“Excellent regional dishes with great innovations.”
Review of Corazon Cafe - CLOSED

Corazon Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
La Paz, Mexico
“Excellent regional dishes with great innovations.”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have only eaten here twice, once in 2011 for brunch (I don't recommend the buffet) and once recently (April 2011) for dinner. Located only a block east of the Cathredral is this charming little place. Dinner was absolutely great, highlighted with the Enmoladas which we chose to be made with queso rather than pollo. I loved the chefs spin on using toasted seseame seeds in his mole rather than the pepinos. Beautiful presentations and the servers were very willing to split portions so we could sample several dishes.

Sure restaurants can have an off night but this little one was rocking the night I was there and the experience was a lot of fun.

• Visited April 2012

La Paz
“slooooow”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

very slow wait service, the first time I went there it was great, it has progressively worsened in my opinion. Food can be interesting. But even there they are slacking off in the kitchen, someone needs to go in there and knock some heads around!

Visited August 2011
Corvallis, Oregon
“Great little courtyard, not bad, but nothing awesome either...”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The food was fine. The drinks were good. The atmosphere was very nice. The prices were too high. I wouldn't go back.

• Visited December 2011
Bay Area, CA
“Eclectic menu”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

The best ambiance for relaxing away an afternoon. Great recycled bottle sculpture in the courtyard. Wonderful regional dishes. Free WiFi!

Visited November 2011
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“I <3 Corazon Cafe”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Corazon Cafe oozes quality and charm. My boyfriend and I ate there three times in two days because we loved it so much - two breakfasts and one dinner. For breakfast, they have good coffee, fresh-squeezed OJ, great omelets and migas, and fresh fruit with yogurt and granola, among a host of other items. For dinner, we started with fabulous martinis and appetizers recommended by our waitress, I had a vegetarian mole dish as an entree, and we shared a piece of tres leches cake for dessert. I would also recommend the tamarind margarita. The food is exceptional; Corazon Cafe could compete with any gourmet restaurant in San Francisco. Service is very friendly, prompt, but not rushed. The outdoor patio is beautiful. The atmosphere is relaxed and quirky (in a good way) with a great musical playlist of chilled out jazz, breathy French female singers, and classic Spanish guitar. I <3 Corazon Cafe!

• Visited November 2011