“Amazing ambiance, amazing food!!!”
Review of Corazon Cafe - CLOSED

Corazon Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Whether you are dining alone, with friends, or with a special someone, this place will not fail at blowing away your expectations. I was visiting from California, and decided to try Corazon, since it seems to be the only restaurant in the Colonial building in La Paz.

What a gem! I had the Molcajete, which is a bowl carved out of volcanic rock, filled with scallops, shrimp, and steak, and comes with cheese, grilled vegetables, and some sort of grilled cactus. It was *absolutely* delicious! I also had a spicy serrano margueritta (sweat, spicy, and cold all at the same time!!!). Ask Emilio to make you one, you won't regret it.

It's the kind of place that makes you want to come back to Mexico for. I know I'll be back.

1  Thank Alain A

Reviewed March 11, 2014

El Corazon Café has changed their menu from last year....it is more expensive and lacks some of the things I used to go there for....
The atmosphere is lovely but I do think they should return to their original menu...

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We were in La Paz on a business trip for a few days. Corazon was close to our hotel - we went there for two breakfasts, one dinner and a lunch. At all times the service was outstanding and the atmosphere very nice in their open-air courtyard. The food itself varied between very good and average, but was consistently good value. But for the atmosphere and service alone I will certainly be back.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Excellent breakfast served in delightful surroundings with very attentive service. The café is set in an interesting building and is outside in the internal courtyard.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We went in through the front door expecting the usual indoor rectangular restaurant arrangement and boy were we surprised!
This place is absolutely amazing. seating choices include the traditional indoor restaurant tables, Covered patio tables, Courtyard tables, and even an upstairs lounge-type open air patio if you want to smoke. Full menu is available at whatever setting you choose to dine in.
I had the scallops, they were very skillfully prepared and seasoned, my date had the Molcajete (pronounced Mole-Ka-Hate-A) and although my dish was delicious, I regretted my decision not to get a Molcajete too because it was simply spectacular. All sorts of meet, accompanied by cheese, and nopal, in a heated bowl made of carved Lava rock. Not only the presentation was great, but the taste was as good as the visual promised.
We also had Tamarindo Margaritas that were out of this world.
You absolutely HAVE to visit this place!

1  Thank F00dieT0urist