“Good food, good service, good location”
Review of La Cava Trece

La Cava Trece
Ranked #149 of 307 Restaurants in La Paz
Winston Salem, NC USA
“Good food, good service, good location”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I have a theory that if you go "one block off" from the main tourist strip, the food improves and the prices get lower. That was the case with La Cava Trece. It's a small but lovely little place owned by a native La Paz woman and her American husband. We were there early in the day and had an omelet and a mango smoothie. I think that both were the best we've ever had. My wife and I discussed later what made them so good and we finally decided that all the ingredients were fresh. Not fresh from the supermarket but FRESH, as in picked that morning. We think even the eggs were newly laid. Anyway.... it was great. And the owners even recommended a really nice B&B for us to stay in, about 4 blocks away. We recommend this restaurant without reservation. I wrote about it on our family website http://mynicelittlelife.com/2011/08/la-cava-trece-la-paz-mexico/

• Visited August 2011