I can see how people rate this hotel excellent and poor. First of all, it's not the Westin or any other resort. It's a small traditional guest house. For what you pay here, it's well worth the money. The hotel is not in the main downtown, tourist area, but it's not far. It's a cheap ($5USD) taxi ride. The hotel is clean and the staff are accommodating. It is in a neighborhood, not a "slum" as the previous reviewer posted. It's traditional Mexico. It's very very safe. If you've never been out of the USA then you might feel unsafe because it's different, but it's very safe.
The room was clean and offered additional amenities such as toiletries, iron, nice towels, tv, free internet, coffee, and bottled water.
There are many places to eat around here, but it's not like traditional american sit down restaurants. There are many food stands all around the area. This is traditional. If you want something like USA, then go downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known as the best bargain on the Baja, Casa Jalisco is a 4 star (AAA 3 diamond) luxury hotel in tranquil La Paz, Mexico. Each luxury room has a private balcony and modern bathroom with built-in tub, plus free Wi-Fi and cable TV.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Jalisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa Jalisco Hotel La Paz
- La Casa Jalisco Paz
- La Casa Jalisco Hotel Paz