“wow - awesome”
Review of Red Travel Mexico

Red Travel Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: RED Travel Mexico provides world class conservation adventures along the Baja California peninsula and coast of mainland Mexico. Whether gray whales, sea turtles, migratory birds or mangrove forests, RED’s ecotours actively support preservation of species and habitat in addition to strengthening communities, celebrating traditional culture, and supporting sustainable local economies. Much more than a tour company, RED is a social enterprise focused on conservation and community development.
Santa Cruz, California
“wow - awesome”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

what an amazing experience. the guides were great and made us feel really comfortable. seeing the sea turtle was magical. and we'll never forget swimming with whale sharks!!!

our trip was changed at the last minute because of forces outside of everyone's control - but amazing recovery by our guides - they arranged a detour to the mountains of Baja where we camped in a rancho and hiked to a hidden waterfall. way beyond expectations!!!

Visited November 2013

Rancho Santa Margarita, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I Felt More Like a Local than a Tourist!!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Breathtaking clear waters. Magical connections to nature. Inspiring night skies . I have just graduated high school ( I am 18yrs old), and this trip to La Paz is my first time ever traveling alone, and I couldn't have asked for a more enriching experience!

RED is truly committed in connecting people to support local businesses and wildlife organizations; and I got the chance to meet many locals from biologists to friendly ranchers that opened their homes to us- making me feel integrated into the community and learning about customs that I have never heard about before.

The days were very well planned between action and relaxing, so that you never were exhausted at the end of the day- I felt completely satisfied and in peace. I took in every moment, like swimming in the hot springs, hiking to secret water holes, releasing hundreds of turtles at the crack of dawn, swimming with whale sharks and sea lions, and so much more ( that I probably could write a whole book about!)....to even the most simple ones that make us feel alive, like hearing the gentle wind rustling through the trees and appreciating the mutual connection between our group as we admired the stars.

Food was always super fresh and I got addicted to the handmade tortillas, that I learned how to make...including mouthwatering freshly picked fruit and gourmet meals that will satisfy anybody. I especially liked enjoying the home made traditional candy that I got to try and take some back home to further enjoy!

Our spectacular road trip through Baja, gave me a strong connection and love towards this country that is full of magical experiences that one has to experience first, to understand them!
It has provided me with a new perspective of life and would recommend every aspect of this magnificent trip to anybody who is in search for a extraordinary life experience.

I have just been home for a few days and already desire to go back to visit, which I surely will in the near future! Go travel with RED:)!!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jennifer G
Beaverton, Oregon
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Way Beyond Expectations”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I took my daughter on RED's whale watching & turtle research trip and it was one of the best trips of my life. My daughter got to touch a gray whale and help the researchers care for the turtles while they were being studied.

RED goes way beyond ecotourism by supporting the local communities, are very careful to avoid stressing the wildlife, and support environmental education of local students. The food was tremendous and the guides were very knowledgeable. I hope to return again soon.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank BradN32
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Absolutely breathtaking!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I went on the Magdalena Bay Sea Turtle Conservation adventure in April-- and wow, what an adventure! On the first day we got to spend some time on the Malecon in La Paz to soak up a bit of the city before our journey, which was absolutely beautiful. La Paz really one of those golden gems that haven't been touched by too many tourists yet. And if it couldn't get any better, the next day we were taken to Magdalena Bay (about two hours away) and got to witness nature in all of it's miraculous glory. For the next few days we saw dolphins, mangroves, birds of all kinds... and of course, a sea turtle (that we got to name!) And we didn't only just see these things, but the trip leaders taught us many different things about the sights that we saw. We also learned about how each and every living thing around us on the island contributed to this precious ecosystem that we need to protect.

Of course, inbetween all that learning was all that good food and fun. Like someone said before, everything was planned out for us so beautifully! For those adventure seekers, you could go out on the boats and look for dolphins and go out in the early hours of the morning to check the nets for sea turtles. And for a more relaxing time, you could walk along the shore, participate in a cooking class, or just sunbathe. Everything was so planned yet so customizable for each individual traveller's needs.

All in all, this is a wonderful experience that I recommend to everybody. Especially for business travel, as it's not everyday you can see a group of your fellow co-workers act like a bunch of cute ol' kids all covered in sand while aww'ing at a turtle! ;)

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Megan M
Jaime C, Guest Relations Manager at Red Travel Mexico, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Megan, So great to hear you enjoyed your trip a lot. Thanks so much for your kind words. It was a shame we weren't able to meet, but hopefully next time we will. La Paz will be waiting for you to come back. Saludos!
Missoula, Montana, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THANKS RED -- for a Fantastic Family Adventure!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Adventure Life staffers, Beth and Aaron, took our three kids (ages 4, 7 & 15) to Magdalena Bay with RED. This was the perfect trip for our family of outdoor and wildlife enthusiasts. Guides, food, location, camping and all around atmosphere was wonderful. Our kids experienced a lot of firsts on this trip: first time experiencing bioluminescence; first time trying fresh scallops & ceviche & flan; first time kayaking in mangroves and hunting for hermit crabs and clams. First time netting, tagging & naming sea turtles...

This is a great hands-on trip that insists you take time to enjoy, relax and respect the beautiful environment of Magdalena Bay. Working in the travel industry, I've had the opportunity to visit a lot of incredible places, and this sea kayaking & turtle conservation trip with RED is right up there with my all-time favorites. It combines great experience, guides, support staff and a wonderful setting. Both excellent hosts and excellent partners -- Adventure Life is excited to send more curious travelers to experience this truly unique adventure with the good folks at RED!

-The Conway Family

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ALife_Travel
Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure for us to receive you and your family on this trip, everybody had a great time with all of you. Looking forward to receive more Adventure Life travelers!

Best,