“My home away from home.”

Catrinas Cocina Mexicana
Ranked #49 of 351 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Diner, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a Mexican food Restaurant with inside and outdoor sitting. Enjoy our great specialty's, Mojitos and Margaritas. Don't be scared of our host "The Catrina" she's been here since Cristobal Colon discovered America and came down to Baja California Sur leaving her on the beach while she was collecting some shells.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'm so glad to have found such a comfortable place. The food is authentic and delicious...the drinks well made...the atmosphere is welcoming and the service friendly and accommodating. Martin, Charlie and Luis are great! I work out of LaPaz in the winter and whenever I get a chance I'll head to Catrinas ...they have free wifi along with everything else and they always treat me very graciously. Thanks!

1  Thank liliarose63

Reviewed March 15, 2013

First time in La Paz and already we have eaten here 4 times for dinner.
It is up a small alley just past the Hotel Perla when you wander up the Malecon.
Sit outside and enjoy the sights, the friendliness of the staff and the odd wandering singer!
As noted on other reviews, the 3 Margueritas or Mojitos are great for only 100 pesos folks!
Our favourites include the caramelized pear salad, fish tacos and last night shrimp soaked in tequilla and served with fresh veggies and rice in a fabulous cream sauce.
They also serve a dish which comes in a grey stone dish piping hot. It has a variety of meats or shrimp in melted cheese. I forget the name, but my husband and I shared the salad and one of these bowls. Yummie!
At the end of the meal last night we both got a tequilla shot on the house. Thank you Martin and Charlie for remembering us.

2  Thank MrsBill
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We originally were lured here by the promotion of 3 margaritas for 100 pesos and had a look a the menu. We came here for my fiancé's birthday for some more margaritas and a massive marlin quesadilla. We asked for vegetables instead of rice and beans and that was no problem. My fiancé is Mexican and he really enjoyed the food. Would definitely return.

2  Thank Kate H
Catrinasenlapaz, Manager at Catrinas Cocina Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Hey Kate!,.. We appreciate your visit and your comment, and tell us in advance if you're planing to come back again so we can tell you about our special dishes and discount on your second visit to our destiny and of course to Catrinas Cocina Mexicana. By the way,... say hello to your fiancé and tell him that we also have our mojitos 3 per 1........

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food was yummy and Mexican. The waiters were very friendly and the host came up and had conversations and joked around with the guests. Very nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Mikayla G
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Not much was open were we could take our dog with us. Friends had eaten here and said it was good...so it was christmas day and saw this place was open for dinner..sat outside..server very nice, margurita's were ok, food very mediocre..it was mexican cuisine, but we didn't go back, not a memorable christmas day dinner!

2  Thank Will F

We do regret that our lunch that day was not to your liking, but we invite you to visit us again and to try out our regular menu, if it's mexican cousine what you are looking for we know you will like it and we will do everything on our hands to please you.