“Good seafood dinner”

Philomath, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good seafood dinner”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This restaurant is casual with sand floor and plastic chairs. It is right next to a boat dock so you get to watch the comings and goings of the boats. It was recommended to us by Ivan at Posada Luna Sol which is only about a block away. The place was empty but I attribute that more to the late season, early dinner hour, and being away from the malecon (couple blocks past the north end).

I had the whole red snapper which was very good. They have three sizes and I had the smallest which was plenty. The skin had a flaky texture with a cinnamon like taste and the meat was perfect. My wife had the scallops which were quite large and she liked them very much.

The service was good and the prices were reasonable. I would eat here again.

• Visited April 2013

Salinas, California
“Great Sea Food”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I take some of the fresh fish I caught that day. La Costa cooks the fish the way you want it and supplies the side dishes. I always return to the La Costa each time in La Paz

Visited March 2013
Seattle
“Terrific local restaurant in La Paz!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The best glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade, and the best steamed fish (with tomatoes, onion, green olives, bits of cheese, and janapenos, served in foil) that my wife and I have ever had!

Visited December 2012
Austin, Texas
“Just OK”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Stopped into La Costa after a long day on the water.
Very quiet in the place - only two other tables. Always makes me a bit nervous.
Very casual place. Plastic tables and chairs on the sand.

Ordered margaritas which were strong but good.
Started with some guacamole, which needed salt. First time in Mexico we haven't had great guacamole.

I ordered the imperial shrimp, which is supposed to be a signature dish. About a dozen shrimp, laid out in concentric circles, wrapped in bacon and in a butter sauce. The shrimp didn't taste fresh to me, which is a complete sin in a fishing town. The bacon was rubbery and not fully cooked. Side salad with no dressing. Not impressed.

My wife had the fish veracruzano, which was pretty good. Much better than my shrimp dish.

Service was mediocre, especially considering that the place was basically empty.

Would not return.

Colorado Traveler
“Authentic Baja Seafood”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the real deal where the natives go for a fresh seafood meal. The menu isn't very descriptive so ask about the offerings before you order to make sure you're getting something you'll like. Its right on the beach next to the marina and looks like it could get pretty lively after dinner.

Visited November 2012