sheets, there were black hairs all over the pillowcase.
Two water coolers on the stairs were empty.
The pool was full and I mean full of local families, non guests.
I truly cannot understand how anyone could rate this place as excellent. If you're on holiday, you want to be around the action a little, and by that I don't mean nightclubs, I mean a place to eat, shops etc.
We moved to the quiet end of The Malecon. For only $ 30 more we struck a deal at the beautiful Posada de las flores. What a relief it was to check in.
La PAz is a great, authentic Mexican town. Very few foreign tourists, which we like. Loads of places to eat. Great beaches a 15 minute drive away. Some of the best beaches I've ever visited.
It's a real functioning town, not a tourist trap.
Enjoy La Paz, and do not make the mistake of checking into Casa Jalisca unless you have a car and can get out really quickly!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Simplicityone
Hamburg, New York
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We recently stayed here for 3 nights. The owner Juan spent a lot of time with us and genuinely likes being a local "ambassador" and is a great guy. We were out fishing during the days (not so good in mid September) and returned each evening. Juan and Roberto (the night clerk/artist!) gave us great suggestions for restaurants. If you stay there, ask them for their advice. In the mornings, Juan got up very early (5:30) to prepare us a breakfast which was great. He even went out to get some ingredients so he could make a custom breakfast for us. He also made the kitchen available for us to prepare lunches with ingredients we bought at the nearby market. We brought back some fresh Dorado one day and Juan took us to his favorite restaurant for dinner where his friend the chef prepared our catch a couple different ways, overlooking the waterfront at sunset, with live music, it was one of the highlights of our trip.

We had 2 rooms, one was absolutely fantastic, the other was nice. The air conditioning worked great, that was my number one item.

They have a nice pool although it was unavailable from 4-7 each day when we would have liked to use it. But they were accommodating about it.

The whole city is safe, we never felt any worries about it. These guys have a great attitude and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. Roberto presented us with a caricature/sketch of us fishing as we were departing. Would definitely give this 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Hambrugjl
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was traveling alone for dental work and stayed 10 nights on the recommendation of a friend who has a house in the baja. I was a teeny bit nervous being a middle-aged woman who doesn't speak spanish. The folks running Casa Jalisco, Carlos, Roberto and Juan were absolutely lovely and went out of their way to help me. I felt like I was staying in a friend's house. I loved to have the pool at hand and couldn't have done without the wi-fi. I traveled in the hottest time of year but my room was very comfortable with ac and local decorations (just say no, to anywhere-motel-6). For those who don't want to eat out every meal, there's a large supermarket/walmartish+ store within easy walking distance so I used my fridge and microwave and saved a lot of money. I definitely recommend this safe and friendly hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo